Stidham going pro

gr82b4au

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

AT LEAST WE WOULD KNOW

With nothing to play for, I agree with playing everyone possible in this game, but doing so comes at a cost. I'm not convinced the low IQ crowd here comprehends the point. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

AT LEAST WE WOULD KNOW

That's the issue.....would be interesting to see what he could do with a few series to get warmed up and with the first team.  I worry about decision making on his zone read plays but would be good to see him running several series of downs, or at least see if the team could make a few first downs with him there. 

Just now, AU64 said:

That's the issue.....would be interesting to see what he could do with a few series to get warmed up and with the first team.  I worry about decision making on his zone read plays but would be good to see him running several series of downs, or at least see if the team could make a few first downs with him there. 

Exactly. Otherwise next year we will be arguing about Bo Nix starting this off season when we play the Ducks from Eugene next year. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sexually harassed me? Wow. Okay Sandusky . Let’s keep it about JS 

sigh

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

With nothing to play for, I agree with playing everyone possible in this game, but doing so comes at a cost. I'm not convinced the low IQ crowd here comprehends the point. 

Not sure which crowd you are referring to but last year when KJ was hurt and some guys took the day off,  we had decided in advance that the game was not important....and then we lost the game, it became the second most important game of the year.   :dunno:

I'm hoping that coaches and players take the game seriously and that some pre-NFL players don't decide to sit out to protect their futures.  I can see why some might think about it....but I still hate the idea. . 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

If Gus would just use our cupcake games like he should we'd already know a lot more about Malik and his passing abilities. He should have been able to play 3 quarters with the full offense at least once this year.

Just now, Zeek said:

If Gus would just use our cupcake games like he should we'd already know a lot more about Malik and his passing abilities. He should have been able to play 3 quarters with the full offense at least once this year.

Probably true but considering how dysfunctional our QB and offense were, those cupcake games were a chance for some folks to work on their stats...and hopefully get some cohesion  for the offense.     JMO but I don't think MW will ever be our starter so giving him playing time in a bowl game is not critical for next season. but it would be nice to see him out there.....and likely JS is the guy who really needs a good bowl game performance. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Probably true but considering how dysfunctional our QB and offense were, those cupcake games were a chance for some folks to work on their stats...and hopefully get some cohesion  for the offense.     JMO but I don't think MW will ever be our starter so giving him playing time in a bowl game is not critical for next season. but it would be nice to see him out there.....and likely JS is the guy who really needs a good bowl game performance. 

Yeah, let me clarify. I couldn't care less if MW is the future or not. I'm pining for anyone behind JS to get meaningful passing reps.

MW - clearly not trusted

JG - some weird issues there

CS - disappeared into the ether 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah, let me clarify. I couldn't care less if MW is the future or not. I'm pining for anyone behind JS to get meaningful passing reps.

MW - clearly not trusted

JG - some weird issues there

CS - disappeared into the ether 

Yep, that’s my original point too before it got rudely and ignorantly interrupted. JS is probably our best chance to win the game, but I would like to see some of the guys vying for the Starting QB position get some PT.

Otherwise next year 

MW - very very limited PT

JG - None 

CS - None

Bo Nix - high school. 

Then you add if we do in fact hire Kodi as OC. Oh man.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep, that’s my original point too before it got rudely and ignorantly interrupted. JS is probably our best chance to win the game, but I would like to see some of the guys vying for the Starting QB position get some PT.

Otherwise next year 

MW - very very limited PT

JG - None 

CS - None

Bo Nix - high school. 

Then you add if we do in fact hire Kodi as OC. Oh man.

But Gus is such a great developer of quarterbacks! Remember that time he won the division with a non-transfer quarterback? Because I don't.

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well that is what is going to happen next year, so if you can’t handle it now , might as well not even tune in next year. Especially once Gus decides to name someone in house as OC as been stated.

I can't handle it now. It's going to suck. Wake me up in December 2019

Good for Jarrett & congratulations! Half kidding when I say watch for him in this bowl game to suddenly understand how to get rid of the ball and not take a (career threatening) sack.😉

I’m sorry but Willis is not ready to lead us to a bowl win. Has talent but lacking drastically in experience. Last seen running sideways or backwards to avoid getting killed. JMHO 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Not sure which crowd you are referring to but last year when KJ was hurt and some guys took the day off,  we had decided in advance that the game was not important....and then we lost the game, it became the second most important game of the year.   :dunno:

I'm hoping that coaches and players take the game seriously and that some pre-NFL players don't decide to sit out to protect their futures.  I can see why some might think about it....but I still hate the idea. . 

I wasn't referring to you 64. 

It has been a tendency of teams, when having little to play for, to play poorly. I hope for more, expect the same.

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

I’m sorry but Willis is not ready to lead us to a bowl win. Has talent but lacking drastically in experience. Last seen running sideways or backwards to avoid getting killed. JMHO 

What relevance is had from winning this bowl game?

it should be an open exhibition to help decide the future, not some sense of relief from what has been an abject failure 

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Still think he’d benefit from another year. No smart NFL coach would draft him at this point. Has all the physical tools, but has not shown that he has what it takes on the field. I think he probably just committed career suicide.

Not surprised though. Kids make dumb decisions all the time.

He might benefit from another year if he was somewhere getting coached up at all. As it is, he needs to get out and hopefully land in a good situation. Hell, I saw freakin’ Colt McCoy and Mark Sanchez playing in an NFL games last night- Stidham has their physical tools at the very least. Good luck to him.

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep, that’s my original point too before it got rudely and ignorantly interrupted.

Me too

2 things.  Purdue is not that good of a team.  I know everyone is in love with Brohm and they beat Ohio State but I see them being Ole Miss level. 

2.  How different will the offense look with Gus 100% in control.  I know it probably won’t be night and day different but I’d expect a lot more running.  As JF3 proved you just can’t be a running Qb under Gus.  Does Gus trust Malik or Cord to run this offense and make the throws?

hopefully this game is a blowout as it should be and we clear the benches by the 4th.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We know Mr.

Thank you Mrs.

Archived