Stidham going pro

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Malik deserves an opportunity

Does he?  

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Exactly. Is it really terrible to want to see what we have in the future?

Nope! I'm totally with you on wanting to see what these guys have now.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Not saying I think he's the guy moving forward, but I liked how Cord moved in his limited action.

That's the type of runner, at least, our O needs to operate at a fully functional level. He may have the same speed/running ability as Nick Fitzgerald. But this is based on like 4 minutes of watching him.....and not particularly sober. Soooo....

2018 Auburn definitely pairs well with alcohol. At first.

Agree on Cord's mobility. He's well constructed to... deal with... next season. He's drawn comparisons to Tebow in terms of body type and mobility. (NO, nobody is comparing him to Tim Tebow the quarterback. Just stop it, you maniacs.)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AUFriction said:

But are fans going to jump all over Gus if we lose the bowl game with Malik starting at QB?

The game means nothing other than getting young guys experience. Not a big difference between 7-6 and 8-5. We DO need to win to give us offseason momentum, but we don't need to play Stidham. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

2018 Auburn definitely pairs well with alcohol. At first.

For a myriad of reasons I have left the alcohol behind and gone exclusively the way of @aubiefifty.

Not but really, GI issues have forced me to stop drinking. Unconfirmed whether or not Gus is behind said GI issues.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

For a myriad of reasons I have left the alcohol behind and gone exclusively the way of @aubiefifty.

Not but really, GI issues have forced me to stop drinking. Unconfirmed whether or not Gus is behind said GI issues.

Image result for mad hulk gif

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

Funny, I've watched Stidham do that in every game too.....ALL SEASON. Same thing in our last bowl game. Stidham was running for his life and getting happy feet and getting sacked and making poor throws and all sorts of the same things. The only difference is, Stidham has way more experience. What else does Gus have to lose by playing the youngsters? Damn sure ain't going to lose his job!!Lol. I mean...c'mon man.

C’mon what? ? ?

25 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The game means nothing other than getting young guys experience. Not a big difference between 7-6 and 8-5. We DO need to win to give us offseason momentum, but we don't need to play Stidham. 

I don’t mind playing Stidham but he shouldn’t take all valuable reps from the other guys who will be here next season.

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

C’mon what? ? ?

Quit worrying about if Stidham gives us the best chance or not. Gus needs to build the younger guys. I mean, think and say what you want of course. I just don't think it matters if we win or lose this game. It's essentially extra practice time.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

He'll get drafted. Teams take quarterbacks with his measurements almost regardless of film and stats. They get desperate.

I'd be fine with a friendly $10 wager on the matter though ;D

Man...you are a real gambler....😃   .what are there?  about 30 rounds in the draft.....by the end they are drafting nephews and water boys.  So yes...he will get drafted but I do expect it to be below the level of the big bonus....and not where folks were predicting a few months ago.  

As for me....I am hoping JS  builds up his draft stock against Purdue.....but the idea of a wipe out sounds like some people just setting up an expectation that is designed to fail.   Brohm after all is an all-world coach , at least that is what we have been told for months on the "new coach" threads.....so more likely it will be fairly even match....:dunno:

Best of luck to Stidham.

So if we don't get Bryant or some other transfer we will start next season with a QB with basically little to no college experience.  Can anyone say "player development?"  Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?  

13 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Quit worrying about if Stidham gives us the best chance or not. Gus needs to build the younger guys. I mean, think and say what you want of course. I just don't think it matters if we win or lose this game.

I heard last year that bowls don’t matter. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. Certainly didn’t help Purdue as they started 0-3 this year. 

Apparently they do matter when someone updates Gus’s bowl record and presents it with the rest of Gus’s failures as an argument for his firing. I do want to win tbe game. I don’t think there is much of a future for Gus left at Auburn, and we need every win that we can get. Purdue is excited about the chance to play in another bowl game, so we need to come out ready to play. 

3 minutes ago, auelvis87 said:

Best of luck to Stidham.

So if we don't get Bryant or some other transfer we will start next season with a QB with basically little to no college experience.  Can anyone say "player development?"  Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?  

Is the "experience" thing really a huge deal anymore though?  Clemson just rolled through their season with a true freshman at QB.  Tua barely played last year and we know what he's doing.  Ian Book at ND had thrown 75 career passes before this season.  Jake Fromm took UGA to the natty last year as a true freshman.  Point being, the experience thing can be overrated.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I heard last year that bowls don’t matter. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. Certainly didn’t help Purdue as they started 0-3 this year. 

Apparently they do matter when someone updates Gus’s bowl record and presents it with the rest of Gus’s failures as an argument for his firing. I do want to win tbe game. I don’t think there is much of a future for Gus left at Auburn, and we need every win that we can get. Purdue is excited about the chance to play in another bowl game, so we need to come out ready to play. 

I could care less about the record of Gus at this point. I'm more interested in getting the kids that will be here more game experience. Doesn't matter, Gus won't play them unless he's forced to by Stidham electing to sit out the bowl game. We've seen time and time again Gus refusing to develop these guys, the bowl game won't be any different.  JMHO

7 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I could care less about the record of Gus at this point.

Well I couldn’t either. I couldn’t care less watching Willis screw up over and over either. I want us to win the game.

As for the others, if they still have redshirt eligibility and can afford to play in the bowl game, they may get their PT.

37 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Man...you are a real gambler....😃   .what are there?  about 30 rounds in the draft.....by the end they are drafting nephews and water boys.  So yes...he will get drafted but I do expect it to be below the level of the big bonus....and not where folks were predicting a few months ago.  

As for me....I am hoping JS  builds up his draft stock against Purdue.....but the idea of a wipe out sounds like some people just setting up an expectation that is designed to fail.   Brohm after all is an all-world coach , at least that is what we have been told for months on the "new coach" threads.....so more likely it will be fairly even match....:dunno:

Lol I agree with you 100% but let me make a joke

Sensei Mud must have been passed up for some water boys lol

I am all for Stidham deciding as he feels it is best for Him.  But i want to put something in here that might be best in a new thread, BUT  here it goes.  These guys who do not play in the bowls and opt out i have a problem with.  I feel under the circumstances the University should yank the scholarship at that time and make them finish their fees.  Here is my reasoning.  The player does it to avoid injury so he can make his money.  The University is investing their money in him to win that bowl game.  It is imperative to win  a bowl game for many purposes.  To lose a game you should win because a valuable piece is missing goes against recruiting,etc( or could)  .  The team needs him to practice to make the best of that extra time they have because of the bowl game.  I know many will disagree with me, but i was a student athlete, and i know what it means to play and depend on that scholarship for a degree.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

What year are you living in? 😁 There are only 7 rounds, 32 teams though. 30 rounds was a long, long time ago.  He will probably get drafted, but it could be late enough for teams to wait and take him as an UFA. 

11 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

What year are you living in? 😁 There are only 7 rounds, 32 teams though. 30 rounds was a long, long time ago.  He will probably get drafted, but it could be late enough for teams to wait and take him as an UFA. 

NFL, MLB, they're all the same.

1. Thank you JS for your time on the plains. 

2. Best of luck to you in the future. 

3. Please don’t play in the bowl game.. our backups need the reps and the only way they will get them is if you force Gus to play them. 

4. Thank you amd War Eagle. 

8 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

NFL, MLB, they're all the same.

Yeah….that's what I was thinking about...:)     Still, there are lots of slots and sometimes it's best not to get drafted as an afterthought by some team that does not really have an active opening.   FAs have a bit of flexibility to go where they are needed.....but the teams have no risk with them....little if an bonus and can cut them loose anytime they wish.    

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

1. Thank you JS for your time on the plains. 

2. Best of luck to you in the future. 

3. Please don’t play in the bowl game.. our backups need the reps and the only way they will get them is if you force Gus to play them. 

4. Thank you amd War Eagle. 

JMO but JS needs the time in the bowl game ….and I'd like to see us give it our best shot to.  But noticed that LSU's top DB is taking a pass.....and maybe a couple more...

Just now, AU64 said:

JMO but JS needs the time in the bowl game ….and I'd like to see us give it our best shot to.  But noticed that LSU's top DB is taking a pass.....and maybe a couple more...

Honestly he probably does need the time.. but the backups need more time.. was my line of thinking. I am sure one of them will start next season. 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Is the "experience" thing really a huge deal anymore though?  Clemson just rolled through their season with a true freshman at QB.  Tua barely played last year and we know what he's doing.  Ian Book at ND had thrown 75 career passes before this season.  Jake Fromm took UGA to the natty last year as a true freshman.  Point being, the experience thing can be overrated.

So what you're saying is that the emphasis should be on "development"?

Archived