2019-20 Starting Quarterback

Zeek

Who will start the majority of games for Auburn in the 2019-20 Season?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Start the Majority of Games?

• Malik Willis / Junior
    • Cord Sandberg / Sophomore
    • Joey Gatewood / RS Freshman
    • Bo Nix / Freshman
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/29/2019 at 01:00 PM

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

You're using logic. If you're trying to predict next years starter, you should be using paranoia. Bo hasn't a chance.

Oh. My bad.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won’t be a transfer. Everybody knows Gus is gone after his year. KB to Missouri. Bad when we can’t even out recruit Mizzo . Gus got down in his knees and begged and still couldn’t get KB

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Won’t be a transfer. Everybody knows Gus is gone after his year. KB to Missouri. Bad when we can’t even out recruit Mizzo . Gus got down in his knees and begged and still couldn’t get KB

Dang.

Personally, I am ready for Bo to start, even with growing pains. Imagine him in his Junior and Senior years. Will be insane, whoever the coach is. War Eagle!

5 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Personally, I am ready for Bo to start, even with growing pains. Imagine him in his Junior and Senior years. Will be insane, whoever the coach is. War Eagle!

Gus knows he's basically gone so what will keep him from just refusing to develop Bo Nix like with so many other freshman? 

Oh, wait... 

Just now, AUbritt said:

I wish he could start as well.  Doubt Gus will allow it. I am not sure he should start with Gus as coach and that refusing to play to a players strength thing he has going on. 

Just now, AuMarine said:

I wish he could start as well.  Doubt Gus will allow it. I am not sure he should start with Gus as coach and that refusing to play to a players strength thing he has going on. 

Hoping Gus knows he can't play it safe and hang on any longer. He needs to let it all hang out, like he did when he first came to Auburn as OC. Remember when we went for it til the last second of the half? When we made onside kicks on a regular basis? When he made something out of nothing? I do, and I sure hope he does. He's got nothing left than that.

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

What are you doing here? This is a site for the all-knowing. Who let @alexava in??

Ok I will go out on a limb and predict it won’t be Kelly Bryant. 

12 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

I agree. Tua, Hurts, & Fromm started as freshmen. And Clemson benched KB in favor of  another freshmen. If Bo is on their level we will probably know it his freshmen year. In any case, I would rather see him begin developing as a freshman as opposed to getting a graduate transfer that will be one-and-done.

4 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Hoping Gus knows he can't play it safe and hang on any longer. He needs to let it all hang out, like he did when he first came to Auburn as OC. Remember when we went for it til the last second of the half? When we made onside kicks on a regular basis? When he made something out of nothing? I do, and I sure hope he does. He's got nothing left than that.

I remember well.. considering we didn’t fire him this year and we should have, I am just hoping he lets go of whatever he is hanging on to, and allows his OC to have full control of the offense. JMO but given his past it won’t happen. 

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

I remember well.. considering we didn’t fire him this year and we should have, I am just hoping he lets go of whatever he is hanging on to, and allows his OC to have full control of the offense. JMO but given his past it won’t happen. 

Yep. Not sure exactly when he went conservative. The NC game against FSU? He used to be fearless, then he turned gutless. I'd just as soon he didn't hire an OC and called it all himself next year. Let's see him at his best/worst, whatever that is now, and then make a decision.

Well Kelly Bryant is out... he's gone to Mizzou.

***Removed him from the poll

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Well Kelly Bryant is out... he's gone to Mizzou.

Kelly Bryant ? Never heard of her 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Kelly Bryant ? Never heard of her 

We didn't want her anyways right? - JABA

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

The irony: at Auburn currently, Bo's freshman year would be his most effective. 

Well, next year does set up well for an undefeated run, after all.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We didn't want her anyways right? - JABA

I didn't.

If Gus really wants to continue to be Auburn's HC beyond '19 then he needs to develop a QB he recruited from HS (or Cord).  It's time to take off the training wheels.  Actually coach somebody up or hire a QB coach who can and let him do it.

I know.  I'm just mean.  Grrr....

22 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Liberty QB sure hoping so.

I just don’t see the largest Christian university in the country hiring him after the transgressions that got him fired. But stranger things happen. 

10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I didn't.

If Gus really wants to continue to be Auburn's HC beyond '19 then he needs to develop a QB he recruited from HS (or Cord).  It's time to take off the training wheels.  Actually coach somebody up or hire a QB coach who can and let him do it.

I know.  I'm just mean.  Grrr....

Agreed lol

Just know it won't happen.

Just now, Zeek said:

Agreed lol

Just know it won't happen.

I don't expect it to either.

And from the sounds of the supposed "reworked" contract, it sounds like the PTB have sabotaged him to help ensure his failure.

As much as I'm sick of Gus, if this is really true, then that's just borderline criminal.  Certainly unfair and disingenuous on their part.

I'm disappointed in the whole lot of them at this point.

Archived