Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

23 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll be happy to agree Gus’s called offense was te major problem this year, but you can’t for a minute give Stidham a bye on his crappy performance either. G back and watch some of those crapp throws and decisions he made. I would expect better from a Junior HS quarterback much more from a redshirt Junior College QB. It wasn’t just one game it was multiple games. I will be shocked if anyone drafts him before the 5 th round and I consider it much more likely he goes Free agency after all is said and done.

No one was more disappointed in stidham this year than me. He let me down. I thought he would take that next step and become a first round nfl qb. He def regressed. This post was not about that though. WHAT I WAS SAYING WAS it was obvious him and his camp are not happy about how it all played out this year. Gus sold them on having more freedom and changing up plays. That clearly did not happen.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, creed said:

The offense we've seen for the last two years was built for JS and called by CL. It looks nothing like what a CGM offense looks like. Does CGM make recommendations? Yes. But calling plays, No. Ask CL and he'll tell you the same thing. 

hahaahah come on man. If this was truly the case the guy would of not just left for freaking KANSAS!!! KANSAS MAN!! Open your eyes!!! He rather go play for another Head Coach who cuts his OC's off at his knees than one more season with Gus. Dude was miserable. 

35 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I have no issue with him making his choice. Auburn hired him to do so, he can use his position to learn and grow or sink and drown. It’s out of my realm of control. The decisions and choices he makes will determine his success and his tenure here. I just don’t get how people here can say with absolute authority who is saying and doing what. I saw Auburn run Tre Mason, all the way down the field against Bama (kick 6 game prior to half) and it worked. I also saw him try it against LSU last year and  it did not. Gus is married to his system, which has worked to great success and has failed miserably. I think he is a good coach who is at a crossroads of determining if he can make the step to become great. Time will tell.

I agree wholeheartedly with the italicized portion of your post.

As for your question about how people (me included) feel so sure that the offense is still all Gus, all the time.... Well, you basically answered your own question in the bolded part.

Nothing in the offense has changed since he's been HC.... Oh, except for some reason he's decided to not recruit or play the personnel to make his Offense work.

21 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Results make it pretty obvious 😁

What about when the results are good...or when your QB air mails it over the receivers head, or the wr drops a sure TD, 1st down, etc. or how about when a DB gets smoked. We all look like geniuses in hindsight. The best explanation I have seen was from a thread by StatTiger, it really gave me the best insight into why there is so much inconsistency with Gus and his tenure. It’s a good read.

31 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the italicized portion of your post.

As for your question about how people (me included) feel so sure that the offense is still all Gus, all the time.... Well, you basically answered your own question in the bolded part.

Nothing in the offense has changed since he's been HC.... Oh, except for some reason he's decided to not recruit or play the personnel to make his Offense work.

BINGO!!!  OL, Dual Threat QB and 220+ pound RBs. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaahah come on man. If this was truly the case the guy would of not just left for freaking KANSAS!!! KANSAS MAN!! Open your eyes!!! He rather go play for another Head Coach who cuts his OC's off at his knees than one more season with Gus. Dude was miserable. 

U ever think it was not his choice....maybe he was asked to leave....

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Uh, no....

Prove it or its just speculation....idc either way I’m interested to see what the deal really is, see how he does at Kansas and how Auburn does without him....nevertheless Chip was so good as an OC but the only job he got was Kansas or was it because that was that was only job offer he had. 

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Prove it or its just speculation....idc either way I’m interested to see what the deal really is, see how he does at Kansas and how Auburn does without him....nevertheless Chip was so good as an OC but the only job he got was Kansas or was it because that was that was only job offer he had. 

Ok, let me see if I can locate the signed affidavit from Chip,lol. All I can tell you is I heard from personal friends of his after the LSU game that he was counting down to the clock hitting 0:00 after the Bama game so he could get the hell out. You can believe it or not, doesn’t matter to me. I just think it’s interesting that he and Rhett’s offenses looked amazingly similar and frequently inept. War Eagle, brother.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

counting down to the clock hitting 0:00 after the Bama game so he could get the hell out.

that was the talk going down at the end of the season.....he saw the hole in the boat

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

So.... any word on potential OC candidates that are not named Kodi, Bobby, or Gus? 

Looks like only Bobby Bentley from what I am reading . 

Bobby Bentley would be a disastrous hire. After all this, after he is on a nuclear-hot seat, he goes and hires ANOTHER puppet from his tree?

Just fire Gus if he really does this.

21 minutes ago, fredst said:

Ok, let me see if I can locate the signed affidavit from Chip,lol. All I can tell you is I heard from personal friends of his after the LSU game that he was counting down to the clock hitting 0:00 after the Bama game so he could get the hell out. You can believe it or not, doesn’t matter to me. I just think it’s interesting that he and Rhett’s offenses looked amazingly similar and frequently inept. War Eagle, brother.

And someone posted earlier that they know for a fact he called plays. My point we don’t know what happened and everybody got a sister cousin uncle personal friend who told them something. 

13 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

So.... any word on potential OC candidates that are not named Kodi, Bobby, or Gus? 

I’m leaning towards Gus...no need for another unless he gonna let them run it.

I wonder if it was Bentley why it has taken this long. Also, if Horton is supposedly getting interviewed every year for these smaller HC jobs, why has he not tried to become an OC. If not good enough for a OC job why would you hire him to be a HC? I’ll hang up and listen.

19 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

My anticipation is that he can assist with QB development - particularly Nix and Willis.

Is that his Schtick? I mean, other than Daddyball, who has he developed?

Well, here we are. 4 days after Lindsey formally moved on. A full two weeks removed from the end of season, and who knows how long since he made it clear to his bosses he was leaving after the IB.

And Auburn still does not have an OC. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I believe Chip was brought in just for JS and to run a RPO offense. The next wave of qbs are more read option in my opinion. So it's not a knock on Chip that he's not being retained. It's just business nothing more nothing less to bring in an OC with read option credentials.

We sign Bobby Bentley to be our OC, meanwhile Tennessee, Bama, and FSU are going after real offensive coordinators.

Let that sink in. Take ALL the time you need.

Archived