Poll: Where do you stand with Gus?

Swamp Eagle

Gus Poll  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand with Gus?

• I think Gus can turn it around with the correct player personnel, specifically a DTQB.
    • I think Gus can succeed if he is the OC and hires a QB coach.
    • I don't think Gus can succeed, period. Gus must go
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2018 at 06:00 PM

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Man oh man the wit!!!!! You must be like a rocket scientist or something. 

Ma!!!!!!!

The Meatloaf!!!!!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Ma!!!!!!!

The Meatloaf!!!!!!

I figure we gonna get a message from a mod soon so Im gonna call it a nite with you nice fellas. Jeff, you’re a fun dude. Kevon you’re a dude. @3rdgeneration you’re a sweet lady and I am sorry if I offended you. 

33 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Is this dude cool @GwillMac6?? I thought this AUJeff guy was but he apparently has a saban up his rear and has zero sense of humor. Even the old lady had a sense of humor but not Mr. Jeffrey11. So is fredst cool? 

Mr Fred is the mother forkin best fam!!!! He is not good people. HE IS GREAT PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Mr Fred is the mother forkin best fam!!!! He is not good people. HE IS GREAT PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!

Awesome.  I don’t get this place man. Lots of tension. I spoke my mind, probably got a little carried away but dang the fun police moved in like a single bammer at a family reunion! 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Mods must be on a smoke break

I KNEW you had great lyrical taste DAG!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!! Great reference! lol

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Awesome.  I don’t get this place man. Lots of tension. I spoke my mind, probably got a little carried away but dang the fun police moved in like a single bammer at a family reunion! 

It is a fun place most of the time. You will get the right feel and lay of the land soon enough and find your niche. We are just some Barners discussing some Awwwwwwwwbarn football! lol. The guy who wanted to fight people in parking lots has been banned. That was the only time it got too serious! haha.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is a fun place most of the time. You will get the right feel and lay of the land soon enough and find your niche. We are just some Barners discussing some Awwwwwwwwbarn football! lol. The guy who wanted to fight people in parking lots has been banned. That was the only time it got too serious! haha.

Dayyyummm fight people in the parking lots???? Lol...wow! You can get banned???? Awesome Im gonna strive for that! Lol

Hey so public apology here for @3rdgeneration. I crossed the line in a post earlier venting frustration at the current state of affairs of our beloved football program. This is not sarcasm. I am apologizing where everyone can see it. Sorry 3rd. I’m sure you are a sweet Auburn lady and I am not proud of talking down to you in my post. War Eagle ma’am. 

5 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Such a stupid loser mentality argument. Well, everyone else is average so we may as well be too. Let’s don’t strive to be better than the mean.  Ask Clemson if they still have that attitude after they were mainly the ACC us until Dabo ignited the rockets on that program. Miami was zilch before Schnellenburger, FSU was nothing before Bowden, Ohio State was average for years before Tressel and Meyer returned them to the top. Right now Saban is doing things no one can do but we are falling behind LSU who has Farmer Fran at coach(this is where I remind you he is 2-0 against our genius).  You think Jimbo won’t have A&M competing for titles soon? Heck I’d wager Morris gets Arky going at some point.  Meanwhile our fans are happy because Gus has managed to beat Saban twice...one of which took the greatest play in college football history and Saban making a bone headed decision to kick that FG. Our appearance in the SEC Title game that year was because of UGA’s inability to knock down a pass and then Gus blew the NC game. Last year yeah great he beat two number ones...then he crapped the bed in ATL twice to still somehow some way finish with 4 losses mainly because he couldn’t figure his damn offense before the Clemson game and then completely fell all over himself in Baton Rouge blowing a 20 point lead. Win one of those and maybe the loss to UGA in ATL doens’t keep you out of playoff. You’re giving him credit for competitive losses???? Is that where we are at Auburn now? We’re just happy we didn’t get blown out??? This year’s bama and uga teams say hi btw...Come on man. Enough is enough. 

Ok. Reading comprehension should have been taught in 3rd grade. You must have missed that one. Where in my post did I say I am satisfied with mediocrity?  Also, when is stating proven facts stupid when it is in direct response to a statement to prove a point?

It doesnt matter what you, I or anyone else thinks, CGM will be here in 2019.  And recruiting seems to doing just fine, # 11 in the nation so far this year. 

Looking forward to some Auburn Football in 2019! War Eagle

Just now, tbone4jc said:

Ok. Reading comprehension should have been taught in 3rd grade. You must have missed that one. Where in my post did I say I am satisfied with mediocrity?  Also, when is stating proven facts stupid when it is in direct response to a statement to prove a point?

It doesnt matter what you, I or anyone else thinks, CGM will be here in 2019.  And recruiting seems to doing just fine, # 11 in the nation so far this year. 

Looking forward to some Auburn Football in 2019! War Eagle

I agree tbone...who is that nixtosanders guy anyway? War Eagle sir. 

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I agree tbone...who is that nixtosanders guy anyway? War Eagle sir. 

LOL'ed at the bold part!!🤣WDE to you also!

58 minutes ago, fredst said:

A7A9826E-D86D-4733-8D03-69142B79C4EA.gif

lebro.gif

1 hour ago, fredst said:

A7A9826E-D86D-4733-8D03-69142B79C4EA.gif

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lebro.gif

source.gif

11 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

And this isn’t just on Gus but for the love of Shug there is NO REASON IN THE WORLD WHY AUBURN SHOULD HAVE GONE 30 YEARS WITHOUT BACK TO BACK 10 win SEASON!!! No reason. Yes, this board is obviously skewing negative but what do you expect with the dumpster fire at our great school right now?

Funny you should mention that name. I was thinking about this the other day and did a quick Google search on his record against the "evil empire".

For his career, 9 - 16 and against the "Bear" 5 - 13, and we renamed the stadium after him.

The precedent may have been set a long time ago and Leath may have found an appropriate place to land.

JABA.

1 hour ago, CodeRocket said:

Funny you should mention that name. I was thinking about this the other day and did a quick Google search on his record against the "evil empire".

For his career, 9 - 16 and against the "Bear" 5 - 13, and we renamed the stadium after him.

The precedent may have been set a long time ago and Leath may have found an appropriate place to land.

JABA.

Very true my friend. I will say though that Shug brought our program back and should get credit where its due in terms of building the foundation of modern Auburn football. He also should get credit for bringing Sullivan to AU.  Shug was a good man. Something that I’m not sure all people would say about Bear. Shug landed at Normandy, makes him aces in my book right there. But it is true he struggled against bama and bear. But here’s the thing. He set a mentality I think at Auburn of being the gritty underdog and I like that. I don’t mind Auburn being the underdog and being that team that fights and scraps past the morons in tuscaloser. What I don’t like is when we just lay down and accept less than what Auburn could be. The attitude of well this is what Auburn has always been so this is what we will be always is just mind boggling. Other programs have broken that glass ceiling. Clemson being the most recent and relevant example. Why not Auburn? Shug is the man, always will be. He set a standard not about just winning but how to be a gentleman in doing so.  I have no qualms with that. But Auburn can be better and should be better than average and with the right guy and the right PTB they could be exceptional. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Co-signed. 

Welcome to the team, @nixtosanders94. Hope you brought your hardhat.

Yeah I found out last night. Some sensitive folk on here. But its cool. A couple of them accepted my apology at going overboard so I’m getting the lay of the land now.  I think we all just want to be on here at some point again celebrating an SEC Title and excited about our first playoff appearance. We all want whats best just different ideas of how we get there. 

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yeah I found out last night. Some sensitive folk on here. But its cool. A couple of them accepted my apology at going overboard so I’m getting the lay of the land now.  I think we all just want to be on here at some point again celebrating an SEC Title and excited about our first playoff appearance. We all want whats best just different ideas of how we get there. 

Having fun around here is hard work and, make no mistake, some days we lose the battle. This season has tested everyone's mettle for sure. But we fight on, for we believe in work. Hard work.

Image result for when the germans bombed pearl harbor gif

1 hour ago, CodeRocket said:

JABA.

21 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Very true my friend. I will say though that Shug brought our program back and should get credit where its due in terms of building the foundation of modern Auburn football. He also should get credit for bringing Sullivan to AU.  Shug was a good man. Something that I’m not sure all people would say about Bear. Shug landed at Normandy, makes him aces in my book right there. But it is true he struggled against bama and bear. But here’s the thing. He set a mentality I think at Auburn of being the gritty underdog and I like that. I don’t mind Auburn being the underdog and being that team that fights and scraps past the morons in tuscaloser. What I don’t like is when we just lay down and accept less than what Auburn could be. The attitude of well this is what Auburn has always been so this is what we will be always is just mind boggling. Other programs have broken that glass ceiling. Clemson being the most recent and relevant example. Why not Auburn? Shug is the man, always will be. He set a standard not about just winning but how to be a gentleman in doing so.  I have no qualms with that. But Auburn can be better and should be better than average and with the right guy and the right PTB they could be exceptional.

I agree with all you have written here and I believe most pragmatic Auburn fans will also. Did not intend to disparage the legacy of Coach Jordan, but the record is what it is and probably explains why we are where we are.  Your point about Clemson is very relevant. If they can do it why not Auburn? Why not Auburn?

As a side note my Dad landed in Normandy on D-Day and he was a life long Auburn fan. My thanks to Coach Pat Dye for making Auburn football competitive again so my Dad could enjoy a few more "Iron Bowl" victories , "Bo Over The Top", before he passed away in 1984.

1 minute ago, CodeRocket said:

I agree with all you have written here and I believe most pragmatic Auburn fans will also. Did not intend to disparage the legacy of Coach Jordan, but the record is what it is and probably explains why we are where we are.  Your point about Clemson is very relevant. If they can do it why not Auburn? Why not Auburn?

As a side note my Dad landed in Normandy on D-Day and he was a life long Auburn fan. My thanks to Coach Pat Dye for making Auburn football competitive again so my Dad could enjoy a few more "Iron Bowl" victories , "Bo Over The Top", before he passed away in 1984.

Much respect to your dad and thanks to him and your family for his service.  Anyone who went through that hell is badass in my book. Thank God for that generation.  Coach Dye was my childhood hero man. Loved him. My son’s middle name is Patrick for a reason. 

Archived