men vs. UNC Asheville game thread

WarTiger

Just now, jared52 said:

Way, way easier said than done. 

I agree.  It’s a long season and these are young men.  A lot of teams get tripped up by teams they should dominate.  

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first basketball forum post!  Just quoted..."Coach Pearl's practices are very intense and built upon repetition of the fundamentals."  

What would it take to clone that across the athletic department?  

War Eagle...w(hoop) w(hoop)!

*My brother, an AU alum who has lived/worked in Japan since 1994 and is home for Christmas, is there with my son, an AU sophomore who wants to live and work there upon graduation.  Let's get a victory for them and for all of us!

17 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I definitely agree that Dunbar should be starting but I can also say the same thing about Wiley. Maybe they're still trying to get him in game shape but over the last couple of weeks I feel like he has played way better than any of the other bigs.

Only 5 can start. I would not like to have to pick those five. But I like Dunbar too. I know he’s a guard but so strong I see him as a forward or a linebacker. 

5 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I like that the offensive struggles haven’t affected the defensive end at all. 

A 1-6 team helps the defense 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Only 5 can start. I would not like to have to pick those five. But I like Dunbar too. I know he’s a guard but so strong I see him as a forward or a linebacker. 

Yeah, no coach here but from what I've seen the last several weeks I would have the starting 5 be: Harper, Brown, Dunbar, Okeke, and Wiley.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Why you gotta jinx things?

Wasn’t gonna last. Just pointing out the fact. Going 3/4 of the game and not giving up a FT is good stuff. 

Archived