6-6 next year

twilli13

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i suspect that we will be the 3rd best program in the state next year, depending on troy.....it could actually be 4th if troy continues as they are

What?  No mention of Jacksonville State?

I am getting older, and I can tell you one thing about life, you cannot predict it very often. NOT ONE SINGLE HUMAN ON GOD’S GREEN EARTH PICKED AUBURN TO GO TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2013.   Not after the 2012 dumpster fire. 

Think about this—-an offensive line that has valuable experience and showed late season marked improvement, returning defensive backs got experience and the freshmen did too.  While less heralded than this years seniors and juniors, the freshmen receivers show great promise and better hands. Boobie and Shaun got experience and look good.  Losing great LBs but have talent returning there and DL.  

Yes, we need a QB and it remains to be seen who will get the nod—-nothing to suggest there is a star QB on our roster, but maybe there is.   It MIGHT be better than anyone thinks. Say what you want to about Gus, but when he is good he is really, really good. 

1 hour ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I am getting older, and I can tell you one thing about life, you cannot predict it very often. NOT ONE SINGLE HUMAN ON GOD’S GREEN EARTH PICKED AUBURN TO GO TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2013.   Not after the 2012 dumpster fire. 

Think about this—-an offensive line that has valuable experience and showed late season marked improvement, returning defensive backs got experience and the freshmen did too.  While less heralded than this years seniors and juniors, the freshmen receivers show great promise and better hands. Boobie and Shaun got experience and look good.  Losing great LBs but have talent returning there and DL.  

Yes, we need a QB and it remains to be seen who will get the nod—-nothing to suggest there is a star QB on our roster, but maybe there is.   It MIGHT be better than anyone thinks. Say what you want to about Gus, but when he is good he is really, really good. 

That is true.  Never underestimate the positive possibilities of a coaching change.

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Agreed. 5-7 or 6-6.

However if Gus as his own playcaller squeaks out 8-9 wins, does Auburn keep him?

I would hope that depends on what those 8-9 wins look like. Do we struggle early but look like we at least have an offensive identity, get better as the season goes on, and then close strong with respectable performances in Amen Corner and a bowl win? That I could live with. 

Another team that regularly looks completely lost and unprepared, doesn't improve as the season goes on, and gets dragged by our 2 main rivals again? See ya later, non-delegator.  

You people obviously have not been Auburn people very long.  

Don't you realize that anytime the expectations for this team are dismal, we always have a 9-10+ win season?  

2000, 2004, 2010, 2013, 2017...I mean come on.  There is a pattern here.  

So flame away with your 6-6 predictions.  It makes me cautiously optimistic of a big season.

Unfortunately, as much fun as it would be, a big season means the Gus Bus rolls on through 2020.  

It's your typical "rock/hard place scenario" if you are on the #FireGus bandwagon.  

I have a weird feeling Auburn is gonna have a pretty good season. 8 wins or better. I think the offensive line plan, and running game will be much improved. I just don't know what our answer at qb will be, but quite frankly i don't think we are replacing a qb that was anything more than average.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I would hope that depends on what those 8-9 wins look like. Do we struggle early but look like we at least have an offensive identity, get better as the season goes on, and then close strong with respectable performances in Amen Corner and a bowl win? That I could live with. 

Another team that regularly looks completely lost and unprepared, doesn't improve as the season goes on, and gets dragged by our 2 main rivals again? See ya later, non-delegator.  

tenor.gif

On 12/6/2018 at 4:38 PM, bg5 said:

Can we start a new forum and call it the Negativity Forum. Everyone that just wants to talk about how bad things are and how bad things will be can go to that forum and vent away. Y'all need to get some new material. I would like to think that we will get a great OC and some O'line transfers (or the light bulb comes on for the ones we have) and we can be better than that.  I'm pro Auburn not pro Gus some of you need to get on that bus!!! Are any of you saying anything new or something that hasn't been said a 1000 times. Y'all need some more water in your glass it's about empty.

Brother, they don't even have a glass.

17 minutes ago, gman87 said:

Brother, they don't even have a glass.

Who needs a glass?  We drink our bourbon straight from the bottle!!!

Love your avatar BTW.  Don't know what the heck it comes from but I chuckle every time I see it.

On 12/6/2018 at 4:38 PM, bg5 said:

Can we start a new forum and call it the Negativity Forum. Everyone that just wants to talk about how bad things are and how bad things will be can go to that forum and vent away. Y'all need to get some new material. I would like to think that we will get a great OC and some O'line transfers (or the light bulb comes on for the ones we have) and we can be better than that.  I'm pro Auburn not pro Gus some of you need to get on that bus!!! Are any of you saying anything new or something that hasn't been said a 1000 times. Y'all need some more water in your glass it's about empty.

Lol if we had a negativity forum there would be 3 people and a few tumbleweeds in the "other" forum. New material comes with new results -- which likely will come with new leadership.

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Agreed. 5-7 or 6-6.

However if Gus as his own playcaller squeaks out 8-9 wins, does Auburn keep him?

i say keep him if he wins 9 and maybe 8 depending on the circumstances....7 or less....it ain't gonna' do anything but get worse

On 12/12/2018 at 11:16 AM, McLoofus said:

Let's be honest...how would we measure that?

And is there anywhere we can find how much his buyout is now...if this whole "buyout reduction" thing actually occurred? (Very skeptical it did--it literally makes no sense...if we were either planning on firing him or doing nothing if he didn't accept it, well, it literally would've made no difference! Strikes me as Moon trying to drum up attention.)

We don’t field a team next year and we sell the university. We then go back to the API , but turn it into a heating and AC school with a minor is culinary arts 

17 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

We don’t field a team next year and we sell the university. We then go back to the API , but turn it into a heating and AC school with a minor is culinary arts 

What an optimist you are...😄  nobody would want to buy the East Alabama Male College. 

Archived