6-6 next year

twilli13

Malzahn's 6 year record as Auburn's head coach. 2013: 12-2, 7-1. 2,014: 8-5, 4-4. 2015: 7-6, 2-6. 2016: 8-5, 5-3. 2017: 10-4, 7-1. 2018: 8-5, 3-5. Gus has coached Auburn to 3 8-5 records and a 7-6 record in 6 years on the Plains.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Malzahn's 6 year record as Auburn's head coach. 2013: 12-2, 7-1. 2,014: 8-5, 4-4. 2015: 7-6, 2-6. 2016: 8-5, 5-3. 2017: 10-4, 7-1. 2018: 8-5, 3-5. Gus has coached Auburn to 3 8-5 records and a 7-6 record in 6 years on the Plains.

Thanks for the reminder...again. This should be added at the beginning of every thread anyone starts going forward. a4e feels very strongly that this should be stated daily and that would be a great way to do that. Otherwise we might forget that Gus has been performing right along with Auburn's all time record in average wins and losses. :-\ Frustrating at times, yes. New to us, not by a long shot. 

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

To be fair, he has also coached in a championship game, won an SEC championship and played for another.   

44 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

After the bowl game, still feeling this way?

The bowl game gave me hope that next year could be better. Still expecting a rough year though with new Qb and still offensive line to figure out. Throw in a lot of d talent leaving makes it hard to not see that unit take a step back. Though I think we have recruited well enough on defense to handle those losses without falling apart. I think 8 wins will be considered a successful season. I also think that’s just about the threshold for Gus getting another year

On 12/30/2018 at 2:42 PM, AUGoo said:

After the bowl game, still feeling this way?

The bowl game tells me that when it comes to 6-6 Big Ten teams, we got this.

4 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

The bowl game tells me that when it comes to 6-6 Big Ten teams, we got this.

Awesome!!

:lol:

The key is if Tega returns next year. If he returns and the O-Line stays healthy they showed potential to be a solid SEC O-line as the year progressed. If Tega returns I expect him to be better next year, Center will be better not great but better, Harrell and Horton healthy will be better and Driscoll was solid last year but not great. DJ will be a solid contributor at RB and the current RB's will be better with a years experience as will the WR's who have a lot of talent.  QB is a question mark but it won't take much to play as well as Stidham did for most of the year. 

I think 4-8 is possible as is 9-3.  I think the stars would have to lineup to be better than 9-3 as I believe SEC will be better next year. A&M will be better in Jimbo's second year, LSU will be better,  Fla will be better next year, Miss State has a lot of questions, and I think Ga comes back down to earth. 

The problem is the schedule.

I think we will beat Oregon but if not this could be an ugly season 

We will beat Tulane

We will beat Kent State

A&M toss up we seem to always play well in College Station for some inexplicable reason. 

Miss State - Tight game I think we will win

FLA - Don't know they are getting better playing there if we get by A&M and Miss State we win if we lose 1 of A&M and Miss State  a tossup if we lose both we lose this game

Ark - We win

LSU - They win I haven't seen us win there in a long time. Would love to see up break the jinx here but this is not a good venue for us.

Ole Miss we win

Ga -  gut feeling we win not based on reality.  I don't know why but I think Ga is about to have a bad year.

Samford - we win 

bama - bama should win but playing at home and I will really need to see how we play in 1st 6 games next year to say if we have a chance to win. 

We could be 7-0 going into LSU or 2-5 and Gus on his way out. The first 5 games will define Auburn  beat Oregon, A&M and Miss State and we will have a very good year, lose 2 or 3 of those three and the wheels will come off the Gus Bus for good.

There are so many question marks O-Line, New QB, all new starting LB's that until we see 1st 4 games next year it is all conjecture.

Gus had four top 10  recruiting classes.  Purdue had ZERO top 25 recruiting classes.  Why are people  acting like Gus finally figured thing out.  He just had a far more talented  team.     Oh,but,  but, but, Toomerstreet Purdue beat Ohio State. YES.  Last year Troy beat LSU. For  those of you  new to college football, upsets happen, it's nothing new.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:46 PM, auburn4ever said:

That kind of showing would get you canned at most Div. 1 schools from a power five conference let alone a 7 year contract extension with an absurd buy out.

21 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Gus had four top 10  recruiting classes.  Purdue had ZERO top 25 recruiting classes.  Why are people  acting like Gus finally figured thing out.  He just had a far more talented  team.     Oh,but,  but, but, Toomerstreet Purdue beat Ohio State. YES.  Last year Troy beat LSU. For  those of you  knew to college football, upsets happen, it's nothing new.

It's the same broken record every year. Another underwhelming season, wins one big game,  and he gets it. I'm pretty sure 75% of the forum said the same thing after Auburn crushed Memphis.

Just now, murpjf88 said:

That kind of showing would get you canned at most Div. 1 schools from a power five conference let alone a 7 year contract extension with an absurd buy out.

It's a sickness.  

Looking forward to all the reasons we need to keep Gus after we go 7-5 next season.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:58 PM, aubaseball said:

To be fair, he has also coached in a championship game, won an SEC championship and played for another.   

AND beat Nick Saban more than any current SEC HC and is right up there with Dabo with handing Bammer TWO loses. 😁

8 hours ago, AURealist said:

It's a sickness.  

Looking forward to all the reasons we need to keep Gus after we go 7-5 next season.

BECAUSE HE SAY'S WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

8 hours ago, keesler said:

AND beat Nick Saban more than any current SEC HC and is right up there with Dabo with handing Bammer TWO loses. 😁

He also wears  an Auburn visor.

9 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Gus had four top 10  recruiting classes.  Purdue had ZERO top 25 recruiting classes.  Why are people  acting like Gus finally figured thing out.  He just had a far more talented  team.     Oh,but,  but, but, Toomerstreet Purdue beat Ohio State. YES.  Last year Troy beat LSU. For  those of you  new to college football, upsets happen, it's nothing new.

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person?  :laugh:  Sorry, not bashing you, just thought that was funny and I needed a laugh to wake up today so thank you.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person?  :laugh:  Sorry, not bashing you, just thought that was funny and I needed a laugh to wake up today so thank you.

You are welcome.

49 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Yep.  For Clemson.

Nope. For Auburn. Our oline play will be the difference in 2019. Not here to argue but our oline play killed our season this year. Oline and dline is critical in our scheme. Been preaching this for years...

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Nope. For Auburn. Our oline play will be the difference in 2019. Not here to argue but our oline play killed our season this year. Oline and dline is critical in our scheme. Been preaching this for years...

:-\    We don't have a QB, yet.

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

Yep.  For Clemson.

I rhink we do. J. Gatewood

Just now, tbone4jc said:

I rhink we do. J. Gatewood

So do I.  Just not seeing the 10 wins.  I think we drop a game or two during his learning period.  

1st three games. I think we beat Oregon. I dont think they are very good. If our oline was anywhere near good we beat LSU, Tenn Miss St and Ga, IMO of course

Archived