2019-20 Starting Quarterback

Zeek

Who will start the majority of games for Auburn in the 2019-20 Season?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Start the Majority of Games?

• Malik Willis / Junior
    • Cord Sandberg / Sophomore
    • Joey Gatewood / RS Freshman
    • Bo Nix / Freshman
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/29/2019 at 01:00 PM

Now that Stidham is officially gone for next year we can begin my favorite threads in all of AUFamily history.

WHO WILL BE THE STARTING QUARTERBACK

Let the madness begin! Remember the rules regarding not trashing the players and keeping criticism strictly to their performance. No name calling towards players.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JMassie11 said:

Khalil Tate!!!

I thought about adding him to the list but there aren't any articles or sources showing any interest yet. You'll definitely be a proud poster if a year from now he's starting!

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Khalil Tate!!!

I am going to have to look up some highlights on Khalil. Been the flavor of the week lately.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I thought about adding him to the list but there aren't any articles or sources showing any interest yet. You'll definitely be a proud poster if a year from now he's starting!

Wishful thinking right now but imo only guy that saves Gus’s job

Just now, DAG said:

I am going to have to look up some highlights on Khalil. Been the flavor of the week lately.

Be sure to add a comment when you do

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

A mobile qb wearing #14 who is probably a better runner than passer

Just now, Zeek said:

Seems to have deceptive speed. Reading his story and looks like Arizona has been trying to make him more of a pocket passer...

Until I see Nix play at the college level I’m assuming he’s not the starter next season.  Same with Bryant.  Until he says I’m going to Auburn I’m not going to speculate.  It’s not Joey.  That leaves Malik and Cord.  Malik has the most experience but didn’t wow in his opportunities.  Cord played against ASU and looked decent.  I’m going Cord due to his ability to run and the balls he did throw looked a lot sharper than Malik.  I also think Cord will have a lot more maturity from playing baseball than what I’ve seen from Malik.

Just now, DAG said:

Seems to have deceptive speed. Reading his story and looks like Arizona has been trying to make him more of a pocket passer...

Arizona people are mad at Sumlin about that.  His production and effectiveness took a dive this year.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Arizona people are mad at Sumlin about that.  His production and effectiveness took a dive this year.

Kevin Sumlin can't seem to get out of his own way

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I would think it’s too early to even guess without knowing for certain who will even be on the roster.  

Why? We guess who the next head coach is without any certainty of The future lol

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Square peg meat round hole.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Until I see Nix play at the college level I’m assuming he’s not the starter next season.  Same with Bryant.  Until he says I’m going to Auburn I’m not going to speculate.  It’s not Joey.  That leaves Malik and Cord.  Malik has the most experience but didn’t wow in his opportunities.  Cord played against ASU and looked decent.  I’m going Cord due to his ability to run and the balls he did throw looked a lot sharper than Malik.  I also think Cord will have a lot more maturity from playing baseball than what I’ve seen from Malik.

Convincing argument. Would 110% mean a Malik transfer in that situation. I do think it's unlikely Cord came back to college without expectations of starting at some point.

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I would think it’s too early to even guess without knowing for certain who will even be on the roster.  

gif.gif

Just now, tigerken said:

Can I submit my answer at 6:05 this evening? 😎

I set the poll to end two days before our first game lol. It's all about getting it in on time to say "I knew it!"

Just now, Zeek said:

I set the poll to end two days before our first game lol. It's all about getting it in on time to say "I knew it!"

Okay. I'll jump into the fray then.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No reports have us getting Kelly, so 

I’d go Khalil, Malik if he’s somehow been subjugated to sticking around another season, then Bo Nicks 

I'm delusionally going with Bo Nix. I've always wanted a 4 year starter at Auburn who gave us stability at the position for more than 1-2 seasons. IF he's the starter than that means he's got some seriously special sauce.

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I forgot how much I miss NM watching Tate. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I forgot how much I miss NM watching Tate. 

The "Gus needs a mobile quarterback to be successful" conversation has been repeated so many times but boy is it fun watching our offense when we have a true homerun threat at quarterback.  

Archived