Urban Meyer is Retiring

aujeff11

Think this really is a health thing....he looked awful on the sideline of the NW game last week.

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Think this really is a health thing....he looked awful on the sideline of the NW game last week.

During the Michigan game they were talking about a cyst in his head and it possibly causing pain, blurred vision, vertigo, etc. Urban looked to be in some amount of pain on the sidelines when they showed him.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I agree.

I believe him quitting on UF was more, he was sick of Saban and had no more Tebows to hang his hat on.

I truly thought this year he was preparing to be sick of Harbaugh but since he destroyed UM & won the Big10, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I hope he finds peace and healing.

50 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Auburn’s next Head Coach when Gus lays an egg next year.

Not as long as Saban's still coaching...

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Not as long as Saban's still coaching...

I just think his health really is an issue this time. Again, KANSAS was able to nab Les Miles. We can get a quality coach.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I just think his health really is an issue this time. Again, KANSAS was able to nab Les Miles.

During the game while he was just standing on the sidelines,  I saw him suddenly bend over and grab both knees....looking at the ground...looked like he was throwing up.... then slowly stood up and walked away.    Urban is far from a favorite coach despite his success....but I hate to see him, at his age, with something that looks this serious. 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I just think his health really is an issue this time. Again, KANSAS was able to nab Les Miles. We can get a quality coach.

Is Les Miles a quality coach in 2019? He got let go in the middle of the season because the game got away from him and he's notoriously bad with clock management. Miles probably could've also gone to others schools too, but apparently Kansas was his most attractive offer. I think that says something.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

This is absolutely a health thing. Nothing more.

4 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

a cyst in his head and it possibly causing pain, blurred vision, vertigo, etc.

He had surgery on the cyst in 2014 with another likely upcoming.

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Urban to Miami in 2020

I'd think he'll wait til Dabo heads to bammer so that Urban can be the King of the Hill in the ACC.  That's been his quit and come-back M.O..

Archived