December 7-9 Visitors

ellitor

18 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I think Pickens would pick AU over LSU (who has no real returning QB either), especially if Bo Nix can get him alone for a few hours this weekend. Ha!!

Joking aside, I would kill for us to get another tall WR to line up opposite of Seth Williams!

I’m pretty sure Joe Burrow has another year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m pretty sure Joe Burrow has another year.

I thought he was a grad transfer? I guess that doesn't necessarily mean only one year of eligibility, but I was assuming. :) 

33 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I thought he was a grad transfer? I guess that doesn't necessarily mean only one year of eligibility, but I was assuming. :) 

Redshirt plus 2 seasons and graduated in 3. FWIW I’m awfully curious how football players graduate in 3 years, when they are dedicating dozens of hours a week to football year round. But I guess they’re just smarter than us common folk. 😏

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Redshirt plus 2 seasons and graduated in 3. FWIW I’m awfully curious how football players graduate in 3 years, when they are dedicating dozens of hours a week to football year round. But I guess they’re just smarter than us common folk. 😏

Nowadays some kids in schools like Allen High School can get Dual Credit (High School and College)  for some classes one of my son's friends started college as a Sophomore and then took tests to get credit for some other classes so when started only needed 2 1/2 years worth of classes. Went to summer school and finished in two years.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

We have enough of those on the roster as is

Not to worry, we have an App State OT wavering. It will be close but it looks like we have a chance. :-\

6 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Not to worry, we have an App State OT wavering. It will be close but it looks like we have a chance. :-\

I'd gladly take another Leff

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think they have to take summer classes too, but I could be way off base with that assumption. I seem to be batting about .250 today with those. ;D

29 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I think they have to take summer classes too, but I could be way off base with that assumption. I seem to be batting about .250 today with those. ;D

I’m below the Mendoza line and would love to get to 250. 😂

7 hours ago, AU82 said:

Six offensive guys visiting and no Offensive Coordinator to talk to.

? Kodi Burns has been offensive coordinator here for the last 3 years.  And the real OC has been here the last 6 years.

Image result for meme what you talkin bout willis

So Keith tweeted that we have a JUCO OT from Garden City Kansas coming this weekend.

Bamidele Olanseni    Do any of you recruiting gurus know anything about this young man?

7 hours ago, Linayus said:

I think Pickens would pick AU over LSU (who has no real returning QB either), especially if Bo Nix can get him alone for a few hours this weekend. Ha!!

Joking aside, I would kill for us to get another tall WR to line up opposite of Seth Williams!

Agreed. Think about having a HUNH with these guys...2x2. Trips. Empty. Quads. 2x1...etc...

S Williams / GP WRs

Flash / JJ slot WRs

Shivers RB/slot

😎Bo Nix (I like M Willis too with improvement during offseason)

Maurice Hampton would be a HUGE get. I’ve been wondering if we were going to get involved with this kid since Woodson is from Memphis. He would be a big upgrade for our secondary. 

5 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

So Keith tweeted that we have a JUCO OT from Garden City Kansas coming this weekend.

Bamidele Olanseni    Do any of you recruiting gurus know anything about this young man?

He has been talked about before he is originally from London, England 6'8" tall and 330 pounds played JC in Kansas. I think E mentioned a few weeks ago we are looking at him. In addition we seem to be looking at Kennedy kid from Butler as an OT 6'4" 285 on one of the other strings he was talked about and there was film on him. Film looked good but against weaker competition.

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m awfully curious how football players graduate in 3 years, when they are dedicating dozens of hours a week to football year round.

It's pretty easy actually now that they are in school year round instead of going home in the Summers. Standard curriculum is 40 classes for an undergrad degree. The old standard was to take 5 classes 2 semester a year for 4 years. Now kids can take 4 classes a semester, 3 semesters per year. That's 3 years & 1 semester. Nearly every player is enrolled for the Summer before their freshman year so they can put that extra semester on the front end & graduate before their SR year of football eligibility starts. Some still choose the 5 classes a semester in the Spring & Fall & 4 in the Summer. A January enrollee in that scenario can finish undergrad work the 1st Semester of their JR football playing year.

8 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

Nothing more than he's a guy AU likes.

6 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Maurice Hampton would be a HUGE get. I’ve been wondering if we were going to get involved with this kid since Woodson is from Memphis. He would be a big upgrade for our secondary. 

Chances of him going to any college is low.

15 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

@ellitor do you think we will have any big surprise guests this weekend or during the early signing period? 

Can't say for next weekend which is the last before ENSD but no surprises are expected this weekend. Everyone in the OP are all that are expected.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can't say for next weekend which is the last before ENSD but no surprises are expected this weekend. Everyone in the OP are all that are expected.

You may see a couple of commits come unofficially visit to recruit. That usually happens this time of year.

Archived