Bama GT QB Jalen Hurts Picks OU

kwagoner

1 hour ago, DAG said:

He is an offensive mastermind just an overrated head coach. Big difference. 

Not a good cyclist either. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/11/2019 at 10:08 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Sorry, I’ll take the QB that’s had 3 National Championships appearances under his belt! But to each his own.

You’ll need his entire supporting offensive cast to transfer with him if you’re expecting similar results in 2019. If he’s dumb enough to go to Miami, other than a few more TD scrambles because he can’t find anyone open, you’ll never hear anything noteworthy from him again. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

You’ll need his entire supporting offensive cast to transfer with him if you’re expecting similar results in 2019. If he’s dumb enough to go to Miami, other than a few more TD scrambles because he can’t find anyone open, you’ll never hear anything noteworthy from him again. 

He's going to OU

Sauce

Hurts to Oklahoma a done deal!

Hurts to okay is a done deal @ellitor so you got your wish and can move his thread.

Ellitor got his wish and can move this thread to rivals!

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Hurts to okay is a done deal @ellitor so you got your wish and can move his thread.

I'll be glad to when you post a link confirmation.

Bleacher

I’ve decided to take my talents to the University of Oklahoma, where I will continue my development as both a quarterback and as a student. 

I’m very fortunate to have this opportunity, and I’m excited for the journey ahead.

• ellitor changed the title to Bama Grad Transfer QB Jalen Hurts Picks Oklahoma
Just now, AUDub said:

Linked above. Easy to miss. Her you go. 

@ellitor see audub posted the “sauce” lol 

• ellitor changed the title to Bama GT QB Jalen Hurts Picks OU (1/16/19 Update)
  • ellitor changed the title to Bama GT QB Jalen Hurts Picks OU
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Scotty said a long time ago that was his prediction FTR

Was a good call. 

He’ll do well in the B12

On 1/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Two words ....

Dan Enos.

Makes a load of difference. But beyond that, Jackson had serviceable targets and Petrino is a scheme-mastermind. 
Players vs Scheme is a no-brainer. The scheme will allow you to win against any players if done correctly. But you seem to be undervaluing the WRs for Louisville. All of them were pretty darn good in their own right.

Mostly Big-Bodied yet savvy route runners, Plus a Reggie Bonnafon in the backfield that could catch as well as gash in tandem with Jackson. And Jaylen Smith is a HIGH-LEVEL scoring target on his own. NFL ready as they come btw. Not to mention their backups were even contributing despite the drops. I don't think Jackson was throwing necessarily to scrubs off the street. 

image.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

You’re really comparing Dez Fitzpatrick, Seth Dawkins, Jaylen Smith and Traveon Samuel to:

Calvin Ridley

OJ Howard

Jeudy

Ruggs

D. Smith

and

Irv Smith ???

Two 1st Round picks and four more eventual Round 1-2 picks. Throw in Waddle who is more dangerous than any WR you mentioned.

That’s not even counting comparing bammer’s O-Lines to that sieve turnstile Jackson had that forced him from the pocket 2 seconds after nearly every snap.

And who did Jackson have lined up behind/beside him that could take the pressure off him? It certainly wasn’t Scarbrough or Damien Harris.

BTW - That scheme mastermind is on the unemployment line. Maybe he can get picked up down in Boca Raton so he and his new boss can hunt co-eds together. 

33 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

That’s not even counting comparing bammer’s O-Lines to that sieve turnstile Jackson had that forced him from the pocket 2 seconds after nearly every snap.

Our DL actually played an incredible game against them in 2015. Lived in the backfield. Jackson just literally couldn't be tackled. 

On 1/15/2019 at 1:02 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Look at the backup options the Ravens had. Don't be obtuse about this.

He still started EIGHT games in the NFL, beat out a QB that has started and won NFL playoff games, as a ROOKIE.

Hurts couldn’t beat out a Sophomore College QB.

Oklahoma and Riley apparently not able to develop their own QBs......living off of transfers..    JH should do well in that conference but JMO, he is not the dynamic QB that Murray was don't see racking up those kind of stats.    JMO but his W-L is gonna depend on ability of Oklahoma to develop a defense somewhere along the line. 

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oklahoma and Riley apparently not able to develop their own QBs......living off of transfers..    JH should do well in that conference but JMO, he is not the dynamic QB that Murray was don't see racking up those kind of stats.    JMO but his W-L is gonna depend on ability of Oklahoma to develop a defense somewhere along the line. 

Against their schedule next year?  11-1 at worst.  Defense optional in the Big 12 and their three non-conference games won't strike fear into anyone's heart (Houston, South Dakota, UCLA).

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Against their schedule next year?  11-1 at worst.  Defense optional in the Big 12 and their three non-conference games won't strike fear into anyone's heart (Houston, South Dakota, UCLA).

Could be...but conference is a bit tougher isn't it?    thought I heard that texas  quarterback shouting  "we're back"......but maybe just him :)

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could be...but conference is a bit tougher isn't it?    thought I heard that texas  quarterback shouting  "we're back"......but maybe just him :)

Texas is the only real threat and Herman has a propensity to lose games as a favorite.  Iowa State may actually be the 3rd best team in the Big 12 next year.  Baylor, Texas Tech, KSU, KU, TCU, and WVU will pose no challenge to Oklahoma.  Okie State is the wild card since Bedlam is in Stillwater next year.

55 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but his W-L is gonna depend on ability of Oklahoma to develop a defense somewhere along the line. 

Respectfully disagree for the most part....Eh, What Brad said.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Respectfully disagree for the most part....Eh, What Brad said.

Either I'm right or he's finally going to win that Heisman that has been eluding him. :)

Archived