6-6 next year

twilli13

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

You know, I called my shot previously saying he'll be fired after the aTm game when they're 2-2.

However, it occurred to me that the buyout, I assume, is still in effect so they'll probably have to wait until next December something or 'nother for it to go down....right?

We're probably stuck with Gus for the duration of '19.

😣

On the bright side, remember that the IB next year falls on the latest possible date.

Meaning, we'll only have to wait two days for the buyout to drop. He'll be fired that Monday.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, AU82 said:

I agree.  5 to 7 losses would not shock me.   Oregon, Florida, Georgia, Bama, LSU, Miss State, A&M

I don't think we lose to Moo $tate FWIW

15 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

6 win sound too generous look for 4-8/5-7 at best losses to Oregon. Florida. Georgia. bama. LSU. A&M. and atleast one of the Mississippi schools! 

Again, I don't think we lose to Moo $tate or Ole $iss

15 hours ago, DAG said:

I mean if that is the trajectory then Gus will be fired before seasons end tbh 

Yup, when was our last midseason firings?

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

You know, I called my shot previously saying he'll be fired after the aTm game when they're 2-2.

However, it occurred to me that the buyout, I assume, is still in effect so they'll probably have to wait until next December something or 'nother for it to go down....right?

We're probably stuck with Gus for the duration of '19.

😣

Yup. As I asked above, it doesn't seem like we have a prior history of in-season hirings. He'll likely be fired the day after the contract date in December.

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Oregon was much like Auburn this year.  When you stop their run you stop their offense.  Their stud Qb didn’t thrive in Cristobals offense and they are still rebuilding.  No reason this game shouldn’t be a toss up.

Florida.  If Franks is still their Qb then there is no reason Auburn can’t win this game.  How they beat LSU and Miss State baffles me.

Texas A&M will be a tough out.

LSU - we get them late in October when they tend to start faltering.  With Orgeron who knows.  Also may be looking ahead to Bama.

UGA and Bama will be UGA and Bama but at Jordan Hare.  

I’ll take 6 wins and add Florida and Oregon with a split of LSU/TaMu and hopefully split UGA/Bama.  9-10 wins

I picked Cord in another thread but I’m rooting for Willis as well.  If he can start throwing a better ball then he could be a good one.  Flame away

I'll have what he's having! Though, to be fair, I think you're not too far off. Don't think most of our losses will be blowouts.

4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Calling Bill Clark!📞

Please God, yes.

----

I've said it in a few other threads but I'm sure we'll keep seeing the same threads for a while from now until next season.

Oregon - L Tulane - W Kent State - W @Texas A&M L Moo $tate - W @Florida L @Arkansas W @LSU L Ole Miss W Georgia L Samford W Alabama L

6-6 here we come!

16 hours ago, twilli13 said:

I'm calling it now....6-6 next year. 

If we are lucky. 

Aug. 31: vs. Oregon (in Dallas)L
Sept. 7: vs. Tulane W
Sept. 14: vs. Kent State W
Sept. 21: at Texas A&M L
Sept. 28: vs. Mississippi State L
Oct. 5: at Florida L 
Oct. 19: at Arkansas W?
Oct. 26: at LSU L
Nov. 2: vs. Ole Miss W?
Nov. 16: vs. Georgia L
Nov. 23: vs. Samford W
Nov. 30: vs. Alabama L

So between 3-9 and 5-7 seems highly likely.

14 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

If we are lucky. 

Agreed. 6-6 was the ceiling for me with no KB. No o line, no descent qb (unless Nix somehow pans out immediately), front 7 on d now decimated, 1 back who could probably even make a roster at Uga and Bama, and highly inconsistent secondary.  

18 hours ago, AU82 said:

I agree.  5 to 7 losses would not shock me.   Oregon, Florida, Georgia, Bama, LSU, Miss State, A&M

I think we will beat Oregon & Miss State. MSU has no established QB like us for 2019. Oregon is going to be a fun game to watch, but I think we can win that one.  The others I am in agreement with on loses. Who knows though, we could go on the crapper and come out 5-7 or 4-8 as far as that goes. I even think another 7 win season will send Gus off in the sunset. 8 or more wins could start making things interesting. This indeed a dilemma in that I want the players to win every game they play. However, the flip side of this is having old Gus chewing his way on the sideline running between the guards 90% of the time for 2020

2 hours ago, wde1968 said:

If we are lucky. 

I think Oregon & MSU are winnable pushing us to another 7-5 season and a minor bowl. This will get Gus gone likely. 8 or more wins could be at the very high end of wins. We could go on the crapper and finish with only 4 or 5 wins.

So. Do y'all think he should be given the chance for the long haul to be allowed to hire some good assistants?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/how-auburn-boosters-are-reportedly-undermining-gus-malzahns-attempts-to-hire-top-assistants/?fbclid=IwAR2am6BsR7Xvw_sr0K-OoIgrmdsQxcM8lldjFxO6oA7qflmZiX5gcsJ5Ras

Make no mistake, we should've done the deed Sunday, but the money was likely the factor.

FIRE.

LEATH.

NOW!

44 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So. Do y'all think he should be given the chance for the long haul to be allowed to hire some good assistants?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/how-auburn-boosters-are-reportedly-undermining-gus-malzahns-attempts-to-hire-top-assistants/?fbclid=IwAR2am6BsR7Xvw_sr0K-OoIgrmdsQxcM8lldjFxO6oA7qflmZiX5gcsJ5Ras

Make no mistake, we should've done the deed Sunday, but the money was likely the factor.

FIRE.

LEATH.

NOW!

For me, everything they have done and continue to do to interfere with Gus now does more damage to the program in the long term. This fiasco has done more damage to the Auburn Athletic Program than anything Gus could have done in 2019 with his coaching.

Lol, our money boys are doing everything they can cause they were to chicken to fire him and are scared to death he might win in 2019.

55 minutes ago, AUwent said:

FIRE.

LEATH.

NOW!

And it's Josh Moon reporting, so you know it's all 100% true...   :rolleyes:  

A lot can happen in 9 months, or 12 for that matter, but at this point I would say 6-6 is being generous.  

Right now, with our expected personnel losses, significant holes and question marks, and lack of answers, I would expect us to be underdogs to uga, UF, bama, LSU, TA&M, MSSt., and Oregon.  Expected wins against Arky, OM, and the 3 other OOC games puts us at 5-7.  

I hope a lot changes in the next 9 months!!!

Everybody on the *&#$#(#$^* board should know we are going to win a NC next year. The writing is on the wall. GM gets an extension and then we can reopen this thread when we are preseason #5.

JABA

This is an utterly disgusting thread.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

This is an utterly disgusting thread.

What do you mean? It's the truth. I'm hoping we get the opportunity to start afresh in 2020 with a decent replacement, but thanks to our administration's idiocy that might be in question.

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

What do you mean? It's the truth. I'm hoping we get the opportunity to start afresh in 2020 with a decent replacement, but thanks to our administration's idiocy that might be in question.

No, it's not the truth. It's a PROJECTION. There is a difference. For one, we've never finished at .500 under Malzahn, no matter what negative indicators you see. For another, we still haven't gotten through bowl season of THIS year yet, much less seen how the team might come together for next year. As far as the administration goes, they're idiotic to cut Gus's legs out from under him in hiring a reputable OC, but they're limiting him to providing a one year contract specifically to have it be more cut and dried when they bring in a new head coach, provided Malzahn doesn't do any better in 2019.

However, it is utterly disgusting that you and other Auburn people are so doom and gloom about the program that you're already predicting 6-6 for next year. It's pathetic.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:46 AM, TAYLORKEETON said:

every time we have 0 or little expectations (04,10,13)

We were preseason ranked in the top 25 both 04 and 10. I had us winning the SEC both seasons as we were stacked with seniors galore and talent at all the key positions. 

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

We were preseason ranked in the top 25 both 04 and 10. I had us winning the SEC both seasons as we were stacked with seniors galore and talent at all the key positions. 

What I meant was like we never had those type of expectations in 04/10. Nobody saw or really predicted those type of seasons due to the previous season, but  I think Steele/Finebaum had us as sleepers in 2010 

Of course there will be those who scream about our negativity so go ahead and scream but its realism. Why on earth would anyone predict next year’s team with a new QB who will be inexperienced at best and brand new at worst, a still unproven O line, a defense that will lose some leadership and talent and already struggled this year, a kicker who is not reliable from longer than 49.9 yards, a new OC who won’t be named Freeze and won’t get to run HIS offense because well you know and a ridiculously tough SEC slate as usual...I mean heck we lost to freaking TENNESSEE this year which I would never have imagined before the season. I saw no way in heck we would lose more than 4 at absolute worst this year and bam here we are at 5 with potentially 6 after the bowl. Call it pessism if you wish but someone explain how next year’s team with all those questions and Waffle House boy still at HC is going to win more than 6? We have people saying Oregon should be a toss up or we shouldn’t lose to Moo State...WE LOST TO TENNEFREAKINSEE this year and next year’s team will not be better! Next year is Gus’s wheels come off season just like Chiz had in 12, just like Tubs in 08 and just like Bowden in 98...and then they will do what should have been done two friggin weeks ago and fire him and all the Gus lovers can whine and moan about what an unfair shake he got after SEVEN YEARS.  Can’t wait to see Bo Nix in year 2 with an ACTUAL coach hopefully instead of whatever it is Gus does.  

Can we start a new forum and call it the Negativity Forum. Everyone that just wants to talk about how bad things are and how bad things will be can go to that forum and vent away. Y'all need to get some new material. I would like to think that we will get a great OC and some O'line transfers (or the light bulb comes on for the ones we have) and we can be better than that.  I'm pro Auburn not pro Gus some of you need to get on that bus!!! Are any of you saying anything new or something that hasn't been said a 1000 times. Y'all need some more water in your glass it's about empty.

1 minute ago, bg5 said:

Can we start a new forum and call it the Negativity Forum. Everyone that just wants to talk about how bad things are and how bad things will be can go to that forum and vent away. Y'all need to get some new material. I would like to think that we will get a great OC and some O'line transfers (or the light bulb comes on for the ones we have) and we can be better than that.  I'm pro Auburn not pro Gus some of you need to get on that bus!!! Are any of you saying anything new or something that hasn't been said a 1000 times. Y'all need some more water in your glass it's about empty.

Uh huh. 

On 12/5/2018 at 1:36 AM, AUFriction said:

We don’t even know who our offensive coordinator is yet. Way too early for this discussion.

But we know who our OL will be and we only have two OL commitments....you do the math.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, ChltteTiger said:

The only real mystery next season will be how many moving vans are sent to Gus' house

So that's 6 vans and 6 trailers?

7 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

What I meant was like we never had those type of expectations in 04/10. Nobody saw or really predicted those type of seasons due to the previous season, but  I think Steele/Finebaum had us as sleepers in 2010 

Again, we simply had too much upper classmen talent both seasons to repeat the previous 8-win seasons.

Herbstreit, who has always loved Saban, predicted preseason that we would win the SEC in 2010.

Archived