Take it for what it is worth

DAG

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

You are straight up calling Asa's mother a liar. You do realize that don't you?

I don't have any idea who said what and I don't intend to call anyone a liar.. All I can go by is actions and the action of playing someone in six games is a pretty good indicator that the idea of redshirting him was dropped, if it ever existed.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't have any idea who said what and I don't intend to call anyone a liar.. All I can go by is actions and the action of playing someone in six games is a pretty good indicator that the idea of redshirting him was dropped, if it ever existed.

There are direct quotes from Asa's mother. It's not like the report says that an unnamed player had his redshirt burned and an unnamed parent says this or that. Then you would have a defense on your stance. But that isn't what it says. It says Asa directly. It also says Asa's parents names and gives DIRECT QUOTES from his mother.. It's CLEAR who said what. So you ARE calling her a liar. Directly calling her one

And it sure seems like that perhaps the coaching staff got an answer back about trying to get Asa's redshirt back. Which is why he played in his last game. Either that or they just figured out they are idiots and there was no way they would get the redshirt back, and said oh well...

There simply is no excuse for the incompetence, likewise there is no excuse for people defending said incompetence. Although it's not at all surprising when you consider the people doing the defending.. 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

There simply is no excuse for the incompetence, likewise there is no excuse for people defending said incompetence

However, you think it's OK to accuse people of incompetence when you have no idea of what the facts of the situation are. Rational thought says there is more to this story. I do understand that many here aren't rational when it comes to the coaching staff, so irrational thought is no surprise.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You are straight up calling Asa's mother a liar. You do realize that don't you?

He is but he will deny it.

There simply is no excuse for the incompetence, likewise there is no excuse for people defending said incompetence. Although it's not at all surprising when you consider the people doing the defending.. 

It is incompetence but then again, it’s a new rule. It’s still bad but I could also see it happening elsewhere. As for the game, where Martin was only in for one play that resulted in a penalty, I’m not sure how they NCAA considers that participation. Aren’t penalized plays considered negated? Maybe the staff thought they’d win this appeal...until they didn’t and then he played in a sixth game as a non factor. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

However, you think it's OK to accuse people of incompetence when you have no idea of what the facts of the situation are. Rational thought says there is more to this story. I do understand that many here aren't rational when it comes to the coaching staff, so irrational thought is no surprise.

1. I am accusing someone of being incompetent. I didn't lay it on the feet of Gus, Chip, or Horton. The fact is burning his redshirt was incompetence. And one of the 3 is... If the shoe fits... 

2. Asa's mother made it EXTREMELY CLEAR what the facts are.

3. I have been very rational when it comes to Gus and my posts prove that. I have said a number of times the extension made sense last year when Arkansas was coming after Gus. Anyone who says they weren't after him wasn't paying attention. The coaching carousel had all but run it's course. Had we not signed him to the extension, we would of been in terrible shape. The buyout is completely ludicrous, but the extension was warranted and needed. 

But at what point does being rational about the coaching staff stop being rational? At what point does "being rational" about the coaching staff become defense at all measure? Because defending this redshirt mishap is just that, defending a mishap. At what point does "being rational" about the coaching staff stop being rational? How many times does Gus have to lose to Coach O before it isn't rational defending him? How many seasons with 4 losses or more does it stop "being rational" defending him? How many other redshirts need to be burned for a handful of snaps through out the entire season before the only "rational" decision is to call it the incompetence that it is?

Being rational is a relative term. Being rational only works for so long until its nothing other than defending mediocrity. 

The being rational excuse only works for so long. It only works for so long when our two biggest rivals have flown past us while we wallow in mediocrity. One can only lose to Coach O so many times before the ONLY rational thing to do is to stop defending him. 

But you are gonna do what you are gonna do. Just like some of the others in your camp. But your camp keeps getting smaller by the day.

It seems pretty clear there is only one "rational" side to this discussion. There is one  rational side  and there is the defend at ALL COSTS side. 

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It is incompetence but then again, it’s a new rule. It’s still bad but I could also see it happening elsewhere. As for the game, where Martin was only in for one play that resulted in a penalty, I’m not sure how they NCAA considers that participation. Aren’t penalized plays considered negated? Maybe the staff thought they’d win this appeal...until they didn’t and then he played in a sixth game as a non factor. 

I'd be interested in knowing how many other redshirts were wasted this season because their coaches had trouble counting to 5? I'd be interested in knowing of other parents who actively talked to the coaching staff about redshirting yet the staff still wasted away the redshirt, then acted like they knew nothing about it.

I will bet there isn't 5 other players this happened to this season. Especially since they made it EXTREMELY easy. You can play in 4 games. Period. I'd be willing to bet there isn't many this happened to, and at the same time, IF it happened to any other players, I bet that it didn't happen to a single other player in an all time top 15 school. 

It may have happened to other kids. It may have happened at other schools, but I HIGHLY doubt it happened to any other big time program. 

I feel bad for AM and family if he wished to redshirt. He is obviously talented and I’d love to see him develop and become our primary guy. I’d also say, less time at SkyBar might help make that happen, lol.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I feel bad for AM and family if he wished to redshirt. He is obviously talented and I’d love to see him develop and become our primary guy. I’d also say, less time at SkyBar might help make that happen, lol.

You know something about him that we don’t 

I'd be interested in knowing how many other redshirts were wasted this season because their coaches had trouble counting to 5? I'd be interested in knowing of other parents who actively talked to the coaching staff about redshirting yet the staff still wasted away the redshirt, then acted like they knew nothing about it.

I will bet there isn't 5 other players this happened to this season. Especially since they made it EXTREMELY easy. You can play in 4 games. Period. I'd be willing to bet there isn't many this happened to, and at the same time, IF it happened to any other players, I bet that it didn't happen to a single other player in an all time top 15 school. 

It may have happened to other kids. It may have happened at other schools, but I HIGHLY doubt it happened to any other big time program. 

You didn’t even address the whole appeal thing (that I talked of) which may have been the whole issue, so okay. I choose to believe our coaches can count to five. That’s quite the limb I know.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

There are direct quotes from Asa's mother. It's not like the report says that an unnamed player had his redshirt burned and an unnamed parent says this or that. Then you would have a defense on your stance. But that isn't what it says. It says Asa directly. It also says Asa's parents names and gives DIRECT QUOTES from his mother.. It's CLEAR who said what. So you ARE calling her a liar. Directly calling her one

And it sure seems like that perhaps the coaching staff got an answer back about trying to get Asa's redshirt back. Which is why he played in his last game. Either that or they just figured out they are idiots and there was no way they would get the redshirt back, and said oh well...

Pointing out that there are always 2 sides to any conflict does not equate to calling someone a liar. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED and that includes all of you who are so quick to condemn. No one is defending incompetence just because they would like to know more before forming an opinion. 

FYI....."direct quotes" don't make one side of a story any more valid than the other side. It just means that those are supposed to be a person's exact words. And no that doesn't mean I'm calling her a liar. I have no way of knowing if what she says is the truth or a fabrication or a little of both, so I'm not going to form an opinion either way. Obviously she is unhappy and made her complaint public knowledge.

Not really. Have people semi-connected in Auburn who relay some of the stuff they see and hear. It’s all a little bit heresay but they are trustworthy and usually pretty accurate. Auburn’s a small town, no getting around those dynamics (responding to @aujeff11)

41 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Pointing out that there are always 2 sides to any conflict does not equate to calling someone a liar. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED and that includes all of you who are so quick to condemn. No one is defending incompetence just because they would like to know more before forming an opinion. 

FYI....."direct quotes" don't make one side of a story any more valid than the other side. It just means that those are supposed to be a person's exact words. And no that doesn't mean I'm calling her a liar. I have no way of knowing if what she says is the truth or a fabrication or a little of both, so I'm not going to form an opinion either way. Obviously she is unhappy and made her complaint public knowledge.

So quick to condemn? Yet you call everyone who disagrees with you ignorant and naive. Haha. It could be as simple as a miscommunication . If so, Auburn should’ve at least told the parents that as it is apparent they never truly got any feedback about it, otherwise they would have never went this route.

Just to guess the real possible explanation.... I'll take a stab. Asa was thought by many to be our most talented RB(potential due to measurables and rankings). by fans and coaches. Asa did not perform as well as Boobie and Worm and Malik and maybe Kam in practice and workouts. We, us fans don't see practice. This is not a slam on Asa. He is 18 years old or therabouts. He might have turned it on towards the mid-latter part of his freshman run. (like my favorite RB cadillac) All players, hell all people develop differently at different paces. Maybe the staff had no plans to redshirt him because they hoped to see him grow into a bigger role. This didn't happen. But i don't assume they just lost count of games he entered and lied about it. 

54 minutes ago, alexava said:

Maybe the staff had no plans to redshirt him because they hoped to see him grow into a bigger role. This didn't happen. But i don't assume they just lost count of games he entered and lied about it. 

Asa's mom directly says this is not the case. But sure you guys can continue blaming this on everything but the coaching staff. 

When Asa transfers away, guess y'all will be saying things like "he was lazy," "we didn't need him," "he was in over his head," "he had attitude problems," "he wasn't that good," or "he never transitioned to the college game." Like everyone likes saying about everyone who transfers out. 

None of that changes a single thing. NONE OF IT. The coaches screwed up big time, and they are now being called out by Asa's parents... You think Asa's parents would throw the coaching staff under the bus like this if it wasn't true?!? You think she would put her son in that position? There is NO WAY she would do that. She is pissed and I don't blame her one bit. 

Its ASTOUNDING you people are so naive to think this is just BS reporting. Asa's family wouldn't of out right called out the staff if it wasn't true. How y'all can believe there's no way it could be true when his mother is BLATANTLY calling them out is beyond me. 

Talk about defending at all costs... I'm sorry but I 100% believe Asa's mother. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY she would say the things she said if it weren't true. 

Now he will most likely transfer. GREAT JOB coaching staff! He will be yet another extremely highly rated recruit that transfers away.... BTW (assuming Asa transfers) this is a prime example of Gus bringing in top 10 talent only to have it not on the roster shortly after.

Well he just transferred. Yeah it's just BS reporting. There is no truth to it. LolololololololololololololoL 

You people defending this crap should be ashamed of yourselves. 

I'm at a loss for words. 

But that's Gus. Brings in top 10 talent only to waste it away. But sure y'all stay all up on his Johnson because he recruits better than any Auburn coach in history. In fact, Gus has wasted away more talent than most Auburn coaches ever get.

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'm sorry but I 100% believe Asa's mother. 

I actually believe her; I think she genuinely believes Malzahn didn’t have Asa’s interests. Doesn’t mean that’s the case at all though...

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You people defending this crap should be ashamed of yourselves.

You’re my guy. You know it’s not this serious. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I actually believe her; I think she genuinely believes Malzahn didn’t have Asa’s interests. Doesn’t mean that’s the case at all though...

Yes it does Jeff. He may have had his best interest as far as his health and schooling goes, but he ABSOLUTELY DID NOT have Asa's best interest at heart as far as his career goes

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You’re my guy. You know it’s not this serious. 

But it kinda is. 

Its just one thing after another that shows this staff has NO BUSINESS being in big time college football. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

But it kinda is. 

Its just one thing after another that shows this staff has NO BUSINESS being in big time college football. 

The good thing is he still has a redshirt to burn while he’s ineligible to play. Gus’s plan all along. :)

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think this is fair. You can have your player's best interests at heart, and still drop the ball. I don't know about the former, but someone definitely made a mistake here.

Archived