Stidham going pro

gr82b4au

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure that’s been the plan since at least the Washington game - at least that’s when his friend told me. Not shocking. 

Not shocked at all. Maybe a little earlier than I thought he'd announce but not shocked.

Thanks for your service and good luck.

Just now, DAG said:

Good luck. Let the future get the snaps in the bowl game now 

Supposedly Stid is planning on playing in the bowl game as of right now. 

Still think he’d benefit from another year. No smart NFL coach would draft him at this point. Has all the physical tools, but has not shown that he has what it takes on the field. I think he probably just committed career suicide.

Not surprised though. Kids make dumb decisions all the time.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Pointless . Let him get a few snaps then we need to let the other guys get reps.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

I wish he wouldn't. No offense or slight on him but I'd love to see Malik Willis get the practice and experience as QB1.

Just now, AUFriction said:

Still think he’d benefit from another year. No smart NFL coach would draft him at this point. Has all the physical tools, but has not shown that he has what it takes on the field.

He'll be taken in the 3rd or 4th round.  I'm a Broncos fan.  We desperately need a good backup QB.  Would take him and his upside right now.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Still think he’d benefit from another year. No smart NFL coach would draft him at this point. Has all the physical tools, but has not shown that he has what it takes on the field. I think he probably just committed career suicide.

I agree he'd benefit from another year but it won't be a coach picking him. It'll be a QB hungry GM reaching for a name he knows.

Just now, Zeek said:

I wish he wouldn't. No offense or slight on him but I'd love to see Malik Willis get the practice and experience as QB1.

But are fans going to jump all over Gus if we lose the bowl game with Malik starting at QB?

But are fans going to jump all over Gus if we lose the bowl game with Malik starting at QB?

Better than losing it with a potential NFL draftee at QB, no? At least then there would be an excuse for you guys.

Wish him nothing but the best and hope to see him on Sundays.  Will always cherish the UGA and Alabama games last year.  War Eagle Jarrett!

it wont because of the QB, it will be because of predictable stupid coaching.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

He'll be taken in the 3rd or 4th round.  I'm a Broncos fan.  We desperately need a good backup QB.  Would take him and his upside right now.

This. It would be awesome for him if he could sit behind a cerebral quarterback and learn for a few years before getting thrown into the fire. Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, and hell even the Steelers with Ben Roethlisberger. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

What upside? He falls apart at the slightest sign of pressure. A good NFL back-up is the opposite of Stidham. You  want someone with ice in their veins that can manage the game, but maybe doesn’t have the physical tools of starters. 

Archived