Stidham going pro

gr82b4au

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

And if we somehow built up enough of a lead can we see Gatewood... just for a moment...

I dont even think Joey would allow Gus to speak to him at this point lol. If these season-long rumors are to be believed at all

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

yo if we start Malik I might actually watch that purdue game for more than 1 quarter...

Why so we can watch him run the designed QB run from the zone read for 3 quarters. 

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Better than losing it with a potential NFL draftee at QB, no? At least then there would be an excuse for you guys.

And if Malik gets exposed and embarrassed you'll be happy? 

Good luck JStid. I really do think you can do well in the right situation. War 🦅.

Thanks for back to back wins over Georgia and Alabama. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Why so we can watch him run the designed QB run from the zone read for 3 quarters. 

Well that is what is going to happen next year, so if you can’t handle it now , might as well not even tune in next year. Especially once Gus decides to name someone in house as OC as been stated.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Why would he get embarrassed? Is he on scholarship to play QB at a D1 school? Did the HC offer him the scholarship? Eventually JS is not going to be here , so one of the three guys who we have recruited for the QB, is going to have to play. Whether it is the bowl game this year or national TV next year. I rather him learn and make my mistakes right now. It could be Malik, Cord or JG, but one of them is going to have to see the field one damn day.

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Honestly it would be nice if all the seniors and early departures just let the young bucks get the reps and experience.

I agree, but a loss will bring the wrath of the low IQ crowd regardless of circumstance. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

And this is where I disagree. One bowl game can do a lot for the confidence for the players who rarely see PT, especially those who may be starting next year. To me, what is one game going to do for Stidham’s film? If you don’t know what type of player Stidham is by now and what you are getting yourself into then what are you doing as a scout or GM. There is nothing new under the sun for Stidham. 

From Gus's point of view, I think you're right that one more game with Stidham is useless from an evaluation standpoint. From the NFL's point of view, I'm not sure but I'm willing to agree with you. From Stidham's point of view, he lost 4 of his last 7 games- including his last 2 conference/rivalry games- and he made a lot of mistakes down that stretch. Also, certain NFL GMs might want to see a guy who finishes the drill and plays out the year. 

From a total Auburn point of view- teammates, recruiting, coaches, legacy, boosters, fans- they need to try to win the game. That's Stidham. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would he get embarrassed? Is he on scholarship to play QB at a D1 team? Did the HC offer him the scholarship? Eventually JS is not going to be here , so one of the three guys who we have recruited for the QB, is going to have to play. Whether it is the bowl game this year or national TV next year. I rather him learn and make my mistakes right now. 

sigh

Just now, McLoofus said:

From Gus's point of view, I think you're right that one more game with Stidham is useless from an evaluation standpoint. From the NFL's point of view, I'm not sure but I'm willing to agree with you. From Stidham's point of view, he lost 4 of his last 7 games- including his last 2 conference/rivalry games- and he made a lot of mistakes down that stretch. Also, certain NFL GMs might want to see a guy who finishes the drill and plays out the year. 

From a total Auburn point of view- teammates, recruiting, coaches, legacy, boosters, fans- they need to try to win the game. That's Stidham. 

I definitely agree on the last Bolded point for sure about needing to win the game.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

this

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Keep it moving Mr. me too

Sure thing Pop Warner.

Just now, DAG said:

Good one 

Of course. And it makes sense. ;D

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I definitely agree on the last Bolded point for sure about needing to win the game.

I'd like to see Stidham have a game against Purdue like he is capable of.....and win the game which will require the D to get their act together against a passing offense.    

Otherwise, was listening to a discussion yesterday about the QBs and the draft and about ten names were mentioned....and JS was not among them. He's lost a lot of ground since the beginning of the season in terms of his draft status......but has a chance to improve his status against Purdue and perhaps in workouts for interested teams. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Hahahaha. Sorry, out of reactions but that's my first genuine LOL of the day. Good times, gang. 

Been missing your rationale around here bro. Hope daddy living is going well! 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'd like to see Stidham have a game against Purdue like he is capable of.....and win the game which will require the D to get their act together against a passing offense.    

Otherwise, was listening to a discussion yesterday about the QBs and the draft and about ten names were mentioned....and JS was not among them. He's lost a lot of ground since the beginning of the season in terms of his draft status......but has a chance to improve his status against Purdue and perhaps in workouts for interested teams. 

Yikes! Well hopefully he plays his best game against Purdue otherwise..

17 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

AT LEAST WE WOULD KNOW

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hahahaha. Sorry, out of reactions but that's my first genuine LOL of the day. Good times, gang. 

I was trying to figure out how I sexually harassed him? But then it occurred to me it was DAG. ;D

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Been missing your rationale around here bro. Hope daddy living is going well! 

Thanks much, man. It's going well. This one has been a breeze compared to #1 at this point but we still count our good fortune daily and know that nobody ever knows what tomorrow brings. We're all in the same boat in that regard, eh?

Hope things are good with you as well, brother. Always an interesting time of the year, for football fans and everyone else, too. 

Archived