What would you do if Bo Nix decommitted right now

Dual-Threat Rigby

What would I do? Wake up, go to work, come home, work out, eat, watch TV, complain to my wife about Gus, go to sleep. 

Whether he decommits or not does not play a factor in my day. The world will keep spinning, another QB will show up. 

Also, what has anyone seen out of any QB we've had under Gus that isn't a transfer that would make them think things would be any different? 

Believe it or not, some players actually want to make a program better, not just ride the gravy train. If I knew how to post tweets I'd reference the one Bo made telling Auburn that help was coming...

There's really no need to keep adding fuel to this Negabarner burner...

Pat is savvy enough when it comes to the AU program to know that it is very unlikely that the QB killer Gus will be here 12 months from now. Take a RS year (or start possibly) and then see who the next guy is. Whoever it is likely will be a more accomplished QB developer by default.

What do you mean, what would I do? What is there to do? You just wake up go to work and do your normal day to day stuff. I hope this game isn't affecting people's day to day life to where they can't operate normally because their team isn't performing up to standard :no:

I seriously doubt Bo will decommit. I think him coming in December as an early enrollee will give him enough training to play some in, or maybe start in 2019.  I really think that Gatewood will have a nice spring and  could get some serious looks. I think the OC is going to be either Freeze or Bobby Bentley.  I have read from some reliable sources that Bentley could very well emerge as the OC/QB coach.

I like Bentley and think he would be an excellent QB coach and could give our QBs better skills than what we have seen of JS. While Chip may or may not have called the plays this season, the coaching of the QB position was mediocre at absolute best. We saw so little of any QB other than JS this past season and really honestly do not know what the other OBs are truly capable of or not.

FWIW, I tweeted to Gus my recommendations for this offense. If we win 10 plus games next year, you’re welcome.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I appreciate that you are an optimist.  I really do.

But follow up each bullet point with #ButGus and it sucks the positive right out of it.

With that said, life is more than football so Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year!

You are going through a rough spell right...so maybe shift a bit of that optimism toward football...it's not all about Gus...👍

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Pat is savvy enough when it comes to the AU program to know that it is very unlikely that the QB killer Gus will be here 12 months from now. Take a RS year (or start possibly) and then see who the next guy is. Whoever it is likely will be a more accomplished QB developer by default.

Exactly. He knows that the admin/bots have messed things up so bad in the open now that noone will take the job when they fire Gus next year. Having his kid come here almost insures that he will be the first one called for the HC position openly. Others will be called of course, but just rumored and the word no thank you. Cause that is what we do, we are incapable of letting others run their program which turns coaches away, then we have to go back to the AU connection well.

He will get a 4 year contact, get to coach his son, and when fired walk away with a few million to finish life on. Pat is sitting there with the HC in waiting title already.

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

You are going through a rough spell right...so maybe shift a bit of that optimism toward football...it's not all about Gus...👍

Yes, it's tough times at the moment.  I was hopeful that AU football would be a positive respite but it was not to be.  Unfortunately, Auburn football is all about Gus right now.  But, it is what it is, we'll just have to see how '19 plays out.

However, I AM looking forward to the Army-Navy game...I'm hoping for snow.  LOVE snow games and those special Big Red One uni's Army is breaking out for the game are AWESOME!!

Also, it's actually going to be in the 40's tonight (high in mid-60's today) so we actually have a "Christmas" type day today in SW Fla, HAHA!!  Life is good 😁

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

FWIW, I tweeted to Gus my recommendations for this offense. If we win 10 plus games next year, you’re welcome.

Now it won't happen...why you ask...well just like Gus you told the opposing defense exactly what is coming at them....

If Bo decommits, and we did not get a transfer QB, I think Gatewood will not transfer. However, I also think the QB battle would come down to Willis and Sandberg.

My gut says Sandberg would win the starting job, but we would do involve Willis more.

The bigger issue is it seems the PTB are going to prevent CGM from hiring any high-quality QB coach/OC, so we will not develop the talent we have sufficiently.

Despite the fact Malzahn is totally capable of failing on his own accord, the PTB are actively setting CGM up to ensure failure. There is a weird, Machiavellian play going on right now. I think they are pissed CGM called their bluff.

I do wonder if Patrick Nix called up Leath and Harbert and told him he will only send his son to a program that has a quality QB coach in 2019, regardless of coaching changes for 2020 and later, he will send his son elsewhere. Then there is the reality we will have serious issues with the O-Line starting in 2020. That would be a better reason for a QB to decommit than a potential HC change.

If you believe Gus is here for 2019, and want him gone for 2020, you cannot want 2019 to be a write-off, and you surely cannot want it to be a year of significant regression.

14 hours ago, subterranean_jack said:

Fully expect a decommit before Christmas.

Early signing period begins the 19th. I think his paperwork comes in first thing in the morning. 

Archived