Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We sign Bobby Bentley to be our OC, meanwhile Tennessee, Bama, and FSU are going after real offensive coordinators.

Let that sink in. Take ALL the time you need.

A big name ain’t coming here.

Bobby Bentley will be the next OC barring last minute change. 

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We sign Bobby Bentley to be our OC, meanwhile Tennessee, Bama, and FSU are going after real offensive coordinators.

Bentley was the only interview other than Freeze.  I assume real OCs wouldn't even talk to Gus. 

38 minutes ago, creed said:

It's just business nothing more nothing less to bring in an OC with read option credentials

Paul Johnson has those. Probably better QB development than our current situation too...

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

🤢🤮

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Those programs also are not currently trying to run off their current coach and do what they can to insure failure in 2019.

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Those programs also are not currently trying to run off their current coach and do what they can to insure failure in 2019.

Maybe so but Gus has only a mirror to find out why that is. Leath also. 

And BTW Bentley might surprise everyone IF he’s given an opportunity to actually run the offense. He’s high quality offensive football. 

15 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

A big name ain’t coming here.

Since you have information on SC, does Bobby Bentley have another son that plays QB in HS?

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Prove it or its just speculation....idc either way I’m interested to see what the deal really is, see how he does at Kansas and how Auburn does without him....nevertheless Chip was so good as an OC but the only job he got was Kansas or was it because that was that was only job offer he had. 

It's been reported by every AU reporter & all people connected to the program. That many people on the same page on info passes speculation & is reality. What more proof do you need that can be legitimately gotten?

1 hour ago, wildlife alumni said:

why has he not tried to become an OC.

We don't know he hasn't. That's never been reported on one way or another as far as I can tell.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Maybe so but Gus has only a mirror to find out why that is. Leath also. 

Still, not supporting him next year and allowing him the assets that other coaches receive isn't going to benefit Auburn in the future.

The should of fired him and payed him vs what they are doing now.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Since you have information on SC, does Bobby Bentley have another son that plays QB in HS?

He has a son (Chas QB) at Rutgers and one (Shuler) at Murray State.I don’t know if Brooks is old enough yet but he may be. 

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Still, not supporting him next year and allowing him the assets that other coaches receive isn't going to benefit Auburn in the future.

The should of fired him and payed him vs what they are doing now.

I don’t disagree with that statement either. 

21 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

And despite what others think on here we could have done much worse. BB is a QB guru. If Gus somehow let's BB do some real coaching with the QBs they may actually develop some.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

And despite what others think on here we could have done much worse. BB is a QB guru. If Gus somehow let's BB do some real coaching with the QBs they may actually develop some.

He’s also a winner. Dude built a dynasty out of Byrnes. We used to schedule them for homecoming. 

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's been reported by every AU reporter & all people connected to the program. That many people on the same page on info passes speculation & is reality. What more proof do you need that can be legitimately gotten?

Easy there..easy there. He said it and I asked that he prove it. What’s wrong with asking a poster who said something to prove it?  I meant it as no disrespect and I follow no Au reporter and probably never will. I live in AZ, so I know I am not as connected but I am also not trying to be. I am more concerned with what happens on the field on Saturdays that’s it. A lot of people say things here that are opinion that they try and pass off as fact. In some cases they are flat out wrong and a lot of reporters and insiders have been wrong before. Just a few pages back someone said Chip called the plays all season. Nevertheless he was right I was apparently wrong and the wheels for the next OC turn on...Come on down Gus and assume the job you have apparently had for the past 6 years.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What has he done that made him a QB guru?  not flaming, just interested

Gus is gonna make them spend more time on his system and ignore all aspects of developing a qb like he always has done.

He is gonna continue to run high school style practices.

I just want this nightmare to end.

4 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I wonder if Fedora is interested in the job? Heck, I have heard Petrino's name mentioned by those in the know. This, Petrino is likely not going to happen. Heck, hire Patrick Nix as the OC. His HS team has done well and he would be good for Bo.  I just do not see Kodi being the choice.

Not for OC, but for QB coach.  Let Gus run his offense as OC and Patrick be the quarterback coach.  He has Power 5 experience and from what I saw in last night's championship game, he's done a pretty good job with his son.   Other than 2 or 3 poor decisions and a few bad passes, he looked very polished for a high school senior.  Patrick get's a raise, he gets to continue to coach his son, he stays in the Alabama Teachers Retirement System and when things go south for Gustav, he can find another job as a high school coach.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I agree 100%. 

The only surprising thing is that he has not been announced yet. I think it is making everyone a little nervous. This was supposed to be done by now  

3 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

If not happy with the hire only one way to show it with results. EMPTY STADIUM otherwise you are just supporting the idiocy.

i think it will settle down and folks will try to hope for a miracle early in the season, then reality will set in as Gus goes into idiot mode and the GA and updyke games will be a stadium of red

Archived