December 7-9 Visitors

ellitor

Good preview from AUNerd at CollegeAndMag.com

Auburn Football Recruiting: Loaded Visitor List

Auburn is expected to host a number of committed prospects and five major targets on official visits this weekend.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

official visits to track

Chad Simmons • Rivals.com

Derick Hall

Visiting: Ole Miss

Can Ole Miss become a true contender in this race? Derick Hall visited Florida last week and the Gators made a strong impression, but can they compete with Auburn and Mississippi State? That is the question surrounding the Rebels this weekend. This has been a two-team race for months, so will Matt Luke and his staff be able to change that? This will be Hall’s final official visit. He plans to take an unofficial visit to Auburn next weekend before signing during the Early Signing Period.

Charles Moore

Visiting: Auburn

Auburn has been a threat to Mississippi State for months, and with Charles Moore not signing early, this could be a battle to February. LSU, Ole Miss and Tennessee are schools Moore still lists as contenders too, but the schools challenging the Bulldogs the most is Auburn. Moore has been on the Plains a handful of times and he likes the coaches and the culture. This race is extremely tight between Auburn and Mississippi State at this time.

George Pickens

Visiting: Auburn

Alabama was at one time viewed as the main threat to Auburn for George Pickens, but LSU has recently picked up some momentum. Could the five-star flip from one Tigers to another? He spent last weekend in Baton Rouge, and now, he will spend 48 hours on the campus of the school he is committed to. Pickens does not plan to sign until February at this time, so Auburn has some work to do keep this one on the commitment list.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:12 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Nowadays some kids in schools like Allen High School can get Dual Credit (High School and College)  for some classes one of my son's friends started college as a Sophomore and then took tests to get credit for some other classes so when started only needed 2 1/2 years worth of classes. Went to summer school and finished in two years.

Very true.  My daughter started college classes her freshman year of high school.  She will have enough hours for her associates by the time she graduates high school.

Tyler Fromm excited about the 2019 Tigers class

By Keith Niebuhr

AUBURN, ALABAMA -- Next Tuesday, Auburn tight end commit Tyler Fromm of Warner Robins (Ga.) will play in his last high school game — a state final vs. Bainbridge.

This weekend, though, it was all about Auburn.

Fromm and his family officially visited and when the trip ended Sunday, Fromm departed excited about the future.

“It was a blast,” Fromm said. "They had a lot of guys come over here and I think we’re going to have a good class.”

During his official, Fromm spent lots of time with the other commits — and a few notable targets.

“I was with Bo Nix a good bit of course, Mark-Antony Richards, Ja’Varrius Johnson and George Pickens,” Fromm said. “I’ve formed a great relationship with (Richards). We just met this weekend for the first time.”

What does Fromm think about Auburn’s chances with Richards?

“I think they’re pretty good,” said Fromm, the No. 16 tight end nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. “He’s pretty high on Auburn and they gave him a good visit this weekend.”

After missing most of the regular season with a shoulder injury, Fromm now is back to 100 percent.

“I’m feeling like myself,” he said. “I haven’t had any problems.”

Fromm has 12 catches in five games played, including a 10-yard touchdown reception in a state semifinal win over defending state champ Rome (Ga.) last week. Along with his twin brother, Dylan, Fromm hopes to win a championship Tuesday. Dylan is the team’s starting quarterback. He’s committed to Mercer.

“It’s going to mean everything,” Fromm said. “We just want to finish out on top and finish out the season on a good note before we enroll in college.”

MSU commit plans to play alongside Auburn commit in college

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

AUBURN | Louisville (Miss.) four-star defensive end Charles Moore is committed to Mississippi State. He has been since August. But Auburn is working to change that.

The Tigers had two full days this weekend to work on Moore as the four-star recruit was on campus for an official visit.

“I had a great time,” Moore said. “I feel at home at Auburn. I love this place.”

Also working on Moore was his close friend, four-star Auburn commitment Jaren Handy. The two, although committed to different schools, plan to play together in college. That college very well could be Auburn.

“We’re here,” Moore said. “I don’t want to freak everybody out, but look for us to be beside each other in May. I really do want to play with (Handy. Our relationship is just us being brothers. We don’t always see eye-to-eye, but that’s just being brothers.

“I love this place. My parents, my brothers and sisters, they love this place, too. It’s not too close to home and it’s not too far away from home. I need to venture out (from home) and grow up a bit.”

Moore believes he could do so while at Auburn. He believes he could do so under the tutelage of defensive line coach Rodney Garner, defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and area recruiter Marcus Woodson. Moore has close relationships with each of the three.

“They don’t try to sell me a recruiting pitch,” Moore said. “I really don’t feel like Auburn is recruiting me. They tell me that if this is the place for me and where I fit, then come. If not, they want me to be successful wherever I go. The relationships I have with these coaches, even if I didn’t come to Auburn, I would still talk to them. Coach Woodson, Coach Garner and Coach Steele, they are the type of people I want to surround myself with.”

And Moore is considering doing just that.

“What’s drawing me to Auburn is not about football. It’s about life after football,” Moore said. “The people I’m going to be around for the next four years developing me as a man. Auburn has good, honest coaches. What you see is what you get. They don’t try to spice it all up and send me a Disneyland picture. I know it’s going to take a lot of hard work when I get here. I have to be 10 toes down and come in ready to work.”

Moore will wait until February to sign. He still has other visits he plans to take.

“LSU, Florida, Tennessee and possibly Mississippi State,” Moore said of his visit. “And all of our visits (he and Moore’s) will be together.”

As for a final decision, Moore doesn’t plan to wait until Signing Day.

“If I did de-commit from Mississippi State, I wouldn’t do it spare of the moment and leave them hanging,” Moore said. “I’d probably let them know a week ahead.”

Moore, who is ranked the No. 10 player in Mississippi, is scheduled to receive an in-home visit Monday from Woodson, Garner and Steele.

JUCO OT visits Auburn, remains open in recruitment

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

AUBURN | Junior college offensive tackle Bamidele Olaseni

was in Auburn this weekend on an official visit.

It was Olaseni’s first visit to Auburn, and the Tigers made a great first impression.

“I like it. It’s not too big. It’s not too small,” Olaseni said. “I like the facilities, the coaches and the hosts who showed me around. The people are great. The stadium is great.”

Olaseni, a four-star tackle from Garden City (Kan.) Community College, spent a lot of time with offensive line coach J.B. Grimes and redshirt freshman Brodarious Hamm.

“They want me to come in and they’ll develop me, be patient with me and focus on the fundamentals to get me ready,” Olaseni said.

Olaseni isn’t a lifelong football player. He played recreation football in his hometown of London, England, and only began playing in the United State two years ago at Garden City.

Olaseni’s lack of experience, however, hasn’t kept colleges from offering. He has offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, Tennessee and Utah, among others. He’s already visited Utah and plans to visit others in January before signing in February.

“I don’t really know,” Olaseni said about any schools standing out to him. “I’m going home to speak to my family and my coach. I don’t have any others visits scheduled, but I’ll probably take a couple of more. I’m open to any school. I’ve already been to Utah. I could go to Alabama. I could go to Kansas. I don’t know.”

Olaseni, who is 6-foot-8 and weighs 320 pounds, has three years to play two.

Mark-Antony Richards gets ‘family feel’ on Auburn official visit

By Tom Green

Mark-Antony Richards has been taking trips to Auburn since he was in the eighth grade. This weekend, the four-star athlete out of West Palm Beach, Fla., got a slightly different experience during his official visit to the Plains.

“It’s just the family feel I get,” Richards said.

Richards, a four-star athlete out of Wellington High, said his official visit to Auburn “helped” the Tigers' chances of signing him come February. Along with Auburn, Richards is considering Penn State, Florida and Miami.

Richards said he expects to make a commitment in January, though he won’t announce it until National Signing Day.

“All the four to five schools, they still have a fair shot,” Richards said. "I plan on finishing my officials, but Auburn, they’re in good hands.”

Richards, who was in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Friday night to watch Auburn commit Bo Nix play in the Class 6A state championship game, said he spent more time with current Tigers players and commits this weekend -- something he added he hasn’t done a whole lot of on visits to other schools -- and believed he fit in well and that it “felt like I was in Little League” with the bond he had with the other players.

“It’s always good every time I come here," Richards said. "I’ve been coming since I was in like eighth grade, so it really hasn’t — I haven’t had a negative side of it.”

The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder, who is one of Auburn’s top running back targets in this class, has already taken an official visit to Penn State. He will take officials to both Florida and Miami in January. He plans to be in Gainesville the weekend of Jan. 11-13, while his trip to Coral Gables has yet to be finalized.

Richards is rated as the No. 3 athlete in the 2019 class, the 83rd-best player in the country and the 12-ranked prospect in the state of Florida. At Wellington this season, Richards said he amassed more than 3,000 all-purpose yards as a senior, including 1,300 rushing yards. Along with being used at running back, Richards saw time in the slot as well as on punt and kick returns.

Auburn, he said, plans to use him in a similar all-purpose role, should he choose the Tigers ahead of National Signing Day.

“All I can say is they have a plan,” Richards said. "That’s something that really stuck out.”

On 12/5/2018 at 10:42 PM, ellitor said:

A couple of notes. Haven't been able to post this til now but AU has made things interesting here again with Charles Moore.

LSU DB commit Maurice Hampton is a talented DB but an even more talented baseball player. He is close with Butch Thompson. AU Football & baseball will take their collective swing at him this weekend.

Thanks to the magic of Twitter, I see that Bo Nix and Malzahn have started following him. Looks like we're making a push!

7 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Any word on how it went with Maurice Hampton?

Nope. Didn't do an interview after his OV.

• ellitor unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Good recap of the weekend from Nerd at CollegeAndMag

Official Visit Recap

This past weekend was a big one for the Tigers as they hosted TEN official visitors on campus. Everyone that was expected to be there made the trip which is always good news. Unfortunately, Auburn did not have their new offensive coordinator in place during these visits but despite that fact a number of offensive targets and commitments appear to have left the Plains feeling really good about where things stand.

4* WR George Pickens | 6’3” | 190 lbs | Hoover, AL | Auburn Commit

There were concerns Friday and most of Saturday by Auburn fans that Pickens had skipped out on his official visit. Turns out, he had to take the ACT that morning and drove up in the afternoon. This was a huge visit for the Tigers and Pickens. LSU has made a VERY strong push in recent weeks and other programs such as Alabama, Georgia and Florida State have not given up pursuit. Pickens did not give an interview afterwards but the buzz is much more positive about Auburn’s chances of hanging onto one of the nation’s top prospects. We will see if the Tigers can convince Pickens to go ahead and sign next week but as of today it appears he will wait until February.

4* QB Bo Nix | 6’2” | 207 lbs | Pinson Valley, AL | Auburn Commit

On Friday night, Bo Nix lead his Pinson Valley team to their 2nd straight state title. The next morning, he was back on campus recruiting for the Tigers while he took his official visit. Nix capped off a phenomenal senior year with a strong performance in the state championship. A number of current players and official visitors were on hand to watch Nix’s performance and he left them all impressed. As his campaign manager in DECISION 19 here on this fine website, my man only further proved why he will be Auburn’s starting quarterback in 2019.

4* CB Maurice Hampton | 6’0” | 205 lbs | Memphis, TN | LSU Commit

Hampton was one of the more intriguing visitors this past weekend. A long time LSU commit, Hampton appears to be evaluating all of his options before making a final decision. What makes his recruitment so fascinating is that he’s an elite baseball prospect as well who would want to play both at the next level, that’s if he doesn’t get drafted before then. I’m not sure if he has decided yet whether he will sign next week or wait until February.

4* RB Mark-Antony Richards | 6’1” | 195 lbs | West Palm Beach, FL

With Asa Martin’s transfer, running back has really become a priority for this staff. It’s clear they want two backs in this class and Richards has long been a name near the top of the list. Relationships and the plan they have in place for Richards appear to be the top reasons why the Tigers just might be the team to beat at the moment. Richards is a dynamic athlete who could make an early impact for the Tigers in 2019 if he were to sign with Auburn. The elite athlete does not plan to make a decision until February.

4* DL Jaren Handy | 6’5” | 278 lbs | Hattiesburg, MS | Auburn Commit

I speculated last week that Auburn might try and convince their top ranked DL commit to go ahead and sign early instead of waiting until February. That appears to have been the case as Handy left the visit saying he’s contemplating ending his recruitment early. Either way, he continues to reiterate he’s locked in with Auburn.

4* DL Charles Moore | 6’4” | 268 lbs | Louisville, MS | Mississippi State Commit

Auburn continues to pursue the longtime Bulldog commit and it sure sounds like they might be making some serious headway. Moore is close friends with Handy and said after his visit that the two still plan to play together at the next level. Now I wouldn’t take that as gospel considering recruits tend to say that all the time but there appears to be more smoke that the Tigers might pull this flip off. Auburn followed up his official visit with an in home visit Monday. Moore plans to wait until February so expect Auburn to keep the heat on up until he signs

4* DL Quashon Fuller | 6’3” | 277 lbs | Lehigh Acres, FL | Florida State Commit

Heading into his official visit, there wasn’t a lot of insight into how good a chance Auburn had with the Florida State commit. Even Fuller admitted after the trip that Auburn hadn’t really been on his radar but his mom pushed him to take the visit. Well that’s definitely changed as Fuller left the Plains very impressed by the Tigers and specifically loved the fact that the defensive line is such an important part of this football team telling AuburnUndercover:

“It was really good,” Fuller said. “This was one of the few schools that you can get a feel that the D-line is the important part of the defense. What made me realize that is how tight the D-line is. Everybody was saying ‘D-line, D-line.’ I’m talking about, these are receivers and quarterbacks that are saying this. Their D-line coach, he has put so many people in the NFL. Every time you look at a highlight real, half of it is the D-line. I just feel like how tight that D-line is, that really speaks volumes.”

Fuller plans to use all his official visits before making his final decision in February. The Tigers appear to have become a very real threat to land the big time defensive lineman out of Florida.

4* OT Bamidele Olaseni | 6’8” | 330 lbs | London, England | JUCO

I and pretty much every one in the Auburn blogosphere have written ad nauseam about Auburn’s recruiting struggles when it comes to offensive tackles. That’s why the staff is leaving no stone unturned in their pursuit for OL help. Olaseni appears to have become a major target in recent weeks and getting him on campus was big. He left feeling good about the Tigers and their plan for him but wants to take his time before making his commitment. As of now, Auburn and Utah appear to be his top contenders but expect plenty more programs to get into the mix.

3* TE Tyler Fromm | 6’5” | 225 lbs | Warner Robins, GA | Auburn Commit

Sadly, Fromm’s bid for a state championship came just short last night as his Warner Robins squad lost in Bainbridge in triple overtime. But the talented tight end had another great visit to the Plains this past weekend and is locked in with the Tigers. He will sign with Auburn next week.

3* WR Ja’Varrius Johnson | 5’9” | 164 lbs | Trussville, AL | Auburn Commit

Some of the biggest news to come out of this weekend was Johnson’s decision to now sign early with Auburn next week. The diminutive but explosive wideout has been courted in recent weeks by the Tide but they have yet to offer. Auburn, meanwhile, has been fighting hard to convince Johnson to go ahead and end his recruitment next week. Getting this kid on board early is huge for this class. Ignore the low rating, this dude is a beast with the ball in his hands.

Archived