Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

14 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Half their fans have never even been to Tuscaloosa and about a quarter have probably never been to the state of Alabama. 

I'd put it at more like 80 - 90 % have never been to turdville.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Bathel said:

Is he in line to graduate?  I’d only see that if he’s a graduate transfer. However, Jake’s been the starter at USCe for 3 years. I have a had time believing he’d leave his senior year to follow his Dad. Pretty s***ty of him if he does...

Been seeing Jake for 3 years at USCe....he's not better now than when he was a frosh....much like JS in skill level...jMO

24 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Thought this was supposed to be about who replaces chip. Reading a bunch a player and coach bashing. Take that to the proper thread. Back to OC candidates

I thought we decided Gus would choose Kodi Burns to hold the clipboard and carry the bag of Dubble Bubble.  We're just quietly talking as we wait for the big reveal.

The fact we are talking Bentley and Kodi shows how bad we are. 

For Bama let’s see what NFL guy or previous HC we want to bring in for OC.  For AU let’s see what inexperienced or HS guy we can get.   No wonder we are headed the oppo direction 

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

This is the biggest load of bulshshit saying in all of the South and we all know it. 💩 😂

WE in the south didn't first say it...but anyhow, "Not our circus, not our monkeys."

😎

Heard Gus was talking to my nephew's 6th grade football coach for the OC job, they went undefeated this year.  He turned Gus down, had a better opportunity to replace the freshman coaching spot at same school.  Prefers to carry his own clipboard, better career path, didn't want to shrink down the route tree from the 6th grade team playbook.

This is not intended to be a flame but who are we trying to kid?  We all know that Gus’s hire at OC will likely be a facade and Gus will be the one actually calling the plays.  We’ve seen this picture before.  

27 minutes ago, gctiger said:

This is not intended to be a flame but who are we trying to kid?  We all know that Gus’s hire at OC will likely be a facade and Gus will be the one actually calling the plays.  We’ve seen this picture before.  

How do you guys factually know who calls the plays?

56 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Facts!

Gus runs the offense- All AU beat writers, Golf, Bigbird, WDE.
It's the OC's fault- Mikey, 64, Corchjay.
Believe whoever you think is credible.

1 minute ago, Browning4AU said:

If we have to make a hire within the CGM tree, Eliah Drinkwitz might be the best we could get. 

Drinkwitz is not interested according to sources. 

14 minutes ago, CR said:

Got it...seems if it works it’s someone else...if it fails it’s the HC. Nobody knows....I think he has too much input which possibly does not allow the OC full autonomy to do his own thing. 

59 minutes ago, CR said:

Just a few additions:

When the offense is doing well- OC

When tbe offense is plummeting- Gus

When RB is playing lights out- OC

When player plays lights out, but gets injured by landing on shoulder- Gus ran him to death.

We won- OC

We lost-  Gus

When a QB does well- OC

When QB doesn’t- Gus cannot develop QBs

When defenders miss too many tackles- Gus needs to go

When defense is playing great- Steele

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Just a few additions:

When the offense is doing well- OC

When tbe offense is plummeting- Gus

When RB is playing lights out- OC

When player plays lights out, but gets injured by landing on shoulder- Gus ran him to death.

We won- OC

We lost-  Gus

When a QB does well- OC

When he doesn’t- Gus

When defenders miss too many tackles- Gus needs to go

When defense is playing great- Steele

My additions       It's all on Gus he is the head coach.  And it would nice to get some big name OC ,but what really matters is the direction of the program and I am not happy with that direction under Gus. His record speaks for itself.

27 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

If we have to make a hire within the CGM tree, Eliah Drinkwitz might be the best we could get. 

From what little information is actually available, that would seem more favorable than we might hope could actually happen.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

How do you guys factually know who calls the plays?

We "theoretically" know because the gameplans and play calls have not changed in 5 years and 2 different OC's.  It doesn't take a rocket-surgeon to figure out who's actually running the offense.

Regardless of who is saying "run this play" and the play is relayed through meerkat translation it's crystal clear it's still nothing but Gus' limited playbook.

Whether "promoting" Kodi or hiring Bentley only solidifies the evidence.  With a plethora of wide-open and successful offenses around the nation to hire an OC from.....Gus wants to hire a guy from a Will Muschamp Offense?  THAT'S the tree Gus wants to pick from?

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

We "theoretically" know because the gameplans and play calls have not changed in 5 years and 2 different OC's.  It doesn't take a rocket-surgeon to figure out who's actually running the offense.

Regardless of who is saying "run this play" and the play is relayed through meerkat translation it's crystal clear it's still nothing but Gus' limited playbook.

Whether "promoting" Kodi or hiring Bentley only solidifies the evidence.  With a plethora of wide-open and successful offenses around the nation to hire an OC from.....Gus wants to hire a guy from a Will Muschamp Offense?  THAT'S the tree Gus wants to pick from?

I have no issue with him making his choice. Auburn hired him to do so, he can use his position to learn and grow or sink and drown. It’s out of my realm of control. The decisions and choices he makes will determine his success and his tenure here. I just don’t get how people here can say with absolute authority who is saying and doing what. I saw Auburn run Tre Mason, all the way down the field against Bama (kick 6 game prior to half) and it worked. I also saw him try it against LSU last year and  it did not. Gus is married to his system, which has worked to great success and has failed miserably. I think he is a good coach who is at a crossroads of determining if he can make the step to become great. Time will tell.

At the end of the day Gus is the dang head coach. When we beat UGA/Bama , he got a fancy nice contract for it. Did CCL receive a humongous raise or an extension ? Like wise, if the team fails, he will receive the brunt, if not all the criticism. That’s just the way it is. 

I wonder if Fedora is interested in the job? Heck, I have heard Petrino's name mentioned by those in the know. This, Petrino is likely not going to happen. Heck, hire Patrick Nix as the OC. His HS team has done well and he would be good for Bo.  I just do not see Kodi being the choice.

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah it def seems promises were broken towards Stidham this year and his family and friends are not too happy with how it played out. Stidham was supposed to have more freedom this season. Did not look like anything had changed to me. What about you mav?

I’ll be happy to agree Gus’s called offense was te major problem this year, but you can’t for a minute give Stidham a bye on his crappy performance either. G back and watch some of those crapp throws and decisions he made. I would expect better from a Junior HS quarterback much more from a redshirt Junior College QB. It wasn’t just one game it was multiple games. I will be shocked if anyone drafts him before the 5 th round and I consider it much more likely he goes Free agency after all is said and done.

Archived