Take it for what it is worth

DAG

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You are assuming Asa will still be at AU next year? I bet he and his family ask the NCAA to get his redshirt year back and transfers. IMO. 

I’m assuming status quo for now. I thought Auburn was asking tbe NCAA for tbe redshirt back? 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Has Gus owned this? Has he been asked about it by media and if so what was his response?  I’m just curious since he is supposed to be this fine upstanding man. I would assume he has come out and taken full responsibility for this?

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is perfect. This is 100% perfect. Tagging @fredst and @GwillMac6 just to make sure they don't miss out on this premium gif usage.

I want to leave a Yelp review for this gif and say that it's good for families AND couples, has free parking and wheelchair access, and is conveniently located near all the major attractions.

DD3D0FEB-2D04-4D79-AEAC-F66179C0E93B.gif

This level of incompetence from our staff is exactly why we should be able to make a firing next year without looking bad to prospective coaches--WE ARE PAYING $7 MILLION A YEAR FOR THIS $H!T!

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

Smh at this. This is just pathetic, and sitting aroundand acting like this didn't happen like it will magically go away sounds EXACTLY like this coaching staff is known for

Too bad we can't just sit around and have Gus magically dissappear

I really wish this Asa red-shirt issue wouldn't have been true.  I'd hoped since the MSU game that it was nothing more than a mis-calculation on the staffs part and it would work out ok.  Now we see the parent/coaches had open dialog about the player with the coaches even addressing it publicly.  

Seriously, does stuff like this go on all over college football and I'm just too tuned into AU that I don't notice it?  Is this type negligence on the part of a coaching staff this common?

Some of this also fall back on the "we're going to have a play package for X" problem.

I imagine that might've had something to do with that miscalculation. Of course he could hold on to that redshirt should he get injured too.

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

I really wish this Asa red-shirt issue wouldn't have been true.  I'd hoped since the MSU game that it was nothing more than a mis-calculation on the staffs part and it would work out ok.  Now we see the parent/coaches had open dialog about the player with the coaches even addressing it publicly.  

Seriously, does stuff like this go on all over college football and I'm just too tuned into AU that I don't notice it?  Is this type negligence on the part of a coaching staff this common?

We have a very special coaching staff here at AU.

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

Good question. However, when me, myself and I discuss whether or not Gus deserves the benefit of the doubt in these situations, we agree that the answer is no. It used to be yes, but after having to have these conversations with each other multiple times every season, we came around to a different way of thinking. 

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good question. However, when me, myself and I discuss whether or not Gus deserves the benefit of the doubt in these situations, we agree that the answer is no. It used to be yes, but after having to have these conversations with each other multiple times every season, we came around to a different way of thinking. 

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You are assuming Asa will still be at AU next year? I bet he and his family ask the NCAA to get his redshirt year back and transfers. IMO. 

WDE,

From a contractual standpoint, if this happened with Asa regarding the handling of the redshirt could that be considered negligence??   Enough to get out of a buyout perhaps?

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Not necessarily. I believe her and I believe her feelings are sincere. I don’t believe that our staff looks away from our players interests though. A misunderstanding.Maybe momma worm can tell us if she still trusts our staff with her son though. I know she said she did before the season.

I think that every parent should be concerned about their child's future and I understand his mothers concerns wholeheartedly. To be honest its a little scary because I am one that is a stickler of honesty & being real.  I'm not sure if I can answer that question at this time to be honest in regards to my feelings surrounding my son. 

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Is this type negligence on the part of a coaching staff this common?

kess, it almost looks like it could have been deliberate, but that is based on just one side of the story....would like to hear the other side of the gustake, but we won't

4 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I think that every parent should be concerned about their child's future and I understand his mothers concerns wholeheartedly. To be honest its a little scary because I am one that is a stickler of honesty & being real.  I'm not sure if I can answer that question at this time to be honest in regards to my feelings surrounding my son. 

All that needs to be said, Momma. 👍

6 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

under aboslutely NO circumstances do you comment.....for ya'lls own good!.....its best that way and i think we can glean some things on our own

6 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I agree. 

7 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Since I didn’t know how busy you would be with the holiday season coming up, I just wanted to let you know (in case things get busy), that I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year!

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

under aboslutely NO circumstances do you comment.....for ya'll own good!

First off...I'm going to be as nice as possible in my response to you because its obvious you don't understand who I am & what I stand for..... So That's your opinion. I can say what I feel. Who are you tell me what I can & cant say. Furthermore,  I said nothing against anyone, I advised that I chose not to comment in regards to my son, however, I understand the frustration from his family. Auburn brought us together as a family and when someone hurts I feel the effect of it. NOBODY tells me what I can & cant say at any school. & for the record if my son is penalized because I feel sorry for Asa's parents than the Auburn family isn't what I thought it was. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Since I didn’t know how busy you would be with the holiday season coming up, I just wanted to let you know (in case things get busy), that I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year!

Thank you very much and the same to you & yours. #WarEagle

2 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

That's your opinion. I can say what I feel. Who are you tell me what I can & cant say. Furthermore,  I said nothing against anyone, I advised that I chose not to comment in regards to my son, however, I understand the frustration from his family. 

what i meant was it would get picked up and blown out of proportion by the media

Just now, doverstutts said:

what i meant was it would get picked up and blown out of proportion by the media

& again all I said was that I understand his mothers frustrations. I don't recall being placed on mute. Auburn brought us together as a family and I understand how she feels. That could have been my son & there isn't a soul that can keep me quiet about him. So again my heart goes out to his entire family. 

24 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

That's your opinion. I can say what I feel. Who are you tell me what I can & cant say. Furthermore,  I said nothing against anyone, I advised that I chose not to comment in regards to my son, however, I understand the frustration from his family. 

I’ve noticed long ago that you have the ability to talk and make others understand what you wish you could say without saying anything or too much at all. That is very impressive. You may not remember, but I also asked about coaching staff silly stories and things of that nature. I guess because I’m outside of an arm’s reach away, I find the inside stories more fascinating. So I appreciate you always sharing what you can.

You don’t have to answer if you can’t (of course) but I do have another question:  I was surprised at the level of communication that goes on between parents and coaches mid-season in the article. Is that about the norm at tbe Auburn? Do parents usually have access to coaches? 

Archived