6-6 next year

twilli13

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only real mystery next season will be how many moving vans are sent to Gus' house

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean if that is the trajectory then Gus will be fired before seasons end tbh 

wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Gus just missed on his QB for next season.  GUS DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DEVELOP HIGH SCHOOL QB's.  Willis, Gatewood, and Nix are  off the table.  Obviously he doesn't know how to develop Cord either.  2-4 then he  gets fired.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You know, I called my shot previously saying he'll be fired after the aTm game when they're 2-2.

However, it occurred to me that the buyout, I assume, is still in effect so they'll probably have to wait until next December something or 'nother for it to go down....right?

We're probably stuck with Gus for the duration of '19.

😣

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Depends on if it affects his buyout or not. If it lessens the buyout to wait until the last subpar campaign ends, then they will. 

Just now, AUsince72 said:

You know, I called my shot previously saying he'll be fired after the aTm game when they're 2-2.

However, it occurred to me that the buyout, I assume, is still in effect so they'll probably have to wait until next December something or 'nother for it to go down....right?

We're probably stuck with Gus for the duration of '19.

😣

Jinx

Oregon was much like Auburn this year.  When you stop their run you stop their offense.  Their stud Qb didn’t thrive in Cristobals offense and they are still rebuilding.  No reason this game shouldn’t be a toss up.

Florida.  If Franks is still their Qb then there is no reason Auburn can’t win this game.  How they beat LSU and Miss State baffles me.

Texas A&M will be a tough out.

LSU - we get them late in October when they tend to start faltering.  With Orgeron who knows.  Also may be looking ahead to Bama.

UGA and Bama will be UGA and Bama but at Jordan Hare.  

I’ll take 6 wins and add Florida and Oregon with a split of LSU/TaMu and hopefully split UGA/Bama.  9-10 wins

I picked Cord in another thread but I’m rooting for Willis as well.  If he can start throwing a better ball then he could be a good one.  Flame away

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Oregon was much like Auburn this year.  When you stop their run you stop their offense.  Their stud Qb didn’t thrive in Cristobals offense and they are still rebuilding.  No reason this game shouldn’t be a toss up.

Florida.  If Franks is still their Qb then there is no reason Auburn can’t win this game.  How they beat LSU and Miss State baffles me.

Texas A&M will be a tough out.

LSU - we get them late in October when they tend to start faltering.  With Orgeron who knows.  Also may be looking ahead to Bama.

UGA and Bama will be UGA and Bama but at Jordan Hare.  

I’ll take 6 wins and add Florida and Oregon with a split of LSU/TaMu and hopefully split UGA/Bama.  9-10 wins

I picked Cord in another thread but I’m rooting for Willis as well.  If he can start throwing a better ball then he could be a good one.  Flame away

Is there going to be some magical fairy that deposits a serviceable offensive line next season?  No disrespect intended, but the team this year possibly would have finished 11-1, possibly 12-0 with a serviceable and deeper O-line.  I just don’t see it happening unless Gus finds some Juco linemen who will immediately play at SEC level.  

On 12/4/2018 at 7:53 PM, twilli13 said:

I'm calling it now....6-6 next year. 

I really hope so because every time we have 0 or little expectations (04,10,13)we thrive. When we’re expected to be awesome (03,07,08,14,18)  we bomb & wonder why...it’s almost at the point in my lifetime where it’s expected like that (23). So, I’m calling it. SHIP!!! 

I’m kidding but not really 

Calling Bill Clark!📞

2 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Calling Bill Clark!📞

You have reached the voice mail of Bill Clark. Listen to the following options:

If UAB AD, press 1.

If Bill Clark's agent,  press 2

If Auburn,  hang up.

Does anyone think that Gus is taking a team to Baton Rouge and winning?  What a joke.  Does anyone think that Gus is beating bammer and the dawgs next year?  Long season with zero HOPE during the off season.  Bryant and Freeze would have given us a glimmer of hope.  Zero now.  I can't think Leath and Harbert could have handled this worse if they tried.  Leath needs to be tied to Gus. When Gus is fired, Leath goes with him.  The good news is we will have lots of free Saturdays next fall.

I'm thinking we fall in the 6-9 win threshold. If things all bounce our way (big time bounce our way), 9 wins. If they bounce the other, 6 wins. 7 wins sounds about right to me, because I think we beat both Mississippi schools at home. 

We will win one of the following: Oregon, A&M, UF. Probably Oregon. 

Archived