Malik Willis

tigerbrotha12

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:
3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

listening to the drive yesterday, according to them,and i am not sure who said it, someone, i think jason caldwell had talked with an unnamed offensive player who said that sandberg was the guy if they wanted to run the read option and RPO....said his decision making was almost flawless....but, we still have the same bonehead running the show so he will probably never see the field.....

I heard this as well, however I can’t remember where or who from nor do I have a link. 

Haven't seen enough of Cord, obviously, but the little taste we got early in the year he DID run with authority and made positive plays/yards.

He was originally recruited by Mullens at MSU (& even this time at UF IIRC) and thus it makes me think he might be comparable to Prescott or Fitzgerald... maybe...?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Haven't seen enough of Cord, obviously, but the little taste we got early in the year he DID run with authority and made positive plays/yards.

He was originally recruited by Mullens at MSU (& even this time at UF IIRC) and thus it makes me think he might be comparable to Prescott or Fitzgerald... maybe...?

Having a new OC may actually help Cord's stock.  CKD should get a pretty good look at CS, MW and JG during bowl prep and hopefully he is a pretty good judge of talent and potential.  I'm still not sure we know who will get the most QB playing time in the Music City game though.

2 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

Having a new OC may actually help Cord's stock.  CKD should get a pretty good look at CS, MW and JG during bowl prep and hopefully he is a pretty good judge of talent and potential.  I'm still not sure we know who will get the most QB playing time in the Music City game though.

I wouldn't mind it.

If (big IF) used properly I'd say either Cord or Joey could run the "Cam version" of the Gus Offense.  No....I did not compare them to Cam (he IS Superman after all) but I see their styles as comparable (like Prescott & Fitzgerald).

But as for the MCB game, IMO we'll get 90+% Stidham.  I think this will be a 4 qtr fight and..... that's just what I suspect.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I wouldn't mind it.

If (big IF) used properly I'd say either Cord or Joey could run the "Cam version" of the Gus Offense.  No....I did not compare them to Cam (he IS Superman after all) but I see their styles as comparable (like Prescott & Fitzgerald).

But as for the MCB game, IMO we'll get 90+% Stidham.  I think this will be a 4 qtr fight and..... that's just what I suspect.

A few weeks ago I would have agreed but now with Chip gone, JS announcing and Gus actively running the offense I think a lot depends on who does what in pregame practices .   .. I am less sure about how much we see of JS....especially if he has early difficulties.:dunno:

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

A few weeks ago I would have agreed but now with Chip gone, JS announcing and Gus actively running the offense I think a lot depends on who does what in pregame practices .   .. I am less sure about how much we see of JS....especially if he has early difficulties.:dunno:

I wouldn't mind at all if you are correct.

I felt in more than one game Stids should see some bench time.... especially against UT.  I mean ANY of the other QB's could play THAT bad.  Would have been some valuable in-game experience as well as maybe help Stids focus better. ...or at least buckle down more.

Sorry, no disrespect meant to Stidham but I would LOVE to see one of the backups show out in bowl practice and earn some legit PT.  Even if it's just...

tenor.gif

On 12/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, Win4AU said:

Malik has to be project #1 for new OC.  Malik has the rushing ability to be dangerous.  His passing leaves a lot to be desired.  Whether it was the fake fg against Washington, fake fg against Bama, or the long duck he threw against liberty he needs some work.  I’m not sure if he panics or he can’t read a defense but he missed two wide open receivers that would have converted those fakes and he routinely has missed the read option.  I have to assume Malik will go into spring #1 and if Bo or Cord don’t break out it’ll be Malik’s come August.  

I do not think Malik is the answer for the 2019 season and it will fall on Bo, Joey, or Cord. I would love to see the new OC take Gatewood under his wings and see if he can blossom into the QB a lot of us on this site want for him.

9 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I saw enough of him from his High School days to know what folks are now saying about him are true.  He can run Gus' offense now and do it well.  He sees his reads pretty well.  I haven't seen Joey nor Bo to know how they operate but Cord is a darn good QB from my opinion.

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I do not think Malik is the answer for the 2019 season and it will fall on Bo, Joey, or Cord. I would love to see the new OC take Gatewood under his wings and see if he can blossom into the QB a lot of us on this site want for him.

Such a big dude

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I’m not sure he’s the answer either but until Gus says otherwise I’d assume Malik is #1 heading into spring.  Gatewood is a complete mystery to me.  I’m all for the best man winning.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I’m not sure he’s the answer either but until Gus says otherwise I’d assume Malik is #1 heading into spring.  Gatewood is a complete mystery to me.  I’m all for the best man winning.

Which one hands the ball off better... /Sarcasm 

2 hours ago, Bathel said:

Which one hands the ball off better... /Sarcasm 

That's assuming that MW will actually hand the ball off sometimes when he is back there.   Has a great tendency to keep the ball no matter what the opposing defense is doing.  Hoping for him to make appropriate decisions on the read-option or RPO or whatever he is supposed to be doing 

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Such a big dude

We all could wish. His athleticism alone could cause such huge mismatches . Do not want to pull a Richt and try to move him to TE.

14 hours ago, DAG said:

We all could wish. His athleticism alone could cause such huge mismatches . Do not want to pull a Richt and try to move him to TE.

True, he is a big lad but the mismatches are not so big by SEC standards.....even for QBs now.   And he can't make a living running over small DBs or DEs like in HS.  

I've gotten where I don't trust or put much faith in HS promo videos......too many guys like JG making yards and plays against younger/smaller/slower kids and we (and they) don't know what they can do until they play against equal or better athletes.   

YET....hoping JG can show some of that ability for AU...somewhere in the line-up. 

On 12/12/2018 at 11:49 AM, Zeek said:

Such a big dude

what is there not to like about this young man!  I hope KD (new OC) can work with him and get him on the field. If Gus wants is job bad enough, he should give Mr. Gatewood a shot at running the O.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:45 PM, Win4AU said:

Gatewood is a diamond in the rough just waiting to be polished up and really shine.

Archived