Leath Hosting a Christmas Open House

fredst

Hopefully the students will conduct themselves with a little more class than the Twitter warriors.

26 minutes ago, fredst said:

Looks like President Leath may be slightly unpopular judging by the responses. This is priceless,lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/auburnprez/status/1069678512393605127?s=12

Oh, my!!!  "Out of the mouths of (adult) babes..." Hot-seat-where-it-should-be-evidence appreciated, fredst!!

everyone is fearless on twitter.   Would hope AU folks would show some class.....but guess you never know. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

everyone is fearless on twitter.   Would hope AU folks would show some class.....but guess you never know. 

Agreed. I thought some of the responses were clever and some made me laugh out loud. A well-written letter to the BOT would probably be more productive though.

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Agreed. I thought some of the responses were clever and some mad me laugh out loud. A well-written letter to the BOT would probably be more productive though.

I'm sure people have done that. But I'm also pretty sure they don't care. This being out in public is going to catch their eye more than private letters ever could.

56 minutes ago, AU64 said:

It’s social media. Class is optional but the message is the same. 

I’m also in the minority that wished people would not act like that for someone opening up their home for a Christmas party.

40 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He brought this on himself. He STILL hasn't addressed the crap that went down last week. 

Hey.….it's Christmas....it's a social event...why not just accept the offer or let it go?     As for popularity?  who knows.? ...there are about 25000 students and several hundred thousand alums....so a handful of snarky tweets is not a mandate....JMO

Enjoy the holiday season and make it a point to spread some good cheer....:)

44 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It’s social media. Class is optional but the message is the same. 

I thought of your post encouraging continued pressure and scrutiny where it needed to be applied. 

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Hey.….it's Christmas....it's a social event...why not just accept the offer or let it go?     As for popularity?  who knows.? ...there are about 25000 students and several hundred thousand alums....so a handful of snarky tweets is not a mandate....JMO

Enjoy the holiday season and make it a point to spread some good cheer....:)

64, I understand that you're trying to stay positive about all of this. And I respect you for keeping your cool. I've unfortunately reached my limit with these fools. The way I see it they're assaulting the athletic department, University, and town. This whole thing from top to bottom has been an embarrassment for Auburn and Steven Leath has no right to handle this the way he is handling it. 

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I’m also in the minority that wished people would not act like that for someone opening up their home for a Christmas party.

Normally they wouldn't. Unfortunately, he's not just any someone right now. It's also fair to suspect the motive, given his silence and lack of acceptance of questionable actions. Some posts here have alluded to expenditures beyond necessary TO "their" home. Here's the thing...leadership is excruciatingly tough, especially when big money is involved. If you lose the people's trust in matters as weighty as what we've all been witnessing,  even a holiday gesture may seem hypocritical. No, it's not Africa-starvation-issue-weighty. But truth, even that could have been partially alleviated with an appropriate direction of funds. Kids will tell it like it is, even big kids. The clothes their truth wears may be unsightly, but they point to issues beneath them that we "politically-correct" longer-adults often try to cover in the name of grace or extra patience. Satire has always sold, as impolite as it gets. Sometimes things have to get uberdark before the cleansing light can come. Just my thoughts. 

Archived