Malik Willis

tigerbrotha12

Well with Stidham going to the Senior Bowl, that makes me think he will not play in the last AU game.....JMO, but would be good for him to get with his personal coach and spend the next few weeks working on some things that would aid him for the scouts and the draft.  

Which I'm thinking to mean that MW will be the man when we come up against Purdue.:dunno:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well with Stidham going to the Senior Bowl, that makes me think he will not play in the last AU game.....JMO, but would be good for him to get with his personal coach and spend the next few weeks working on some things that would aid him for the scouts and the draft.  

Which I'm thinking to mean that MW will be the man when we come up against Purdue.:dunno:

Might as well.  If he tanks Cord should have a decent grasp of the offense by now.  Make it a tryout for Qb.

20 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Why is everyone homosexual, since they edited another word,  for gatewood? He wasn't even able to be the full time starter in high school. At best is a project QB whO you hope can transition to TE/WR when he fails at QB. 

The better question is why would you double down on using terms that are obviously not acceptable to this site?

22 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I saw someone say Cord had that it factor and I’m not sure how you could know that after 2-3 series against ASU?

The exact quote was that he "looks" like he has the it factor. You said you "could see" Malik being this or that. We're all offering opinions based on very little information. 

Ahh, good ol' QB debates. Glad we've got something only slightly less torturous than Gus debates to keep us busy this offseason. 

I think Stidham is playing in the bowl game, but part of me wishes he wouldn’t so we would have to play a game with one of the other qbs. They could get all of the reps and have to run the whole offense!

Yeah it would be nice to see other QBs get some real game reps but we will be pretty pissed as a whole when we realize Stidham is actually our best QB

You don't throw a hail mary on a 30 year old QB, or take an in-home visit at the last minute with a grad transfer QB if you're feeling good about how Malik Willis is coming along IMO

3 hours ago, CCslim said:

I don’t want to see cord or a stidham type QB running this offense again

all teams do now is stack the box, pin their ears back and force us to pass.

I hated when people say Gus needs a running qb...but there is truth to it.

on the subject of Malik he can run the read option and hasn’t had the chance to pass so can’t evaluate him on passing if he doesn’t do it.

We really haven't seen enough of Cord to know what he can do. But in the small look we did get he did not look afraid  to run the ball like Stidham.

Just now, kd4au said:

We really haven't seen enough of Cord to know what he can do. But in the small look we did get he did not look afraid  to run the ball like Stidham.

IMO Cord looked like he had enough running ability laterally and getting up to top speed to make our offense go. It was just in one moment but he looked worlds more comfortable running than Stidham...I'm not sure how JS was classified as a DT QB coming out of HS but seeing how Cord moved is what I thought Stidham would run like based on the hype before we saw him play at AU.

23 hours ago, WDEDothan1976 said:

He reminds me of Nick Marshall, but I wonder if Gus is just holding him back so he doesn't expose what talent he really has.................

Can he run.........yes

Can he throw....yes

Can he read a defense................???????????? don't know

Can he be a leader on offense.............????????????? don't know yet, we will just have to wait and see

Sigh. Willis is nowhere near being in the same category as Marshall. Zero place. 

Marshall would come to the sideline and tell Gus that this play would work. Gus would tell him to run it the next series. People just don't understand how good Marshall really was. Was one of the best leader I've ever seen at AU. Everyone listened to him.  

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sigh. Willis is nowhere near being in the same category as Marshall. Zero place. 

Marshall would come to the sideline and tell Gus that this play would work. Gus would tell him to run it the next series. People just don't understand how good Marshall really was. Was one of the best leader I've ever seen at AU. Everyone listened to him.  

I keep trying to tell folks that it doesn't really matter how much Willis might look like Marshall athletically, even though he (probably) doesn't have half the arm that Nick does. I say probably because no QB in Auburn history has had an arm like Nick's. 

If Ellis Johnson wasn't napping during games I swear Nick Marshall might have a statue right next to Cam's

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If Ellis Johnson wasn't napping during games I swear Nick Marshall might have a statue right next to Cam's

*This is me not offering my theories about Ellis Johnson and the Auburn PTB in 2014*

44 points scored on bama. And we lost. Top 10 MEAT? (Most Ever Auburn Thing, because MEAT is more fun than MATE, and it seems very Auburn to screw up something so simple)

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

*This is me not offering my theories about Ellis Johnson and the Auburn PTB in 2014*

44 points scored on bama. And we lost. Top 10 MEAT? (Most Ever Auburn Thing, because MEAT is more fun than MATE, and it seems very Auburn to screw up something so simple)

Definitely top 10 MEAT.

"ALL WE NEED IS AN AVERAGE DEFENSE AND WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

28 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nick Marshall for OC? I see Gus listens to him...somebody make the call

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ahhh, to be young and naive. 

Also very MEATish: As soon as the defense starts to take the baby steps to becoming respectable our O goes fully into the tank. 

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I thought I had temporarily forgotten about that game. Definitely MEAT...

714339FF-0621-41AC-85AB-210F50BDB87B.gif

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I thought I had temporarily forgotten about that game. Definitely MEAT...

714339FF-0621-41AC-85AB-210F50BDB87B.gif

We're not gonna protest! Gutter is a tool!

One of the greatest movies of all time that people really don't talk about enough. 

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ahhh, to be young and naive. 

Then Gus says...well I have a defense now, so I can slow down the O, take less chances, and play big boy SEC football.

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Then Gus says...well I have a defense now, so I can slow down the O, take less chances, and play big boy SEC football.

tenor.gif

That's right! I, uh, did it on purpose...

Image result for yeah that's the ticket gif

IMHO Willis & Marshall's ability to make top tier defenders miss on the run is similar but that's where the similarity ends. The 2013 magic about Nick (until DC's apparently scrutinized film after that season) was his play action. I mean he combined slight of hand, head fake, cool as a cucumber stop/gaze and he FROZE excellent defenders game after game.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Didn't NM signal to the sideline to run the play again against Bama when he hit Coates on the RPO down the left sideline?

I don't think AU fans realized what they had in NM when he was here. I remember when people were demanding to put Jeremy Johnson out there..

54 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Nick Marshall for OC? I see Gus listens to him...somebody make the call

The kid demanded respect so to say. Best way I can say this. Some people are just born like this. Nick was someone like that. 

7 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

IMHO Willis & Marshall's ability to make top tier defenders miss on the run is similar but that's where the similarity ends. The 2013 magic about Nick (until DC's apparently scrutinized film after that season) was his play action. I mean he combined slight of hand, head fake, cool as a cucumber stop/gaze and he FROZE excellent defenders game after game.

I actually don't think Willis can wiggle his way out of a "wrong" read nearly as well as NM. Whether the read was predetermined by Gus or by Nick himself, I don't think there are many on the planet as gifted as NM is at getting away from someone's grasp in a small amount of space.

Nick was a special talent, I haven't seen anything from Willis that screams "special" yet.

Archived