December 7-9 Visitors

ellitor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of notes. Haven't been able to post this til now but AU has made things interesting here again with Charles Moore.

LSU DB commit Maurice Hampton is a talented DB but an even more talented baseball player. He is close with Butch Thompson. AU Football & baseball will take their collective swing at him this weekend.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

No OTs on the list...

Probably not many high school OTs left in the class the staff feels would be SEC quality. I don't want OT names to be on a visit list just for the sake of having them listed if they can't play.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Probably not many high school OTs left in the class the staff feels would be SEC quality. I don't want OT names to be on a visit list just for the sake of having them listed if they can't play.

We have enough of those on the roster as is

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Has this been a down year for talented OL like it has been for DL a year ago?  I am disappointed to not see any OL either like maybe Putnam. 

Is there anyone not on this list that is either committed or we are in the running for that should worry us not being in Auburn this weekend?

1 hour ago, fredst said:

It’s only December 

To bad there are very few uncommitted OTs left in the class. Over 90% are committed & most to P5 schools.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Has this been a down year for talented OL like it has been for DL a year ago?

No clue. Just know there are very few left available & I have no clue if any of them are quality prospects except 1 & he's projected to Bama. I hope we are staying on Amari Kight because Bama is about to pick up their 3rd OT in the class & all 3 are in the top 8 of OTs in the nation.

I am disappointed to not see any OL either like maybe Putnam.

Took his AU OV in September. The above list are all OVs.

Is there anyone not on this list that is either committed or we are in the running for that should worry us not being in Auburn this weekend?

For the sole reason they aren't visiting AU? No.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

To bad there are very few uncommitted OTs left in the class. Over 90% are committed & most to P5 schools.

Sarcasm meter on the fritz again I see E, lol

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

Sarcasm meter on the fritz again I see E, lol

I know it was sarcasm but my post wasn't based on sarcasm interpretation. I decided to use the post to give info to all the readers.

Just our luck! Saturday is predicted to be the worst weather day imaginable. Drenching rain all day with the high temperature never getting above 50 degrees. :thumbsdown:

12 minutes ago, AU82 said:

Six offensive guys visiting and no Offensive Coordinator to talk to.

5 offensive overall. 3 of the 4 commits are solid regardless. Also the OV's don't start til tomorrow afternoon so there is time to hire an OC.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

5. 4 of which are solid regardless. Also the OV's don't start til tomorrow afternoon so there is time to hire an OC.

I hope that you are right on "solid regardless"  Nix is the only one I don't worry about.

4 minutes ago, AU82 said:

I hope that you are right on "solid regardless"  Nix is the only one I don't worry about.

My bad. 3 of 4 commits. 1 O recruit is uncommitted. Nix JJ, Fromm are solid.

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

MAR would be an amazing pickup at this point. 

Amen. Him or the 3* kid who's blowing up. Since I've just given up on OTs I'm just holding out hope for a good RB. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Just our luck! Saturday is predicted to be the worst weather day imaginable. Drenching rain all day with the high temperature never getting above 50 degrees. :thumbsdown:

Need 2019 to get here. Stars not aligned for us in 2018 for sure

I think Pickens would pick AU over LSU (who has no real returning QB either), especially if Bo Nix can get him alone for a few hours this weekend. Ha!!

Joking aside, I would kill for us to get another tall WR to line up opposite of Seth Williams!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I know it was sarcasm but my post wasn't based on sarcasm interpretation. I decided to use the post to give info to all the readers.

853B3ED8-EA0D-4D2F-BB20-BCBAB741E8A2.gif

Archived