Urban Meyer

wde1968

Cowherd is the kinda guy who throws crazy ideas out there hoping that when it comes true he can say he was the only who was saying such.

I can't recall how many times he predicted Butch Jones' Tennessee to upset Alabama. But his predictions are purely contrarian guised as bold.

I wouldn't be surprised if Urbs is in fact done. It was one thing in the SEC to speculate that he didn't want to compete with Saban year in-year out, but he's riding the gravy train with biscuit wheels up there in Columbus, I can't imagine he would leave if he didn't have his health in mind. Just my two cents...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Freak said:

After he won the championship game the other night he said the Big 10 was the best conference and OSU was in arguably the best division in college football.

He definitely needs to get checked out by a competent doctor.

I don’t see where he’s wrong. If the opinion is that it’s the SEC, no other team is in the same realm as Alabama, UGA looked hapless against a healthy QB and was only up 14 against a broken down Tua. LSU stomped them at home but that was probably the pinnacle of their season that should’ve ended in 4 losses. The SEC West has fodder like us and A&M that might play another conference’s best tough but only win by 2 TDs or so against absolute filth like Arkansas. Just playing above our heads in openers. The SECW could be the best again based on talent but the division with OSU, UM, PSU and I believe MSU was definitely better this year 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Urban wants no part of the SEC. Go look at the amount of players drafted out of the SEC compared to any other conference including the Big Ten.

Really man?  He's won two SEC titles, two national titles while at an SEC program, and played for another SEC title.  What exactly does he have to prove in this conference?

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Really man?  He's won two SEC titles, two national titles while at an SEC program, and played for another SEC title.  What exactly does he have to prove in this conference?

Yes, with Tim Tebow and Dan Mullen as Tebow’s coordinator. I’m telling you, he wants no part of the SEC! Believe what you wanna believe, argue what and with whom you want to argue. Urban wants no part of the SEC, that’s why he got out of it!

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, with Tim Tebow and Dan Mullen as Tebow’s coordinator. I’m telling you, he wants no part of the SEC! Believe what you wanna believe, argue what and with whom you want to argue. Urban wants no part of the SEC, that’s why he got out of it!

Um, that first national title, Tebow didn't even start for the Gators.  Chris Leak did.  Tebow threw 33 passes all year in 2006.

And if we're now penalizing a coach for good recruiting and hiring practices, then we really need to stop analyzing a coach altogether.

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That he can beat Auburn. 0-2 baby! 

Why not Auburn? Don't forget, Urban has coached in the SEC before. Urban had great years at Florida by winning 2 national championships while at UF..

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Um, that first national title, Tebow didn't even start for the Gators.  Chris Leak did.  Tebow threw 33 passes all year in 2006.

And if we're now penalizing a coach for good recruiting and hiring practices, then we really need to stop analyzing a coach altogether.

I don’t know why you “have it in” for everything I post, so please put me on your ignore list. Again, Meyer wants no part of the SEC! That’s why he got out and used the excuse of a heart condition? Then two years later he’s coaching at Ohio State? Some heart condition!

But after he’s busted on top of busted, and embarrassed again he’s retiring for health reasons? Then he’s going to come back in two years? 

Please get me out of your head, I have no desire to be there.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Urban wants no part of the SEC. Go look at the amount of players drafted out of the SEC compared to any other conference including the Big Ten.

You can say this but he got out of coaching because of his heart. He came back to coaching when he realized it wasn't his heart,  but a severe case of acid reflux.  Florida had a head coach and Ohio State was a much bigger opportunity on a much grander staged than Florida ever was. It's not like Alabama,  Georgia or LSU had  job offers for him to consider. He won two national championships when the SEC was at it's peak. I don't think he'd have a problem coaching in this Conference if the right opportunity came along.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t see where he’s wrong. If the opinion is that it’s the SEC, no other team is in the same realm as Alabama, UGA looked hapless against a healthy QB and was only up 14 against a broken down Tua. LSU stomped them at home but that was probably the pinnacle of their season that should’ve ended in 4 losses. The SEC West has fodder like us and A&M that might play another conference’s best tough but only win by 2 TDs or so against absolute filth like Arkansas. Just playing above our heads in openers. The SECW could be the best again based on talent but the division with OSU, UM, PSU and I believe MSU was definitely better this year 

SEC has 8 teams still ranked.  4 of those are in the west.  Big 10 has 4 teams still ranked period.  MSU was 7-5, don't even.

19 minutes ago, The Freak said:

SEC has 8 teams still ranked.  4 of those are in the west.  Big 10 has 4 teams still ranked period.  MSU was 7-5, don't even.

^This^ plus if those big 10 teams were playing in the SEC West, they would be .500 at best.

52 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I don’t know why you “have it in” for everything I post, so please put me on your ignore list. Again, Meyer wants no part of the SEC! That’s why he got out and used the excuse of a heart condition? Then two years later he’s coaching at Ohio State? Some heart condition!

But after he’s busted on top of busted, and embarrassed again he’s retiring for health reasons? Then he’s going to come back in two years? 

Please get me out of your head, I have no desire to be there.

I don't "have it in" for you.  I'm just pointing out patently false things that you are proclaiming on here that can be demonstrated as such, as I do to other posters and other posters do to me as well.  You're welcome to an opinion, but when there's data and facts to expose those opinions as flawed, expect a push back.  If you can't handle that, I suggest you quit this whole message board thing.

Also, you would probably be taken more seriously if you didn't put an exclamation point behind nearly every sentence.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Why not Auburn? Don't forget, Urban has coached in the SEC before. Urban had great years at Florida by winning 2 national championships while at UF..

He only thought UF and The Buckeyes stress gave him headaches, Auburns likely to kill him.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Colin Cowherd is not the be believed under any circumstances. Some highlights off the top of my head:

- And lastly, a favorite of mine. His freezing cold take about how Gus Malzahn will send Nick Saban into early retirement and how Auburn and Gus will be the new kings of college football with our unstoppable offense.

Do not listen to anything he says. In fact, take his opinions and put money on the opposite. Thank me later.

Yep, heard him say that live on XM radio.  He is an idiot and is good at his job of saying whatever is required to get listeners.

And MUCK URBAN FRYER!  Piece of human garbage.  Heart issue my butt!  It was a butt hurt issue.

Image result for tebow eyeblack crying 32 - 13

2 hours ago, The Freak said:

SEC bias is ridiculous 

Florida is top 10 and lost by 30 to Missouri and has no good wins except LSU. UGA fell ahead of OSU with a 20 point loss and another L on the record. I can’t even name 8 decent SEC teams so I can’t argue the rest off the top of my head 

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

^This^ plus if those big 10 teams were playing in the SEC West, they would be .500 at best.

Maybe Auburn doesn't belong in the SECW. since they can't even beat thge likes of Wisconsin or UCF in bowl games. There's a Good chance I'll be adding Purdue to that list shortly.

I guess we all have other things to worry about as our head coach has just lost a quarterback transfer to Missouri.  How does this happen?

31 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Maybe Auburn doesn't belong in the SECW. since they can't even beat thge likes of Wisconsin or UCF in bowl games. There's a Good chance I'll be adding Purdue to that list shortly.

Again, the NFL scouts, coaches etc. that have no bias, disagree with you.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't "have it in" for you.  I'm just pointing out patently false things that you are proclaiming on here that can be demonstrated as such, as I do to other posters and other posters do to me as well.  You're welcome to an opinion, but when there's data and facts to expose those opinions as flawed, expect a push back.  If you can't handle that, I suggest you quit this whole message board thing.

Also, you would probably be taken more seriously if you didn't put an exclamation point behind nearly every sentence.

What you post is more flawed and non-factual than most people on this board. Like our School Pres was trying to get Gus to voluntarily leave? Yeah, that was gonna happen.

Also, since “you” don’t take me seriously, get me out of your head and just stop commenting on my posts! Josh Moon has some more new articles up that I’m sure you will want to study then present them here as gospel facts. 

Again, “ignore” is your friend.

Archived