What would you do if Bo Nix decommitted right now

Dual-Threat Rigby

In an effort to curb some of this warranted negativity into a humorous scenario, this situation just flashed in my head. I don't think we're done on the transfer market, but it'd be really interesting to see Gus forced to choose between Malik, Cord and Joey..

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In an effort to curb some of this warranted negativity into a humorous scenario, this situation just flashed in my head. I don't think we're done on the transfer market, but it'd be really interesting to see Gus forced to choose between Malik, Cord and Joey..

I just can't even entertain this thought ... Sorry bro

Nothing different. I hold no hope for next year anyway. Auburn games will be an excuse to drink. Always faithful nonetheless.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

For $49 million, you'd think this would be the norm. But, no...Gus hasn't YET developed a QB that he recruited and signed into a multi-year starter. The Offensive "Guru" can't teach a QB? GMAB!

Now, instead of preparing his team to help improve his torrid bowl record, he's gallivanting all over the countryside looking for next year's "quick fix." The desperation visit to KB only to get shunned should tell us all we need to know about how desperate he is and how little regard there is even among transfers of his developmental prowess. 

I'm embarrassed for him if he's not.

I’m trying to figure out how many different ways this board can come up with a negative thread. That’s all there is anymore.  Yeah, he may decommit but then hey, there’s another thread that can be started to say how miserable things are. Yeah I think it all sucks but saying it over and over and over doesn’t make me feel any better. 

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I’m trying to figure out how many different ways this board can come up with a negative thread. That’s all there is anymore.  Yeah, he may decommit but then hey, there’s another thread that can be started to say how miserable things are. Yeah I think it all sucks but saying it over and over and over doesn’t make me feel any better. 

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but, praytell, what about Auburn football is positive at the moment? Please share...

I would say that's probably smart on his part. Our fan base suffers from little brother syndrome and every time you throw a incomplete pass or get sacked someone is going to criticize you. God forbid you throw an interception that cost us a game. If you don't win 10 games or more a year you will be a failure. The one good thing you would have going for you is that as long as Gus is the coach everything will be blamed on him so at least next year you will have a bye.  

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

For $49 million, you'd think this would be the norm. But, no...Gus hasn't YET developed a QB that he recruited and signed into a multi-year starter. The Offensive "Guru" can't teach a QB? GMAB!

Now, instead of preparing his team to help improve his torrid bowl record, he's gallivanting all over the countryside looking for next year's "quick fix." The desperation visit to KB only to get shunned should tell us all we need to know about how desperate he is and how little regard there is even among transfers of his developmental prowess. 

I'm embarrassed for him if he's not.

Interesting choice of words (torrid). I used the word in a comic strip I drew as a kid. Don't think I have ever heard or seen it since then..until this post. Interesting is all.

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

What is there to be positive about? Its gonna take a major announcement for anyone but the most naïve sunshine pumpers to get a positive vibe over the 2019 team and season. I don't know what that announcement could be honestly.

I’d be okay. I’d probably vent a little. Maybe cry in my sleep while holding a bottle. Possibly pour ashes over my head in mourning. I’d  eventually begin tbe process of spiritual healing though. 

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

My question, again, why would Patrick allow him to put his future in Gus’s hands?  I think we find out soon enough. 

This - Auburn blood only runs so deep.  When you've got a son with Bo's potential that needs next level coaching, training, development and he also needs an entire team (oline/wr/rbs/defense) to help him be successful, you have to seriously weigh your options with the current AU crew is what you're left with.  Pat is so much more connected to the AU program than any other parent of a prospect - he see's things for what they really are and he may be perfectly fine with the way CGM runs his team, manages his roster, and develops his high school QBs....IDK?

33 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but, praytell, what about Auburn football is positive at the moment? Please share...

We have a bowl game coming up soon and win, lose or whatever I always enjoy watching my team play.

We have the opportunity for a new QB and a new QB coach.

We have a more favorable schedule next season.

Our freshmen have a year of experience and should benefit from off season training.

Any way.....that's a start.....Happy Holidays

I don’t expect it but I believe Cord or Malik could do the job of getting us 5 wins. Maybe 6.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We have a bowl game coming up soon and win, lose or whatever I always enjoy watching my team play.

We have the opportunity for a new QB and a new QB coach.

We have a more favorable schedule next season.

Our freshmen have a year of experience and should benefit from off season training.

I appreciate that you are an optimist.  I really do.

But follow up each bullet point with #ButGus and it sucks the positive right out of it.

With that said, life is more than football so Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year!

41 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Interesting choice of words (torrid). I used the word in a comic strip I drew as a kid. Don't think I have ever heard or seen it since then..until this post. Interesting is all.

BRITISH VERSION
full of difficulty or tribulation.
"Wall Street is in for a torrid time in the next few weeks"

or.....Bo Nix just might love Auburn and would come here no matter who the coach may be. Recruits know there are no guarantees the coach they sign with will be there for 4 years anyway.  But to answer the OP's question, I don't think any of us would be happy about it but you have to move on. 

37 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

What would I do if Bo decommitted? 

The same thing I would do if he didn't. One player won't make or break a program. A coach can though...

This.  If I had my choice of Bo or a really good OC/QB coach I would take the coach.  Glad to have Bo because the coach ain't coming.

51 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We have the opportunity for a new QB and a new QB coach. (Gus isn't leaving as far as has been reported.)

We have a more favorable schedule next season. (Are you using psychoactive substances?)

Our freshmen have a year of experience and should benefit from off season training. (Are we getting a new S&C coach? If not, what evidence have you seen over the last 7 years that they will improve?)

I'll agree with the Happy Holidays to you and yours though.:)

Archived