Stidham going pro

gr82b4au

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

But are fans going to jump all over Gus if we lose the bowl game with Malik starting at QB?

Not if it's Stidham's decision to forgo the bowl game like many seniors are.

5 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Still think he’d benefit from another year. No smart NFL coach would draft him at this point. Has all the physical tools, but has not shown that he has what it takes on the field. I think he probably just committed career suicide.

Not surprised though. Kids make dumb decisions all the time.

I don't think Stid and Gus see eye to eye. That is why I am surprised to hear he may be playing in the bowl game. I thought for sure he would sit out. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I don't think Stid and Gus see eye to eye. That is why I am surprised to hear he may be playing in the bowl game. I thought for sure he would sit out. 

Honestly it would be nice if all the seniors and early departures just let the young bucks get the reps and experience.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

it wont because of the QB, it will be because of predictable stupid coaching.

Exactly, Gus has dug himself into a huge hole he can’t afford to lose the bowl game, backups aren’t an option , he’ll play Stindam especially if he signs Bryant.

6 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Hopefully he'll sit out the bowl game, need to work the backups. 

If he declares before the bowl game, I don't think he will be eligible to participate..............Malik starts the bowl game and leads us to a big victory and all the Auburn fans will say, WHY didn't Gus start him over Stidham

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

yo if we start Malik I might actually watch that purdue game for more than 1 quarter...

I want Malik, Cord and JG to see snaps. Jarrett mind will be elsewhere. Let him enjoy cashville and prepare thyself for the NFL.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

yo if we start Malik I might actually watch that purdue game for more than 1 quarter...

And if we somehow built up enough of a lead can we see Gatewood... just for a moment...

Just now, WDEDothan1976 said:

Malik starts the bowl game and leads us to a big victory and all the Auburn fans will say, WHY didn't Gus start him over Stidham

" Chip made me start him, no doubt."

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Honestly it would be nice if all the seniors and early departures just let the young bucks get the reps and experience.

If I'm Derrick Brown theres no way I'm going out there in the Music City Bowl vs Purdue and risking getting rolled up on.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

" Chip made me start him, no doubt."

I could seriously see Gus saying something like this. Probably something along the lines of "I trusted my offensive staff to make the personnel decisions. We've know for a while he's a kid that could play. No doubt."

11 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

What upside? He falls apart at the slightest sign of pressure. A good NFL back-up is the opposite of Stidham. You  want someone with ice in their veins that can manage the game, but maybe doesn’t have the physical tools of starters. 

He had zero confidence in his O line this year.  It was plain as day to see and it was a rightful concern.  However, put him behind a good NFL o-line with a better passing scheme and he'll be fine.  The NFL is largely 5-10 yard throws anymore.  He excels at that.  Said it before, but he would exceptional in a Patriots/Steelers style of offense.

I wish Stidham well in the NFL. I do hope he sits out the bowl game because we need to see what Malik can do to see if he can be the guy next year. And Malik deserves that opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

Good luck, Stidham!

Hear, hear. 

As for the bowl game, Gus needs to do whatever he thinks is best to win the game. Clearly he thought all season that Stidham was our best shot at winning, and he was probably right. So if JS wants to play, he needs to play. One bowl game against Purdue isn't going to decide or prepare next year's QB. Gus has a LOT of incentive to try to win this game. And Stidham has one last shot at putting some good plays on film. We're not going to get a try-out for next season unless Stidham chooses not to play. Which he shouldn't. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Hear, hear. 

As for the bowl game, Gus needs to do whatever he thinks is best to win the game. Clearly he thought all season that Stidham was our best shot at winning, and he was probably right. So if JS wants to play, he needs to play. One bowl game against Purdue isn't going to decide or prepare next year's QB. Gus has a LOT of incentive to try to win this game. And Stidham has one last shot at putting some good plays on film. We're not going to get a try-out for next season unless Stidham chooses not to play. Which he shouldn't. 

And this is where I disagree. One bowl game can do a lot for the confidence for the players who rarely see PT, especially those who may be starting next year. To me, what is one game going to do for Stidham’s film? If you don’t know what type of player Stidham is by now and what you are getting yourself into then what are you doing as a scout or GM. There is nothing new under the sun for Stidham. 

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Pointless . Let him get a few snaps then we need to let the other guys get reps.

No harm in him wanting to go out with a good game under his belt.

I wouldn't want my last game to be a blowout last either. 

Archived