Propst in the SEC

twilli13

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

Avoid child support at ALL costs. Sounds like an offensive genius to me.... LMAO

LOLLLLL!

I am not a hater on RP like most are but he would slap the hashbrowns out of Double Bubble's mouth and make him like it.  These two would not coincide together.  A coach from Collins Hill in Gwinnett County was hired on Rush's staff.  When asked by the Collins Hill staff what Rush did that made him so successful he said that you would be fired the first day on the job in Gwinnett County if you coached and spoke like he did.  Love him or hate him, Rush ain't sitting back and watching someone try to hang a picture on the wall with a sewing needle and a sledge hammer like Gus.  He is a winner.  He just would need to be somewhere that he could coach and not micromanaged to death.

15 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

slap the hashbrowns out of Double Bubble's mouth

16 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Rush ain't sitting back and watching someone try to hang a picture on the wall with a sewing needle and a sledge hammer

This is turning into the most awesome and quotable thread in awhile. Please, y'all keep going!

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My thoughts as well, although I'm not super well acquainted with Probst's transgressions. Sounds like he took it up a notch but, like, do you really draw a line between churchy hooker guy and 2 family guy? 

I prefer someone with some semblance of morality and ethical behavior.  With that said, I am also a forgiving man who's willing to offer people the benefit of the doubt if they make serious effort to repent & correct said behavior... perhaps even making amends.

My problem with Probst more than anything?

HE'S ANOTHER FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL COACH!!

What is Gus?  Booger from "Revenge of the Nerds"?

Gus/Booger: "I've been out combing the high schools all day."

booger.gif

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Lol exactly. What's worse? At least Propst isn't hitting it and quitting it like Freezey. He's did the honorable thing and entered a relationship with his side piece. Even started a family with her! HE'S A FAMILY MAN!!!!!!!

Most of us aren't even HALF the family man he is.........

3 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I am not a hater on RP like most are but he would slap the hashbrowns out of Double Bubble's mouth and make him like it.  These two would not coincide together.  A coach from Collins Hill in Gwinnett County was hired on Rush's staff.  When asked by the Collins Hill staff what Rush did that made him so successful he said that you would be fired the first day on the job in Gwinnett County if you coached and spoke like he did.  Love him or hate him, Rush ain't sitting back and watching someone try to hang a picture on the wall with a sewing needle and a sledge hammer like Gus.  He is a winner.  He just would need to be somewhere that he could coach and not micromanaged to death.

I can confirm this. I have 2 cousins (they're twins) that started 3 years and won 3 state titles under RP at Hoover. They hate the guy but also love him. Late into the season they were still crawling into the house at 10PM and looked like they had gone to war after practice. He purposely tries to break players all season long. RP expects perfection on the first try. He does not care who he rubs the wrong way. He doesn't put up with back talk or foolishness. He will just kick you off the team no matter if you're a starter, a 5 star or your dad is a big donor. If everyone wants our guys to be mentally and physically tough, well this is the guy to set the tone. RP is playing for another state title on the 12th at a school they said he would never have success at. He does not run from a challenge and will die trying to get it right.

23 minutes ago, AUGrad16 said:

I can confirm this. I have 2 cousins (they're twins) that started 3 years and won 3 state titles under RP at Hoover. They hate the guy but also love him. Late into the season they were still crawling into the house at 10PM and looked like they had gone to war after practice. He purposely tries to break players all season long. RP expects perfection on the first try. He does not care who he rubs the wrong way. He doesn't put up with back talk or foolishness. He will just kick you off the team no matter if you're a starter, a 5 star or your dad is a big donor. If everyone wants our guys to be mentally and physically tough, well this is the guy to set the tone. RP is playing for another state title on the 12th at a school they said he would never have success at. He does not run from a challenge and will die trying to get it right.

I played for a coach like that in my junior year at high school.  Gigantic a**hole, but won games and wouldn't settle for less.  Hated his guts but respected him as a coach and played hard for him.  Probably a better person for having played for him.  Total jerk as a human and person.

As long as there are no arrests, no NCAA charges, meet academic standards and go to class, and don't get negative stories in the media, I'm good if you're producing on the field.  Don't care what religion you are or how many families you have.

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

The man basically had a secret family that his Family #1 had no idea about.

Who cares? Are we now the morality police only hiring good Christian people? 

This whole thing is retarded. Unless a coach/prospect is running Round breaking laws, his person so life is his own. 

Hell if the laws he breaks are sin laws and other state edicts withiut a victim, that shouldn't disqualify you either. 

3 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Who cares? Are we now the morality police only hiring good Christian people? 

This whole thing is retarded. Unless a coach/prospect is running Round breaking laws, his person so life is his own. 

Hell if the laws he breaks are sin laws and other state edicts withiut a victim, that shouldn't disqualify you either. 

I can guarantee there were victims of RP's lies and duplicity and they were deeply hurt. What he did affected those he was supposed to care about the most. Not sure why you would think kind of behavior is OK. I personally think Rush is a narcissist, and he is not someone I'd want my son to hang around with. I hope Auburn never sinks that low just to win a few football games. 

Rps questionable social life aside, my original post was referring to hiring another assistant from high school. If RP was such a great coach (which is what we need to fix this mess, if it's even fixable), then why has he never moved up to the big time before now? Hes not a spring chicken, right?

We're talking about an actual victim, not a sesame street hurt feeling deal. Your subjective morality on how a man should live his life is none of your business or anyone else's. 

He doesn't cause actual harm to others and he isn't cheating to win. Football is a business. His job isn't to be a daddy or a moral coach or any other BS, his job is to run a clean program and win. 

5 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

We're talking about an actual victim, not a sesame street hurt feeling deal. Your subjective morality on how a man should live his life is none of your business or anyone else's. 

He doesn't cause actual harm to others and he isn't cheating to win. Football is a business. His job isn't to be a daddy or a moral coach or any other BS, his job is to run a clean program and win. 

This is so convincing, but....there is less than zero chance Rush Propst will ever be connected with Auburn in any way, he's got a better chance of being Pope.

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Bring in Nesbit if you want a hot shot high school coach.

Nesbit took my alma mater Oneonta Redskins to multiple State championships... Their first since the 70s. 

He can change a high school program... I saw him do it at my high school... But I don't think we need more high school coaches....

54 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hope Auburn never sinks that low just to win a few football games. 

Nothing at all personal against you Belle, at all... But there are a lot of people who feel this way about Auburn Football.

And...it's the reason we will never turn the corner to becoming a big time program. 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Nothing at all personal against you Belle, at all... But there are a lot of people who feel this way about Auburn Football.

And...it's the reason we will never turn the corner to becoming a big time program. 

Turn the corner?  which corner?     What?      do what Louisville has done...or Arkansas, or ole Miss or Tennessee?   not sure what corner you would have us turn but it is not necessary to hire people like that to win football games.    There are plenty of decent and capable coaches out there. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Turn the corner?  which corner?     What?      do what Louisville has done...or Arkansas, or ole Miss or Tennessee?   not sure what corner you would have us turn but it is not necessary to hire people like that to win football games.    There are plenty of decent and capable coaches out there. 

Yeah what corner. 

giphy.gif

At Hoover, one of the football practice fields backs up to the softball field.  One day during spring practice he had his Mercedes parked on the road beside the practice field.  The girls were also practicing softball.  A foul ball went over the backstop, bounced a couple of times and hit the hood of his car.  He flew across the field to the softball field and went into a rage, cussing and screaming in front of everybody.  He said the softball team would have to pay to repair his car.  He told the softball coach that they had to stop practicing until he was through. The softball coach told him to just move his car. Rush called the principal and told him to stop the softball practice. The principal told the softball coach that they would have to stop the live pitching.  The school paid to have his car repaired. 

48 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This is so convincing, but....there is less than zero chance Rush Propst will ever be connected with Auburn in any way, he's got a better chance of being Pope.

I never said RP should be at Auburn, only that his personal life shouldn't be a factor. 

Coaches with faults are the majority. Just like us "non coaches" they (we) all screw up, embarrass ourselves at some point, some more than others. Then if we are fortunate we have a chance to clean up our acts and do better. Most of us our lucky enough that our sins are not in the news or social media. I don't like what he did but truthfully sin is sin. It's not the sin that will doom you. It's the practicing of the same sin over and over knowing full well it's wrong that will get you in the end. At least that my understanding. Point is, I won't hold RPs past against him. I don't want anymore HS coaches at Auburn though as a major player on the staff. Time to move on from that line of thinking. I just want a Steve Spurrier" type coach. He was a winner certainly in his prime, he said what was on his mind. He didn't think twice about yanking an underperforming player, even his QB, when he needed to. He was entertaining on and off the field. I don't remember him ever embarrassing his school with words or performance. He was a breath of fresh air and I loved hating him at Florida because he was so freaking good. But I loved how he coached, he NEVER let up. That's the type of coach I want at Auburn. If he's not perfect that's okay, no one is. Just make Saturday fun again. 

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nevermind in my original comment, I said exactly what corner. You know... The one Bama turned with the hiring of Saban... The one that UGA has turned with the hiring of Smart. The one Clemson turned with Dabo. THAT corner and it has nothing to do with being a decent human being. Saban in a jerk. But he wins games. Smart could very well be the jerk that Saban is after he starts winning like him. 

I wouldn't want Urban Meyer or Bobby P being our coach. 

But just because someone is a jerk or because they do something that some may consider to be morally reprehensible should not make them blacklisted. As long as no laws were broken, as long as no rules were broken, what someone does in their personal life should have no effect on their professional life. 

The world ain't like that......coaches fired all the time, and other people too.... for actions that don't break laws, but are considered unacceptable to society these days....which is pretty hard to do considering how lax society is about most things.    

Bama lucked out hiring Saban...was their second or third choice and Smart definitely hit the ground running but unfortunately let two national championships get away from him to his mentor of all people. ...and good thing he did not let something like that happen at AU or probably more than a few folks would be wanting him to be on his way. 

As for Clemson and Dabo.....he inherited the job mid-season  and nobody looked at him as "turning a corner"....he just dodged getting fired after his 3rd season when he was 6-7 but Clemson gave him another chance and see what they have now.  Patience was rewarded and he hired Chad Morris., recruited Tajh Boyd and fired Kevin Steele.....and he was off to the races... .  

JMO but coaches are teachers and it would nice if they could set a good moral and ethical example for their students...I mean....colleges all over the place are changing coaches and yet I've not see Freeze mentioned as a  serious HC prospect at any of them...  I remain amazed that of the hundreds of competent and successful football coaches in Div 1, some people just seem to latch onto the guys with baggage and maybe never think about why coaches like that are always available.   

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The world ain't like that......coaches fired all the time, and other people too.... for actions that don't break laws, but are considered unacceptable to society these days...

Bobby P, Urban Meyer, Hugh Freeze, and Joey Freshwater have all done what some would consider morally reprehensible, yet they are either coaching still, will be coaching again soon, and recently retired (only a few days ago.)

Kendal Briles while not being proven to have been involved with the Baylor incident, was the OC and the son of the man who was in charge of terrible things at Baylor. He hasn't stopped coaching. 

And given a few more years, you will start to see daddy Briles mentioned in coaching circles again. 

That IS how it goes for football coaches. Its just the people who want to be holier than thou, who say we don't need morally reprehensible people here, are the people who will hold Auburn back from Turing the corner into being a dominant program. You know... That corner you pretended to not know what I was talking about... 

Archived