2019-20 Starting Quarterback

Zeek

Who will start the majority of games for Auburn in the 2019-20 Season?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Start the Majority of Games?

• Malik Willis / Junior
    • Cord Sandberg / Sophomore
    • Joey Gatewood / RS Freshman
    • Bo Nix / Freshman
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/29/2019 at 01:00 PM

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Now that Stidham is officially gone for next year we can begin my favorite threads in all of AUFamily history.

WHO WILL BE THE STARTING QUARTERBACK

Let the madness begin! Remember the rules regarding not trashing the players and keeping criticism strictly to their performance. No name calling towards players.

IT WON'T MATTER

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am going to have to look up some highlights on Khalil. Been the flavor of the week lately.

He’s from Inglewood, so you know he’s tough as nails. 

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

IT WON'T MATTER

IpirG.jpg

To counter my own comment about Bo Nix. I can't ever see Gus starting a true freshman over someone with seniority in a controversial way similar to what Clemson did. Even if Bo is better than Kelly Bryant there is no way on God's green Earth that Nix would get the nod this year.

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why? We guess who the next head coach is without any certainty of The future lol

Yeah, I guess that’s what forums are for, but it sure seems like a waste of time to go guessing when you don’t have all the pieces to the puzzle.  That being said, waste away!  🙂

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

To counter my own comment about Bo Nix. I can't ever see Gus starting a true freshman over someone with seniority in a controversial way similar to what Clemson did. Even if Bo is better than Kelly Bryant there is no way on God's green Earth that Nix would get the nod this year.

It usually  takes an uproar and a bad loss to open Gus’s eyes to change.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

It usually  takes an uproar and a bad loss to open Gus’s eyes to change.

If things keep up the way they are his eyes might open wide enough to let his eyeballs fall out.

Part of me would love to see Tate (like him better than Bryant after doing some research).  I think he could very much be another Marshall.

But....

Gus has me feeling a bit billigerent enough that I want him to have to perform with what he's recruited already.  Sleep in the bed he's made....no more lifelines, excuses or "miracles".  Prove your true worth that you can sustain the success and not drop back to 7-5 after a good/great season.

I want him to run Malik or Joey.  MAYBE Cord...IF Cord can run like Nick Fitzgerald, who was sorta a poor man's Cam Newton.  Maybe?  But Bo is another Sean White (probably better passer) but not a TRUE dual-threat...at least not with what I've seen.  He'd be better in a Hugh Freeze or Kendall Briles Offense (think Stidham).

If KB comes here, Gus's career at Auburn will go as KB goes. No way Bo starts, even if he is the best QB. Gus has to be basically ready to play KB, win lose or draw.

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No way Bo starts, even if he is the best QB.

Gus’s parting present?

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

playalong.gif

Sorry, Zeek...not dissing your poll at all. Tha'ts how I truly feel about who the QB is next year until Gus proves it wrong.

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If KB comes here, Gus's career at Auburn will go as KB goes. No way Bo starts, even if he is the best QB. Gus has to be basically ready to play KB, win lose or draw.

KB is not coming is my guess.

6 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Probably for the best. Gus can face the music as far as his QB recruiting/development goes. 

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

A lot of the Auburn “insiders” are starting to say he’s coming.  Would be cool to march him out at halftime of the b-ball game to announce.

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

A lot of the Auburn “insiders” are starting to say he’s coming.  Would be cool to march him out at halftime of the b-ball game to announce.

Really? That would be great. Who I voted for lol

I think KB would be good and solid for us but I really think Tate would be the electric playmaker at QB that this offense so desperately needs. IMO our run game would be helped exponentially if the defenses had to even consider the idea of the QB keeping the ball. 

Gus may not need a DT QB to win, but he damn sure looks a lot smarter when he has one. His system utilizes the running QBs skillset very well.

I am still very high on Nix.  Coming in early to get started too.  If KB or Tate comes that would be the only reason he does not start.  And Nix has already publicly stated he is okay with redshirting if needed.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I forgot how much I miss NM watching Tate. 

Tate is very active. I'm not sure he would fare as well as NM in our offense (NM was just so quick). An SEC defense would shut down a lot of those runs. And remember, a lot of Tate's passing success came off of play action...we don't have that!

But he DOES have the confidence of NM. That would surprise a lot of defenses (running around a squatting DE)  and IMO bring more success to our offense as it sits today.

I do have confidence that everything Tate would need to do to be successful in our offense, Gus would do the opposite

I would like to see if it would work.

I'm going with other, only for the fact that until Gus figures out how to play to the strengths it won't matter. Stidham should've been a star here, but poor utilization of what he does best made the results meh. 

Archived