Reap what you sow

ToomersStreet

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

Howdy Skip, I was at AU CADC from 2001-2002. Ended up finishing in something else somewhere else. Did you have Bob Faust 2nd year? haha

Oh yeah,   lots of models torn up and turned sideways

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well JGT said we were trying to make him uncomfortable, so that he would leave. But if he’s here to stay one more year, they need stop with this bs. Do we not have a voice of reason at the top at all? 

Here's the problem.  Why on earth would you give Freeze a multi-year deal if the odds of Gus being gone are relatively high at the end of next year?  That's just another buyout that AU would be forced to pay.  Fiscally, the smart thing to do is not give out a three year contract right now.

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Oh yeah,   lots of models torn up and turned sideways

He was 1 gumchewin' summagun, wasn't he? Guy named Bruce Lindsey was the Arch. Head at the time. Not sure where he got off to; probably back up to Pittsburgh area where he was from.

9 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

why would freeze want a multi year contract.  his is one of the hotter names to be another head coach again.    

I'd go with he wants to wait on the right job and isn't sure how long it will take for a bigger program to forgive the past. So is thinking of staying here while waiting on the big fish. Plus if he comes in and they fire Gus next year and he is released, then he has couple years of salary tucked away while waiting on the job he wants. I will be surprised if he is the OC here his contract doesn't come with guaranteed money. Who would want to coach at Auburn without that?

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Here's the problem.  Why on earth would you give Freeze a multi-year deal if the odds of Gus being gone are relatively high at the end of next year?  That's just another buyout that AU would be forced to pay.  Fiscally, the smart thing to do is not give out a three year contract right now.

Yea, if this is true, then they are clearly saying "Gus, you're gone in at most 1 year." No more buyouts. If Harbert personally guaranteed the buyout then all this is is him being a greedy little worm. He isn't thinking about AU and what's best, but what is best for him and his wallet because he made a promise he regrets.

32 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

The money people and officials at Auburn University need to stop this passive-aggressive crap. Either fire Malzahn or give him the resources necessary to hire the people whom he thinks can make the program successful. At the end of the day they're going to be as responsible as Malzahn for the decline in the football program.

For me, they are way more dangerous to our program than Malzahn.

12 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I personally don't buy into this idea that boosters are trying to undercut Malzahn. It may be true that they are limiting contract lengths due to recent past mistakes and because they don't think it would be good financially for AU's future. But trying to spin it that they are doing it to undercut Malzahn? Not buying that......these boosters want to see AU do well. I bet if you asked each one of them how many games do you WANT AU to win next year, the answer would be "all of them." And that answer doesn't change with the coach. 

With all due respect,  don't underestimate what money does to some people. 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No if they really gonna hinder him in anyway...thet should pony up the 32 million and move on. It’s that simple. Put up or shut up. Besides what assistants is Auburn paying that are no longer on Gus’s staff?   None I can think of...If true this is embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So will this keep us from getting a decent coach?

Take a look at the last 7-10 days, even if you only look at Josh Moon, Jay Tate, BMarcello's tweets and publications - now look at Philip Marshall's most recent article released.  What "decent coach" would want to come to Auburn?  It is a completely dysfunctional operation from top to bottom with no end in sight.  The very men in the highest positions have delegitimized a contract in less than 12 months of it's execution.  They refuse to pay the man the guaranteed buyout and are doing everything in their power to make him so uncomfortable that they  hope he'll walk away on his own.  They have placed unreasonable limitations on his hiring/firing of his own staff that now we see this latest tweet released about negotiations with Hugh Freeze.

To answer your question, no decent coach would willingly come to Auburn.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

No if they really gonna hinder him in anyway...thet should pony up the 32 million and move on. It’s that simple. Put up or shut up. Besides what assistants is Auburn paying that are no longer on Gus’s staff?   None I can think of...If true this is embarrassing. 

I just keep getting more disgusted by this. We should honor our contract, and let him go. This crap is just ridiculous, if true.

4 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

For me, they are way more dangerous to our program than Malzahn.

BINGO!

Coaches come and go ~ Puppet Masters have been at the core of Auburn operations for decades and they never cut their strings.

If this is true, I’m glad he’s having to sweat a bit.  He’s had numerous chances to work/hire like his job depends on it......he hasn’t.

if they make him sweat over this but eventually grant a 2 year deal for hugh, good for them......running the place like a real business

Ok, so how much does Gus’ buyout go down to next year? If we give Freeze a multi year contract and it doesn’t work out, aren’t they out about the same amount of money or less than they would be if they just fired him now and had to pay the full buyout?? It makes no sense to me why they wouldn’t just go ahead and do what we have to do to get Freeze and see how it plays out.

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Why on earth would you give Freeze a multi-year deal if the odds of Gus being gone are relatively high at the end of next year? 

Didn’t we just extend Steele? Seems like LSU did something like this for Aranda when either O or Les Miles was on the hot seat.

Mainly, what gets me is it’s worded as if tbe  logistics be damned, the intent is to undercut Gus. Gus is a s*** coach but not a s*** person. He doesn’t deserve that if he’s going to be here. I was vocal about not paying the buyout, but I don’t want an untenable situation like this where Gus has to work within an environment where he has to endure irreconcilable bullying tactics from the top. Just fire him then. 

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Oh I agree about ponying up the money.  But if he's sticking around, I damn sure wouldn't want our administration putting out 3 year contracts to an assistant right now.  Too unstable.

4 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

If this is true, I’m glad he’s having to sweat a bit.  He’s had numerous chances to work/hire like his job depends on it......he hasn’t.

if they make him sweat over this but eventually grant a 2 year deal for hugh, good for them......running the place like a real business

If they were running the place like a real business then they would have just fired Gus, payed his contract, and moved forward. Instead they have spent the past weeks devaluing the product at all levels and continue to do so.

35 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Out of  curiosity what reporters do you find credible?

Well none of course......so you take what you get and believe at your own risk.   :dunno:      But trying to force him out by making his life miserable. ?  

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't see the problem. He won't be around 3 years anyway

Yeah, but who besides the coach of the local Pee Wee team would want to come here after all of this?

39 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We are still paying attention to Josh Moon why?

Someone's acting like a leaky sieve again this week.  Who would leak this latest contract freeze to 1 yr deals?

Tell Gus he can get him for a two year deal if he (Gus) will take another 2.5 mil off his own contract. 

Easy peasy. lol 

Just give him a 2 year deal. Then when Gus is fired scrap that contract and Give him a new one when he becomes our next Head Coach. Hiring Freeze gives us a leg up on a proven Sec Head Coach over everyone else when we are in the market for a new coach in a year. Freeze with Our WRs and Bo will set many records.

Archived