Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

3 hours ago, gctiger said:

IMO that’s contributed a lot to our recruiting woes.  A player either fits Gus’s system or he doesn’t.  There’s been little if any effort to adapt the system to the players.  This in turn leaves little margin for error in the player evaluations during the recruiting process.  We’ve had a number of highly skilled players arrive on campus and play very little before promptly announcing their intentions to transfer.  A truly great offensive coordinator can mold his system to fit the capabilities of his players.  

Yeah, it's what's so weird to me.

Gus recruits 2-3 DT QB's that seem to fit the "system" but then recruits 2-3 that would fit in a West Coast or Pro-Style system.

Then he plays the WC/PS QB's in the DT system.  Baffles the mind.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I had heard at one point Freeze was the man by good sources, now we are hearing Kodi might be the OC by reliable sources.  Could be true and could be false and Gus could surprise all of us!

I am hoping he surprises us in a "good way" this time!

39 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you think any of our previous OC have hired a replacement offensive coach?

nope, so let's not keep playing games any longer and just hire a QB development coach. 

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Until that thinking goes away, we can throw any thought about taking our football program to that "next level" out the window.

Yep. KB is a rockstar. He is now making over 2 million a year at a G5 school.

This. So much this.

8-5? If we are lucky. And that's assuming we actually hire a proven OC. Otherwise I think we will struggle to be bowl eligible next season.

It can swing a game every year, but Gus is more than likely gonna average 8-5 in any given year thanks to cupcakes and down teams.

23 minutes ago, Beaker said:

nope, so let's not keep playing games any longer and just hire a QB development coach. 

Anyone know a good candidate?

That would come work for Gus. 

17 minutes ago, ausburn said:

Saturday Down South has an article mentioning NFL analyst saying Tim Horton could be a candidate at App State.

@ellitor

Time to bring back Luper!

45 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Like Scott Loefler. He taught Brady everything, you know. So must be legit. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

You guys are right. It's probably the only way forward but man what a craptastic spot to be in.

IDK why I got so triggered LOL. I'm never this cranky on basketball gamedays. Woooooooooooooosaaahhhhhh

its not just you, we're all not happy about things in one way or another.....i just happen to have been the unhappiest the longest....day 1....i am just apathetic now

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

I am hoping he surprises us in a "good way" this time!

I really like Fedora and the OSU OC (Okie state). The coach from Bethel Coach is intriguing. Tee Martin could come in a do a nice job. He is a superb recruiter. If Gus is going to take over the play calling then he should look at Al Borges as the QB coach and Co-OC with Kodi if this is the lay of the land. 

53 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Like Scott Loefler. He taught Brady everything, you know. So must be legit. 

I love how people think that one year in our dumpster fire is the full story of Loeffler's career. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I love how people think that one year in our dumpster fire is the full story of Loeffler's career. 

Jesus, man. It was a joke. You're reading too much into it. Is he your nephew or something?

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jesus, man. It was a joke. You're reading too much into it. Is he your nephew or something?

Nope. But I don't really care whether it's a tired, worn out joke or a tired, worn out criticism. It's 2018 and I've probably read the dude's name 5 times this week. It's this forum's equivalent of "Pretty good... for a Monday! LOL!" Yawn. 

21 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I really like Fedora and the OSU OC (Okie state). The coach from Bethel Coach is intriguing. Tee Martin could come in a do a nice job. He is a superb recruiter. If Gus is going to take over the play calling then he should look at Al Borges as the QB coach and Co-OC with Kodi if this is the lay of the land. 

That's what I'm saying. Bring back the real BIG AL!

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nope. But I don't really care whether it's a tired, worn out joke or a tired, worn out criticism. It's 2018 and I've probably read the dude's name 5 times this week. It's this forum's equivalent of "Pretty good... for a Monday! LOL!" Yawn. 

Hmm. Well you could just get over it, because people have a right to make jokes and criticisms? That's an option🤷🏻‍♂️. Or you could just consume yourself with so much misery that little things like that bother you. Your choice.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hmm. Well you could just get over it, because people have a right to make jokes and criticisms? That's an option🤷🏻‍♂️. Or you could just consume yourself with so much misery that little things like that bother you. Your choice.

Oh dear. You're one of those. 

Ok. So let's go over the events of our interactions. You get butthurt over a Scott Loefler joke. And then you defend your butthurt attitude by saying you don't like the joke, because it's been used too much. And then you say that I AM one of those...

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c06e7ba34793075511

I got news for you man. It sure seems like you ARE that guy. 

13 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

That's what I'm saying. Bring back the real BIG AL!

If Gus could trust him with the QBs and let Al do the play calling, we could have a decent season in 2019. Likely will not happen though.

I got a serious question to decrease the intensity here. I use to be able to provide a link and it would embed the gif automatically while using the cell phone. Of course, I upgrade and now the website never embeds them automatically anymore. What gives?! Damn IPhone.

Just now, DAG said:

I got a serious question to decrease the intensity here. I use to be able to provide a link and it would embed the gif automatically while using the cell phone. Of course, I upgrade and now the website never embeds them automatically anymore. What gives?! Damn IPhone.

Yoooooo, we gotta get your gif game back on track. Is it changing the link to include the word "mobile" or anything like that by chance? I have that happen with Twitter on my phone if I go to it through a browser. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I think that you have to open the gif in it's own tab and embed that link. If you just embed the page it happens to be on, it doesn't seem to work. 

21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yeah!  That @McLoofus guy has NO .... Like ZERO sense of humor.  You're obviously very familiar with this forum to peg Loof as a humorless misery dweller.

Let's take him out back and kick the sh!t out of'em!!!

tenor.gif

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yoooooo, we gotta get your gif game back on track. Is it changing the link to include the word "mobile" or anything like that by chance? I have that happen with Twitter on my phone if I go to it through a browser. 

No it literally just post the link. It use to be I could just copy the link, post it on said forum and like magic the link would appear . Looks like technology as failed me !

Archived