Take it for what it is worth

DAG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DAG said:

https://www.al.com//auburnfootball/2018/12/an-inside-look-at-how-auburn-botched-asa-martins-redshirt.html

We all were kind of wondering what went down with ASA. Sounds almost unbelievable, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Some great roster management right there, if true.

OC in title only made 1.1 million dollars lmao. 

Gus: 7 mil 

other offensive assistants: probably 2 mil?

Great value for a dollar.

Read this article closely. There is no comment from (or apparent effort to reach) the AU coaching staff. This is taking place right in the heart of recruiting season. This is irresponsible, bullcrap journalism that suggests AU's coaching staff doesn't give a crap about it's players.

3 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Read this article closely. There is no comment from (or apparent effort to reach) the AU coaching staff. This is taking place right in the heart of recruiting season. This is irresponsible, bullcrap journalism that suggests AU's coaching staff doesn't give a crap about it's players.

Well they have had all season to address it, no? We, the fans, found it interesting and nothing was said about it. Although I do find the mother’s quotes quite pointed. And in the article itself , it does say staff declined to comment.

2 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Why does it matter if there is a comment from the AU coaching staff?  If he played in more than four games his red shirt is burned. Considering the limited number of snaps he took, or did not take, it was a wasted year for him. We have such a mickey mouse athletic department right now, in terms of the football program, nothing surprises me. 

22 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Dumb to the comment

I’m tired of everybody blaming the media. If you don’t want bad press, don’t make boneheaded decisions for them to report.  Own it — Gus and the coaches screwed up.  Unfortunately, they represent Auburn at the moment.

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well they have had all season to address it, no? We, the fans, found it interesting and nothing was said about it. Although I do find the mother’s quotes quite pointed. And in the article itself , it does say staff declined to comment.

She’s definitely unhappy and who can blame her:

“That still was a lie and we knew this before the Mississippi State game,” Harris said of the participation chart. “That’s how bad the redshirt situation was mishandled.”

If this all went down like it appears it did, I’d be beyond pi$$ed if I was Asa and his family.

Smh at this. This is just pathetic, and sitting aroundand acting like this didn't happen like it will magically go away sounds EXACTLY like this coaching staff is known for

39 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

Why does it matter if there is a comment from the AU coaching staff?  If he played in more than four games his red shirt is burned. Considering the limited number of snaps he took, or did not take, it was a wasted year for him. We have such a mickey mouse athletic department right now, in terms of the football program, nothing surprises me. 

That's an insult to mickey mouse. 

55 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

This is irresponsible, bullcrap journalism

I wondered how long that would take. Not too long. 

#LittleBrotherSyndromeIsReal 

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

the offense all year was a cluster.    Did we expect him to actually play out all 4 years of eligibility? 

Surely you understand the point at hand? 

5 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

We have got to be getting murdered on the recruiting trail right now.  This combined with the crap show surrounding Gus is just insane. 

We should be. What parent in their right mind would encourage their kids to walk into that crapshow? I know if my kid was a major D1 talent, there is less than 0 (ZERO) chance I would let my kid go to Auburn right now. I'd straight up refuse to sign the paperwork. 

This is next level incompetence. They have every right to be furious about this screw up.

Has Gus owned this? Has he been asked about it by media and if so what was his response?  I’m just curious since he is supposed to be this fine upstanding man. I would assume he has come out and taken full responsibility for this?

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

If you could sell your ability to delude yourself from reality, you could make billions. 

56 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Has Gus owned this? Has he been asked about it by media and if so what was his response?  I’m just curious since he is supposed to be this fine upstanding man. I would assume he has come out and taken full responsibility for this?

He's clearly considering it but then no...

pessimisticnecessaryamericanrobin.gif

9lcT.gif

angry-gus-malzahn-against-miss-state.gif

Archived