Poll: Where do you stand with Gus?

Swamp Eagle

Gus Poll  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand with Gus?

• I think Gus can turn it around with the correct player personnel, specifically a DTQB.
    • I think Gus can succeed if he is the OC and hires a QB coach.
    • I don't think Gus can succeed, period. Gus must go
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2018 at 06:00 PM

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I added a word here or there that I missed on my phone, but if you couldn’t read through my points which were only marginally unclear, agreeing to disagree is a marvelous idea. 👍

And I really don’t think that comment was worth a headslap emoji.  I mean, to be truthful I only scanned your response kinda like I only half listen to the wife after 19 years.  I’m sure you made good points dear. But the headslap was just over the line. I think we need to add a double headslap emoji to respond to the headslap emoji and that way when someone abuses the headslap emoji someone else can respond with a headslap emoji to their headslap emoji. You know what I mean? 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Yes Dear.

Go write another novel on a message board, doll. It will make you feel better, mmk?

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Whatever. Go to your room.

Sorry can’t. I’m too busy out here smoking doobies and ruining the earth with my negative attitude. But I will clean my room when I get home. Promise. 

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I mean, to be truthful I only scanned your response kinda like I only half listen to the wife after 19 years

Your repeated negative responses about how you tolerate your wife are shining a light on your apparent marital problems.

Thoughts and prayers...to your wife.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Your repeated negative responses about how you tolerate your wife are shining a light on your apparent marital problems.

Ummm dude I have no marital problems at all. And what is negative? Typical husband and wife tom foolery.  Can anyone on this board understand sarcasm, humour or does everyone have a stick up there saban?  Geez a Louisa folks. I know times are rough but lighten the saban up around here. 

troy.gif

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Ummm dude I have no marital problems at all. And what is negative? Typical husband and wife tom foolery.  Can anyone on this board understand sarcasm, humour or does everyone have a stick up there saban?  Geez a Louisa folks. I know times are rough but lighten the saban up around here. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

👊 Fist bump bro. Just for you man. Lets call it even and let by gones be by gones. Did I spell gone correctly? That looks wrong. Anywho lets agree to disagree and say I’m right. Cool. cool. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

giphy.gif

Really, you used the most common “ok” gif as a comeback???? Come on man I expected better effort from a guy named Jeff. A lot of the smartest dudes I know are named Jeff...There is Jeff uhhhhh Daniels! Jeff......uhhh Burger!!! Jeff....uhhmmmmm Jeff hmmmmm oh yeah AUJEFF!!! 

Gwill my man you seem like you actually have a sense of humor. Could you give some of that to the buzz kill patrol on here? They are in need. 

I got you fam. I am officially promoting you to brodie status!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! lol

gus.png

👊 Fist bump bro. Just for you man. Lets call it even and let by gones be by gones. Did I spell gone correctly? That looks wrong. Anywho lets agree to disagree and say I’m right. Cool. cool. 

I only agree to disagree with people I like. I need more novels from you. 

5 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

How many teams are consistantly good out of 130 teams? Please enlighten me. Alabama has been, Clemson recently got there, Ohio State has had moments. Oklahoma? Plays in a league where defense is optional? Notre Dame?No. Texas? No. Michigan? No. USC? No. Who else? 

Has he had a loosing season? No. Have we been competitive in our loses? Other then a couple of games yes. 

If he doesn't turn things around in 2019 then he should be fired. But if he gets things going in the right direction, we will just heve to wait and see.... War Eagle

Hey man Im sorry. I was a little harsh in my response. You did say he should be fired next year if htings don’t turn around. I mean, you know after it hurts recruiting another year. And you know we fall further behind in the West and you know probably lose another 6 games but hey next year is good bro. We all good my man. 

@fredst This place needs some GIF'N to get the mood back to pleasantville!!!!! lol ( love that movie by the way!!! so underrated!!! RIP Paul Walker and Don Knotts)

boom.gif

champ.gif

muschamp.gif

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I only agree to disagree with people I like. I need more novels from you. 

So wait, you don’t like me because of what I say on a football message board??? Dang bro thats harsh. For all you know I could be an 85 year old invalid who just wants some attention. Or a 6 year old who is messing with you. I could be your pastor for all you know.  I mean, if you do the church thing. Like I could be your rabbi or your Imam or your Guru or whatever the church of satan has...what do they call their pastors?  Demons? Or like bad dudes? Look that up for me Jeff. You seem like a smart guy. Of course Im only making that assumption from your message board posts so it could be totally wrong. You could be an imbecile buy hey bro Im willing to give you the benefit of the doubt baby!! Unlike you who have already pre-judged my entire character off a message board where Im having a little fun with my Auburn bros and sistas. Heck I don’t even know what we was disagreeing about now Jeffrey. 

So wait, you don’t like me because of what I say on a football message board??? Dang bro thats harsh. For all you know I could be an 85 year old invalid who just wants some attention. Or a 6 year old who is messing with you. I could be your pastor for all you know.  I mean, if you do the church thing. Like I could be your rabbi or your Imam or your Guru or whatever the church of satan has...what do they call their pastors?  Demons? Or like bad dudes? Look that up for me Jeff. You seem like a smart guy. Of course Im only making that assumption from your message board posts so it could be totally wrong. You could be an imbecile buy hey bro Im willing to give you the benefit of the doubt baby!! Unlike you who have already pre-judged my entire character off a message board where Im having a little fun with my Auburn bros and sistas. Heck I don’t even know what we was disagreeing about now Jeffrey. 

This is not a novel. Nope 

12 hours ago, Eagleclaw said:

Malzahn should be gone, but I do not think that he will fall so low to a losing season. To be a success in the SEC we need a coach that can win at least 10 games a season. I have said it before and I will say it again, this is a 7-5 or 8-4 coach at best. He needs to be focusing on one aspect of coaching with someone else at the controls. He may be a great head coach in the future but it is not now. He is still relatively new to college football; starting in 2006 with Arkansas as an OC. You can still see hints of High school ball in the offense.  

You realize doing this in back to back seasons has happened a grand total of 1 time in our entire history of playing football. But sure. To be successful, you need to win 10 every year...

12 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Other

Gus has won a National Championship as a OC, was 1 min away from winning one as a HC, was in the running for the playoffs until the SEC  championship game last season and he is bringing in recruits like we have never had ( albeit developement is a question mark).

Most who don't like CGM have really never liked him. He has brought Auburn to heights that I've never seen in my lifetime. For those reasons stated above he deserves a chance to turn things around.

What respectable coach would want to come to Auburn if CGM was fired with a resume like he has? I'll answer,  absolutely no one credible. War Eagle

Gus did win a championship as an OC. BUT we don't have OC Gus as our head coach. Those are two entirely different people. 

Yeah he was 1 minute away from a championship, but Gus being #ButGus took his foot off the pedal and let FSU come back in a game they had no business coming back in... 

Yes Gus is bringing in the best recruiting classes we have ever had, but he isn't developing them or keeping them. Something like half the kids from one of our recent top 10 classes aren't even on the roster anymore. Gus has wasted away more talent than most coaches at Auburn have ever gotten. 

And what coach would want to come here? The kinds that want to get rich. And get even richer to go away. That's JABA. And while you are all up in Malzahns Johnson, you may want to realize that every single year under Gus save for year one, has had at least 4 losses. Even in our "championship run" last year we STILL finished with 4 losses. 

And I absolutely loved Gus. I loved him as an OC and loved him as a head coach. You will eventually get there. There will be THAT game for you... For me it was 2017 LSU. Just like the game vs FSU in 2013 he took his foot off the gas and gave up a 20 point lead to a team that had no business coming back.. 

10 hours ago, toddc said:

I know y’all don’t care what I think, but I’m all in with Gus and believe he’ll turn this around. His recruiting has been some of the best ever at Auburn. He wants to win more than anybody on this board, and he must love Auburn or he wouldn’t have stayed this year with all the bs he’s had to endure the last month. It seems he recruits well even though he’s on the hot seat, so recruits must see something in him and so do I. Come on Gus and prove them all wrong!!! War Eagle 

Like I said above, he has had the best recruiting classes. But when you can't progress or retain the talent, those stats only count for so much.. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

This is not a novel. Nope 

I got you bro. I got you...I can’t finish it tonight because you know me and the wife who are getting along just fine are gonna get along just fine later if ya know what I mean brother?? But in true Auburn football fashion I will start my Victorian era, dystopian, SciFi, love story, comedy, drama, historical fiction(thats fiction not AUFriction man) novel this way...It was Auburn, the winter of our discontent, it was the best of times on the hardwood, it was the worst of times on the gridiron and in the admin offices...but a hero was coming...a hero that could only be named...AUJeff11...Oh yeah. Optimus AUJeff is coming...ok I will finish it at a later date buy you get a free signed copy before it hits the shelves Jefferson. 

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I got you bro. I got you...I can’t finish it tonight because you know me and the wife who are getting along just fine are gonna get along just fine later if ya know what I mean brother?? But in true Auburn football fashion I will start my Victorian era, dystopian, SciFi, love story, comedy, drama, historical fiction(thats fiction not AUFriction man) novel this way...It was Auburn, the winter of our discontent, it was the best of times on the hardwood, it was the worst of times on the gridiron and in the admin offices...but a hero was coming...a hero that could only be named...AUJeff11...Oh yeah. Optimus AUJeff is coming...ok I will finish it at a later date buy you get a free signed copy before it hits the shelves Jefferson. 

Not long enough. Didn’t read.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Not long enough. Didn’t read.

Damn man that hurts. That hurts real bad. I’ll just have to go and leave this board now...☹️ 

Oh I get it. My bad I shoulda realized. You have to get someone to read it to you.  Sure you’re not a bammer? Bammers can’t read. Get it. Haha. Are we gonna do this all night cuz I got work in the morning. I’m not a bammer so I have to go to a real job. 

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@fredst This place needs some GIF'N to get the mood back to pleasantville!!!!! lol ( love that movie by the way!!! so underrated!!! RIP Paul Walker and Don Knotts)

boom.gif

champ.gif

muschamp.gif

B1C343A4-E3FF-4438-AB9B-1825705668F3.gif

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Damn man that hurts. That hurts real bad. I’ll just have to go and leave this board now...☹️ 

Oh I get it. My bad I shoulda realized. You have to get someone to read it to you.  Sure you’re not a bammer? Bammers can’t read. Get it. Haha. Are we gonna do this all night cuz I got work in the morning. I’m not a bammer so I have to go to a real job. 

giphy.gif

Archived