Bama GT QB Jalen Hurts Picks OU

kwagoner

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

How how how how how did we not offer him

We don't normally offer Texas kids unless there's some indication of interest from their end. Since his dad is a coach, it's reasonable to think that Dad had a firm hand on who he responded to.

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not nearly to the level Enos developed Hurts as a back up. If Hurts can make a similar level of jump next year as he did this year he'd be better off getting trained by Enos as a back up than starting at most places. There aren't very many good QB developers in college football. We you find one it's a good idea to stick with him if you can.

Sorry but I didn't notice this development but at least he did not play in a meaningless bowl game and risk his NFL career with an injury. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Sorry but I didn't notice this development but at least he did not play in a meaningless bowl game and risk his NFL career with an injury. 

You didn't watch Bama before the bowl game then. His progress as a passer was crystal clear.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

You didn't watch Bama before the bowl game then. His progress as a passer was crystal clear.

I saw most game they played …and saw him passing but never saw him in a game where he played serious time when the team was depending on him to win a game or even make an important drive.   JMO but coaches gave him token time to keep him interested...total of about 70 passing attempts or something for the season.  But against Clemson when he could have helped win a game with his legs.....they had him on the bench...a guy who averaged more than 5 yards a carry for his career.      

And he's not gonna learn any more passing skills next season playing meaningless minutes...JMO.  

And looks like he has figured that out and will soon be on his way.  

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I saw most game they played …and saw him passing but never saw him in a game where he played serious time when the team was depending on him to win a game or even make an important drive.  

Sooo the SEC Championship game never happened or did Tua fake an injury & put on a Jalen mask & uniform & finish the game in disguise? If so, then very impressive by Tua.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And he's not gonna learn any more passing skills next season playing meaningless minutes...JMO.  

Not all of his minutes were meaningless. He had snaps in the 1st half in some games where teams were still using their starters & trying to win.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

will soon be on his way.

Maybe but not necessarily. He has been accepted into the Bama Grad Program & can still choose to stay.

I hope he leaves, they'll be a worse team if he goes elsewhere. It would be silly for him to come to AU, as much as we could use him. He'd burn a lot of bridges that wouldn't be burned if he moved back to Texas or thereabouts.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I hope he leaves, they'll be a worse team if he goes elsewhere. It would be silly for him to come to AU, as much as we could use him. He'd burn a lot of bridges that wouldn't be burned if he moved back to Texas or thereabouts.

Wait! What?!?!?! We agree completely on something?!?!?!

tumblr_mlz71pM6fE1rcy99do1_r1_500.gif

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is why Houston (especially with Holgersen there now) seems like it would be a good fit. Maybe he doesn’t want to return to TX though, who knows....

46 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

i saw an article that had odds listed and had Aubunr in the top behind  only TCU at 300-1 odds......Maybe this is more up to date?

We are in the group that has shown the most interest so far FWIW.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

did yall see where Tate Martell from Oh St is thinking of leaving? i put it on board but i guess it was deleted....any thoughts on him?

I tagged your name in a post I replied to so you would know it was put in the 2019 Recruiting Thread & had already been covered 6 hours ago...

I didn't think Hurts would consider Auburn because he's just the kind of classy kid who wouldn't want to burn his Alabama bridges and stir up that much trouble. But Alabama may have burned their bridges with him in the Clemson game.  It's unforgivable that they didn't' give him a real shot.  I doubt he will come here, but who knows?  I hope he gets a soft landing somewhere and does well.

Top 2 guaranteed destinations:

Miami

-With a new coach in Manny Diaz, and no defined offense plus a talent-rich area that may give rise to some top receiving targets could be very beneficial to Hurts as a way to show off all of his abilities with an offense centered on his skill-set. The only issue here is that said offensive talent has been underperforming the past year, as well as not much relief coming from this year's recruiting class. Could that change with grad-transfers? Possibly. Also, it's Miami Florida, best place a senior could spend their final season, especially as a GT with little coursework. Already down there with elite training facilities to work out in afterward, only a skip away from trainers galore to help combine prep. But it's still a crapshoot because of Miami's football issue.

Oklahoma

- As far as football goes, this program checks all of the boxes. Very electric program with back to back Heisman winning QBs. The offense would be the PERFECT place for him to thrive as well as improve as a passer and be a lot more pro-ready. They've got a few hiccups in replacing some spots at OL, but at least their center will return right? But man, they've got some high-fliers at the wings with 5-star receivers single-filing their way into the program. The destination might not be as key as Florida, but this is a luxurious spot with the embarrassment of riches they have on offense. If everything goes according to plan, this team will be right back in the meager 4-room excuse for "playoffs" that CFB has along with Alabama, Clemson, and (One token invitee to keep up the farce of a diverse competitive landscape).

image.pngimage.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Top 2 guaranteed destinations:

Miami
&
Oklahoma

FWIW neither team is considered to be in the group of teams pursuing Jalen the hardest.

39 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I didn't think Hurts would consider Auburn because he's just the kind of classy kid who wouldn't want to burn his Alabama bridges and stir up that much trouble. But Alabama may have burned their bridges with him in the Clemson game.  It's unforgivable that they didn't' give him a real shot.  I doubt he will come here, but who knows?  I hope he gets a soft landing somewhere and does well.

Coaches probably burned that bridge....not sure bama fans ever forgave him for not winning the AU game last year.....JMO but they never seemed to appreciate what he did for their team.  I sense an attitude of entitlement among bammers....and rarely see them express much appreciation for what their players have done. 

As for the championship game....unforgiveable?   nah...but certainly it was bad coaching....I'd go with that .   Had a guy with a repaired ankle... and who knew whether he was 100%with it ?...don't expect kids to tell the truth about an injury do you?    But Tua was not up to speed and it was just BAD coaching IMO, not to have  Hurts on those goal line situations.   Bama was outcoached all over the field in that game.  Got away with it in the Oklahoma game where the coach is still a rookie and not that astute ….but the experienced coaches at Clemson were just better in every area IMO.. 

Archived