Kingsbury new USC OC

GwillMac6

This dude is hella overrated. He went 35-40 at Texas Tech and had 2 winning seasons in 6 years there. I do not get the love for this dude. Even as a coordinator. Tubs had as many winning seasons as he did in only 3 years. He had the presumptive NFL MVP favorite in Mahomes and still could not manage more than 7 wins. Hugh Freeze should of been in more demand than he was as a OC.

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This dude is hella overrated. He went 35-40 at Texas Tech and had 2 winning seasons in 6 years there. I do not get the love for this dude. Even as a coordinator. Tubs had as many winning seasons as he did in only 3 years. He had the presumptive NFL MVP favorite in Mahomes and still could not manage more than 7 wins. Hugh Freeze should of been in more demand than he was as a OC.

Think he is an OC trying to be a HC in a league where they could not compete for talent.  

Would have liked him as an OC...and a bit surprised he went to USCw where Helton is no more secure than Gus...maybe less. JMO but a good get for USCw though they might have issues adjusting to his offense....think they have been running pro-style since the I formation was invented. 

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Think he is an OC trying to be a HC in a league where they could not compete for talent.  

Would have liked him as an OC...and a bit surprised he went to USCw where Helton is no more secure than Gus...maybe less. JMO but a good get for USCw though they might have issues adjusting to his offense....think they have been running pro-style since the I formation was invented. 

I'm surprised too...

Kliff-Kingsbury-Texas-Tech-football-coach-shirtless-with-two-girls-in-bikinis_070840.jpg

• 1 month later...

52 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

1. I don’t get how Owners decide who should lead their teams. It use to be you had to at the very least be dominant in some manner before you could lead an NFL team.

2. This is why I laugh at people so hurt over the “free agency” of college football.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:57 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Guns up

I remember when I had the V. 

Now I have a dad bod. 😭

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I remember when I had the V. 

Now I have a dad bod. 😭

That is one way to look at it, but wasn’t what I was referring to.  I’m working hard just to keep a dad bod and not slipping into a grand dad bod.  I feel your pain.

• WarTiger changed the title to Kingsbury new USC OC
5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That is one way to look at it, but wasn’t what I was referring to.  I’m working hard just to keep a dad bod and not slipping into a grand dad bod.  I feel your pain.

True. I saw the guns up part. Not really sure what that meant.You know? 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

True. I saw the guns up part. Not really sure what that meant.You know? 

That was Texas Tech’s rally cry.  They would have a horse ride down the sidelines while the rider shot his guns.  Little known, I guess.

They also have the Bell ringer

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That was Texas Tech’s rally cry.  They would have a horse ride down the sidelines while the rider shot his guns.  Little known, I guess.

Makes sense to me. Thanks 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

1. I don’t get how Owners decide who should lead their teams. It use to be you had to at the very least be dominant in some manner before you could lead an NFL team.

2. This is why I laugh at people so hurt over the “free agency” of college football.

IDK why they are going after this college scrub. This makes no sense at all. But hiring a good head coach in the NFL is even harder than in college. It is a way bigger crap shoot. You are basically blindfolding yourself and playing darts and hoping for the best. Since you cannot hire any head coach from the other nfl teams like you can in college and you have to trade for the good head coaches it is basically like playing the lottery and hoping the no name assistant that your fanbase has never heard of works out. It really is a flawed system and makes it extremely difficult to find a good head coach. Though I guess it does work if these small market teams actually find a good head coach that it protects them so a big market team cannot just poach their head coach.

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Remember when TTU was kind of nationally relevant?

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

O

M

Fn. Hilarious.Ringing the hell out of that bell. 

22 hours ago, AUwent said:

Remember when TTU was kind of nationally relevant?

That was under Leach. Now Leach has helped Washington St. be nationally relevant.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, bigbird said:

Better version

On 1/8/2019 at 4:47 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Guess it wasn't such a gamble, I smell a backdoor deal.  KK did resign from USC so he could interview!

On 1/8/2019 at 4:47 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I truly don't understand the NFL....

Archived