Propst in the SEC

twilli13

Sorry A2E...if you believe that we are never gonna agree....hiring tainted coaches guarantees nothing except sooner or later your school will be in trouble.

The fact that those guys are available should tell you something about them because as you suggest, some schools will do anything they think will help them win...and yet....there they are working crap jobs or none at all...so let some else have them. JMO

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

We're talking about an actual victim, not a sesame street hurt feeling deal. Your subjective morality on how a man should live his life is none of your business or anyone else's. 

He doesn't cause actual harm to others and he isn't cheating to win. Football is a business. His job isn't to be a daddy or a moral coach or any other BS, his job is to run a clean program and win. 

Yeah...no way being cheated on like that would ever cause any actual harm. Are you serious?

3 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

I never said RP should be at Auburn, only that his personal life shouldn't be a factor. 

A factor in what?  Seems to me you were very strongly lobbying for something.

He has been ridiculously successful in the largest high school football classifications in Georgia and Alabama and remains in exile in friggin' Moultrie, GA.  There's a very real reason for that and it's not because he doesn't aspire to more. 

We're talking about football games like it's life or death.....

20 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

A factor in what?  Seems to me you were very strongly lobbying for something.

He has been ridiculously successful in the largest high school football classifications in Georgia and Alabama and remains in exile in friggin' Moultrie, GA.  There's a very real reason for that and it's not because he doesn't aspire to more. 

We're talking about football games like it's life or death.....

Obviously a factor in any job he ever pursues. How did you not follow? Obviously I am lobbying for Auburn to stop hiring good Christian beta males and go after someone with fire regardless of any personal choices they make you may not agree with. 

Well for him it literally is his livelihood. No talking of life or death, just the stupidity of some to require some choir boy coach instead of the best coach. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Sorry A2E...if you believe that we are never gonna agree....hiring tainted coaches guarantees nothing except sooner or later your school will be in trouble.

The fact that those guys are available should tell you something about them because as you suggest, some schools will do anything they think will help them win...and yet....there they are working crap jobs or none at all...so let some else have them. JMO

Meanwhile as Auburn and most thos board strongly support and want freeze. Let's not pick and choose here. 

44 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Yeah...no way being cheated on like that would ever cause any actual harm. Are you serious?

I'm sorry, did he deprive her of life, liberty or property? Does anyone have a claim against him other than hurt feelings? I must be missing him beating his wife or murdering and eating his children or some other actual hurt y'all must know about. 

Gus cannot handle all of this alpha in one man. 

And yes that is jeremy pruitt at the tail end of that clip. 

Gus would be terrified of Propst. This is going to be Malzahns last year. Might as well make it as entertaining as possible and have the sec version of 2 a days on our sideline. If we are going to be a clown show lets go all in! lol

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus cannot handle all of this alpha in one man. 

I'd have absolutely whipped his ass if he went after my son that way.

I guarantee a player will play harder and give you more when you treat them with respect and put their success first as compared to a player that performs out of fear.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus would be terrified of Propst. This is going to be Malzahns last year. Might as well make it as entertaining as possible and have the sec version of 2 a days on our sideline. If we are going to be a clown show lets go all in! lol

Man doesn’t Propst just look the part of the ass&&*( football coach? Like the dude from Varsity Blues? I get the feeling Propst would sacrifice his players to win a game lol.  But you know the old saying about football coaches....a coach is someone who is willing to sacrifice YOUR life for the good of the school... 

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

But you know the old saying about football coaches....a coach is someone who is willing to sacrifice YOUR life for the good of the school... 

tenor.gif

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I guarantee a player will play harder and give you more when you treat them with respect and put their success first as compared to a player that performs out of fear.

Oh "shiver me Timbers" I'm scare

10 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

I'm sorry, did he deprive her of life, liberty or property? Does anyone have a claim against him other than hurt feelings? I must be missing him beating his wife or murdering and eating his children or some other actual hurt y'all must know about. 

Just think about it for a second. Can you really not understand the emotional toll that would take on someone knowing the person you loved started a second family, and thus what kind of physical toll that could take on a person? Do you not understand the very real link between emotional damage and physical health? Do you not see how it could cause depression, and how many people die from depression every day? There’s your physical harm. There’s your loss of life. Then the kids lose a mother. Then what happens to the house? Loss of property. Can you really not see how emotional stress is actual harm? I don’t know whether he actually started a second family or not. I also don’t know whether you’re serious or not; because honestly, this level of intellectual depravity is hard to accept as reality. We can debate whether or not he would be a good coach. We can debate whether or not his failures should disqualify him from a position at Auburn. What should be common sense  and thus not up for debate is that emotional harm is not “hurt feelings” but “actual harm.” 

17 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Who cares? Are we now the morality police only hiring good Christian people? 

This whole thing is retarded. Unless a coach/prospect is running Round breaking laws, his person so life is his own. 

Hell if the laws he breaks are sin laws and other state edicts withiut a victim, that shouldn't disqualify you either. 

Lol relax my dude. I actually agree with you. I was just helping explain to someone who didn't know about RP's past. 

Also, that shadiness he's shown in his family life would directly affect his ability to recruit and sell the idea to a mom and dad that their son will be in good hands away from home for 4 years. THAT's my biggest beef with it. Lol Kirby and Nick would kill us in living rooms with that line. As far as all the arbitrary morality stuff I'm with you. But sometimes those things can get in the way of being able to do the job to the best of a coach's ability. I think this is one of those cases. 

3 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Just think about it for a second. Can you really not understand the emotional toll that would take on someone knowing the person you loved started a second family, and thus what kind of physical toll that could take on a person? Do you not understand the very real link between emotional damage and physical health? Do you not see how it could cause depression, and how many people die from depression every day? There’s your physical harm. There’s your loss of life. Then the kids lose a mother. Then what happens to the house? Loss of property. Can you really not see how emotional stress is actual harm? I don’t know whether he actually started a second family or not. I also don’t know whether you’re serious or not; because honestly, this level of intellectual depravity is hard to accept as reality. We can debate whether or not he would be a good coach. We can debate whether or not his failures should disqualify him from a position at Auburn. What should be common sense  and thus not up for debate is that emotional harm is not “hurt feelings” but “actual harm.” 

By this wonderful amazing logic, breaking a girls heart and her getting depressed and killing herself is now murder and all your fault. 

Killing yourself is your own choice, not a forced act of aggression by another. 

Losing property you can no longer afford is again not an act of aggression. You don't get some special claim to that house. 

Find me a single aggressive, forceful action he took in this, until then, you have no basis in your claim. 

Sorry your feelings are hurt. 

31 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

By this wonderful amazing logic, breaking a girls heart and her getting depressed and killing herself is now murder and all your fault. 

Killing yourself is your own choice, not a forced act of aggression by another. 

Losing property you can no longer afford is again not an act of aggression. You don't get some special claim to that house. 

Find me a single aggressive, forceful action he took in this, until then, you have no basis in your claim. 

Sorry your feelings are hurt. 

That’s not how logic works bro. Me saying emotional harm is just as real as physical harm does not equal “breaking a girls heart and her getting depressed and killing herself is now murder and all your fault.” That’s called a fallacy on your part, because I never said that; that’s an illogical assumption you made by yourself out of ignorance. Your original point was emotional harm isn’t actual harm, which is patently false. I showed you why, and then you took my point and transformed it into a point I never made. Good job.

Second, I never said killing one’s self was an act of aggression by another.  Another useless point by you.  

Third, I know losing property is not an act of aggression. Again, that’s not the point I’m making. Emotional harm is actual harm is my point.

Fourth: Maybe by now it will sink in, but forceful aggression is not my point. My original claim that emotional harm is just as real as physical harm is my claim. My basis in this claim is rooted in common sense alone, but has also been demonstrated in my points that you have so aptly lept over in your state of confusion. Look up straw man fallacy; you’re good at them. 

sorry thinking is so hard for you

59 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That’s not how logic works bro. Me saying emotional harm is just as real as physical harm does not equal “breaking a girls heart and her getting depressed and killing herself is now murder and all your fault.” That’s called a fallacy on your part, because I never said that; that’s an illogical assumption you made by yourself out of ignorance. Your original point was emotional harm isn’t actual harm, which is patently false. I showed you why, and then you took my point and transformed it into a point I never made. Good job.

Second, I never said killing one’s self was an act of aggression by another.  Another useless point by you.  

Third, I know losing property is not an act of aggression. Again, that’s not the point I’m making. Emotional harm is actual harm is my point.

Fourth: Maybe by now it will sink in, but forceful aggression is not my point. My original claim that emotional harm is just as real as physical harm is my claim. My basis in this claim is rooted in common sense alone, but has also been demonstrated in my points that you have so aptly lept over in your state of confusion. Look up straw man fallacy; you’re good at them. 

sorry thinking is so hard for you

Lol sorry logical and rational conclusions and following your argument to its logical end it considered a straw man by you  sadly it isn't. 

On your 1st rant, you connected death to depression, I took tje connection and made a real example of it and you get butthurt it hurts your argument since the emotional issue and death are their own fault, no one else's. You entire claim was action causes hurt feelings causes depression causes death. You placed the blame of the death on the action on the individual responsible for the act. 

You made the claim the action forced the loss of property this is false. Sorry you are wrong again. 

Your point became useless and void after you tried to connect aggression upon life,liberty,property as equal to hurt feelings. 

This isn't an issue of a straw man but you acting like an action is wrong just because it hurts feelings. GTFO with that  if you are going to claim fallacy and strawman, at least be correct. Sorry your rational is ass. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 8:16 AM, bigbird said:

I had a coach in early club ball days that had the Probst style. Since it wasn't district or school affiliated you could go where you wanted. Six of us left the team and transferred to a new coach in the league at seasons end.

Best thing that ever happened. Guy was German and had been in the West German and Bayern Munich development leagues before a car wreck. Guy hardly yelled and if he did it was never abusive. In fact the thing you feared from him was him putting his hand on your shoulder and going "we will fix this" in a normal tone. That meant you were about to get drilled to hell and that failure in the drill would result in sprints for others to demonstrate how your ineffectiveness punishes the team. Man never belittled you, or embarrassed you, and would 100% call you on mistakes and coach you to fix mistakes. You literally worked hard every day to not let your teammates down and him down not out of fear but out of respect. This guy was the best individual at constructive criticism I have ever seen in my life.

First time we played my old team we won 7-1 and it could of been worse if he had not given the keep away and 3 touch limit order. Meaning you had 3 touches to receive and distribute and no shooting allowed. We only lost 3 players the entire time we were with him, cause they moved, and every starter and back up that was on that team got D1 scholarships.

People would ask him why he didn't do the whole intensive yell thing. His response was "Hitler did that, his best men tried to murder him and he ruined countries and lives".

Archived