• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

This is old info. Came out weeks ago. 

Just another AU hit piece. Yay! 

Glad to see that someone “gets it”...

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

OC in title only made 1.1 million dollars lmao. 

Gus: 7 mil 

other offensive assistants: probably 2 mil?

Great value for a dollar.

Well what did you expect when an sec school hires high school coaches.   I expect that auburn will be run like a high school program.

3 hours ago, James Howell said:

Well what did you expect when an sec school hires high school coaches.   I expect that auburn will be run like a high school program.

Pruitt, Hugh Freeze, Bill Clark, and Barry Odom were all high school coaches fwiw. Incompetence is a result of his bullish resistance to adapt.

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Smh at this. This is just pathetic, and sitting aroundand acting like this didn't happen like it will magically go away sounds EXACTLY like this coaching staff is known for

My guess, and just that is Gus felt there was a chance he may transfer so this keeps him off field next year! 

Then let whatever fallout happen.

All this angst is assuming that they really wanted to redshirt the guy. There can be any number of reasons for playing someone in five or six games. It's not a given fact that they wanted to redshirt him and bungled the counting.

14 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Read this article closely. There is no comment from (or apparent effort to reach) the AU coaching staff. This is taking place right in the heart of recruiting season. This is irresponsible, bullcrap journalism that suggests AU's coaching staff doesn't give a crap about it's players.

AU has every minute of every hour of every day to address these claims.  Those with intelligence greater than a kumquat know what that sound of crickets coming from the AU Athletic Department means -> guilty as charged.  

So, in a way, the press not contacting Auburn for a comment is a blessing.  What could they possibly say?  They didn't play him after they burned his shirt, so it's not like they meant to burn it.  Maybe they could call his mom a liar????   I feel for the kid and his folks.  And I'd be so angry with Gus...  

"Auburn declined, through a team spokesman, to answer questions regarding this allegation about Martin’s redshirt. "

incompetent.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

All this angst is assuming that they really wanted to redshirt the guy. There can be any number of reasons for playing someone in five or six games. It's not a given fact that they wanted to redshirt him and bungled the counting.

I don’t think it’s that they played him in 5 or 6 games that is the problem, it’s that he only got a couple of snaps in each of those games that’s the issue. What was the purpose of that and what did it accomplish besides burning his redshirt? 

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

This is old info. Came out weeks ago. 

Just another AU hit piece. Yay! 

I brought up his botched redshirt back in October I believe, but the statements from his family is new, is it not?

Haha. So now we're just calling the dude's mom a liar to protect Gus? Nice. 

Also, notice that our recently departed OC understood the situation and it was another coach who said that they wanted to redshirt Asa after it was too late. 

“I had already reached out to the coaching staff to question about his redshirt before he played in the Mississippi State game, because I knew he had already played four games,” Harris said.

That person she spoke to was then-offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey. He allegedly told her that Martin would play in that Mississippi State game and be a factor on the offense going forward this season — and the topic of a redshirt was ended.

“After the Mississippi State game is when another assistant coach said that he wanted to redshirt Asa,” Harris said. “At this point, he had played five games."

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Haha. So now we're just calling the dude's mom a liar to protect Gus? Nice. 

Not necessarily. I believe her and I believe her feelings are sincere. I don’t believe that our staff looks away from our players interests though. A misunderstanding.Maybe momma worm can tell us if she still trusts our staff with her son though. I know she said she did before the season.

I think some people in this site are new to this game. Those of us that have lived in the state for a long time know how it works. The Alabama media will never do auburn any favors. 

I am not saying that we did not royally screw this up. We did. I am saying that everyone knew this a long time ago. Now that everyone is piling on Auburn you are going to see these hit pieces continue. Get ready to see stories about all of the transfers from Sept this past year. 

Now is the time to pile on AU when we are down. And boy are we down right now. 

14 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Read this article closely. There is no comment from (or apparent effort to reach) the AU coaching staff. This is taking place right in the heart of recruiting season. This is irresponsible, bullcrap journalism that suggests AU's coaching staff doesn't give a crap about it's players.

My bad...read before I speak. I couldn't scroll down far enough to see additional comments regarding reaching out to the coaching staff.

41 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I am not saying that we did not royally screw this up. We did. I am saying that everyone knew this a long time ago. Now that everyone is piling on Auburn you are going to see these hit pieces continue. Get ready to see stories about all of the transfers from Sept this past year.

I agree that the media does us no favors, but the reason we are seeing this article is because Asa’s family has now weighed in on the situation.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I asked her during the time frame of tbe Maryland player dying under the coaches watch.

i don't think that is a part of not trusting gus...on that ground, yes, i would trust him and the staff completely.....i do think the man cares about his players and vice versa

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

i don't think that is a part of not trusting gus...on that ground, yes, i would trust him and the staff completely.....i do think the man cares about his players and vice versa

Player safety obviously falls under the umbrella of the players interests.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Did you read the article? Did you know Gus is in an even bigger doghouse? 

Why, yes I did.  Didn't see any mention of Gus being in trouble over screwing up Asa's redshirt.

WTH does that have to do with my comment? 

I actually chuckled at this part of the article:

Malzahn said Martin “has a role for us.” Lindsey said, “we have some runs for Asa.”

Martin did not serve a real on-field role. He had just one meaningful rush attempt the rest of the season.

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Player safety obviously falls under the umbrella of the players interests.

In my opinion, there is a huge difference in trusting the staff to have her son’s health and safety a priority and trusting that the staff is putting her son in the best situation to be successful on the football field.

7 minutes ago, lurtz said:

Why, yes I did.  Didn't see any mention of Gus being in trouble over screwing up Asa's redshirt.

WTH does that have to do with my comment? 

You did see Asa’s momma say that she felt the coaches were not looking after her son’s interests. 

What makes you think momma worm would say something that would put Gus in trouble. That’s random. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Lastly can’t wait to hear what kind of repurcussions y’all think Asa will be facing. Does he need to keep his mom on a leash? 

You are assuming Asa will still be at AU next year? I bet he and his family ask the NCAA to get his redshirt year back and transfers. IMO. 

Archived