Bama GT QB Jalen Hurts Picks OU

kwagoner

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he would fit Gus’s offense very well especially with his proven running skills.  My only hesitation is I still don’t think he makes very good decisions when throwing.  If Nix transitions well to the college game I could see Jalen getting replaced mid season.  

Against Clemson they didn’t really bring a rush and dropped into zone coverage and Jalen looked like 2017 Jalen.  It was only 3 plays but I’m not sure it would have been much better if they brought him in earlier

Malzahn calling plays for a transfer QB in his first season at Auburn? Hmm, that's worked before, right?

@Win4AU, I agree. I think he'd be worth taking, for sure, but I wouldn't start making any bold predictions if he came. He would bolster the depth chart and, like you said, maybe buy us some time while the young guys catch up. Maybe even be the best option for the entire season. But I don't view him the same way that we have viewed some other guys in the past. Better than JFIII, maybe not as good as Cam, lol. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Jumping the gun are we?

That is what we do on this forum.  :laugh:  December 2018 alone, AUFamily forum probably paid Josh Moon's full annual salary in the amount of clicks on his articles.  

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I hope he'll come just so we can see how much he regresses under Gus' tutelage 

BFC1FA3A-CA96-4286-B52A-6F77F424949C.gif

You mean under the QB killer?  What could go wrong?

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

He would be a legend in this state if he came to Auburn and won a championship. An absolute legend.

No, he would be vilified by uat fans (who vastly outnumber AU fans). He would be better off going somewhere uat fans would be OK with, like OU or some other school with a shot at the CFP.

11 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I’d bet he goes to Florida 

You could possibly be right. JMHO I do not think so...

1 hour ago, cctiger said:

Probably goes to Maryland with Locksley. 

This would be the most logical choice. However I have no idea how good the supporting cast would be or what they have at qb to complete with. 

On 1/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, BusinessSchoolBum said:

Sure. But Miss State hasn't won the SEC WEST since 1998 and the SEC since 1941. Auburn is not Mississippi State. 

MSU would would pay $180,000 to have as much success we've had. 😉

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Jumping the gun are we? His name was just put in the database. Give it a couple hours at least for some info to come out.

This thread is speculating on his destination, not sure how listing Oklahoma is jumping the gun?

8 hours ago, DAG said:

A true Hollywood script. I would love for JH to be our QB, we beat Bama, then beat UGA in the SEC championship game. Afterward, meet Clemson in the NC game and beat them. Oh my word, if that would happen Auburn could have 10 mediocre seasons after that and I wouldn't care.

Don't worry, we would Haha. 

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

It was only 3 plays but I’m not sure it would have been much better if they brought him in earlier

Agreed.  I think he proved himself in SEC Champ game to get a look as soon as Clemson scored early in 3rd quarter after Bama stalled again.  He probably felt Jarrett Lee type slighted and felt disrespected at that point.  Not to mention the Bama teammates have all but quit on the game at that point.  They have never been in that situation before. Jalen didn't have much help when he got in.  

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

@Win4AU, I agree. I think he'd be worth taking, for sure, but I wouldn't start making any bold predictions if he came. He would bolster the depth chart and, like you said, maybe buy us some time while the young guys catch up. Maybe even be the best option for the entire season. But I don't view him the same way that we have viewed some other guys in the past. Better than JFIII, maybe not as good as Cam, lol. 

Hes definitely no worse than Nick

not insulting Nick

2 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

This thread is speculating on his destination, not sure how listing Oklahoma is jumping the gun?

I took the post as asking for info on if Oklahoma was the likely Destiination not listing them as the likely Destiination.

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

LOL  thats a spectrum  Better than a non starter   not as good as Heisman winner

Archived