Take it for what it is worth

DAG

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Asa's mom directly says this is not the case. But sure you guys can continue blaming this on everything but the coaching staff. 

When Asa transfers away, guess y'all will be saying things like "he was lazy," "we didn't need him," "he was in over his head," "he had attitude problems," "he wasn't that good," or "he never transitioned to the college game." Like everyone likes saying about everyone who transfers out. 

None of that changes a single thing. NONE OF IT. The coaches screwed up big time, and they are now being called out by Asa's parents... You think Asa's parents would throw the coaching staff under the bus like this if it wasn't true?!? You think she would put her son in that position? There is NO WAY she would do that. She is pissed and I don't blame her one bit. 

Its ASTOUNDING you people are so naive to think this is just BS reporting. Asa's family wouldn't of out right called out the staff if it wasn't true. How y'all can believe there's no way it could be true when his mother is BLATANTLY calling them out is beyond me. 

Talk about defending at all costs... I'm sorry but I 100% believe Asa's mother. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY she would say the things she said if it weren't true. 

Now he will most likely transfer. GREAT JOB coaching staff! He will be yet another extremely highly rated recruit that transfers away.... BTW (assuming Asa transfers) this is a prime example of Gus bringing in top 10 talent only to have it not on the roster shortly after.

You need to seriously chill. I didnt post anything that is against anything said by Asa's Mom. Im not naive at all. I am not so godam blinded by hate that i can't see a misunderstanding is possible. 

She said Chip had plans to use him going fwd. "Another coach" who is not named said they "wanted" to redshirt him. "wanted" could be present or past tense and then we don't know the context that statement was made in. You need to check yourself.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

but he ABSOLUTELY DID NOT have Asa's best interest at heart as far as his career goes

I cringe at such absolute talk tbh.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

The good thing is he still has a redshirt to burn while he’s ineligible to play. Gus’s plan all along. :)

I will apologize in advance that I can't find the humor in ANY of this... 

I'm am so pissed off my blood is boiling right now. RB is a position of need. This season showed us that. And they ran off our highest ceiling back... 

I'm seriously about to be done with Auburn football until that goon is no longer employed by Auburn University.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

You need to seriously chill. I didnt post anything that is against anything said by Asa's Mom. Im not naive at all. I am not so godam blinded by hate that i can't see a misunderstanding is possible. 

She said Chip had plans to use him going fwd. "Another coach" who is not named said they "wanted" to redshirt him. "wanted" could be present or past tense and then we don't know the context that statement was made in. You need to check yourself.

Alexava, yes I quoted you, but I took my frustration from other posters out on you. I sincerely apologize about that. 

A good portion of that entire post wasn't even directed at you even though you were quoted

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Alexava, yes I quoted you, but I took my frustration from other posters out on you. I sincerely apologize about that. 

A good portion of that entire post wasn't even directed at you even though you were quoted

No worries. I got my dose of Losartan this morning.😎

@alexava to be honest the only part directed at you was the very first part. The part that said Asa's mother says that's not the case. Everything after blaming it on everything but the staff wasn't directed at you in the slightest.

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'm am so pissed off my blood is boiling right now. RB is a position of need. This season showed us that. And they ran off our highest ceiling back... 

I'm seriously about to be done with Auburn football until that goon is no longer employed by Auburn University.

I've been there for months 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think this is fair. You can have your player's best interests at heart, and still drop the ball. I don't know about the former, but someone definitely made a mistake here.

Yep. Someone did. And this mistake seems to have made its way across many sites and blogs. This can only make our case to the outsiders that think we are just crazy tards firing people just to try and keep up with Bama and Georgia. At least we can say “now you see what we been putting up with” And they be like “uh huh.”

Silver linings and stuff

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

@alexava to be honest the only part directed at you was the very first part. The part that said Asa's mother says that's not the case. Everything after blaming it on everything but the staff wasn't directed at you in the slightest.

People are pissed. Sometimes parents get overly protective when their children's interests are at stake. I'm a parent. I get it. Asa was expected to come in here as the prototypical dominant all purpose RB and carry on the 1000yard producing string. (probably as much by fans as his own family)He wasn't ready. Dude was fifth string. No coach will leave a sure nuff studd on the sidelines and struggle in the running game as we did. The coaches are not going to say they are disapointed or bad mouth him. They needed the bodies and i think they felt he would be needed and produce eventually. I can't see them intentionally ruin a redshirt. I say it's possible but not likely they accidentally burned it. What i think happened is his mom reads the constant ripping on Gus, the frustration sets in on players and family. then the media tries to pounce on everything they can. I think its overblown, intentionally overblown. Ceretain people are enjoying this and some will read this very thread. we are not by any means a "family" like most have claimed.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

There is no way this happens if he had any care about Asa's career 

I still disagree. I still wonder about the game that they thought might not count.

Besides....This is nothing compared to Ryan Davis’s lost redshirt mainly over a singular trick play against Arkansas. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

People are pissed. Sometimes parents get overly protective when their children's interests are at stake. I'm a parent. I get it. Asa was expected to come in here as the prototypical dominant all purpose RB and carry on the 1000yard producing string. (probably as much by fans as his own family)He wasn't ready. Dude was fifth string. No coach will leave a sure nuff studd on the sidelines and struggle in the running game as we did. The coaches are not going to say they are disapointed or bad mouth him. They needed the bodies and i think they felt he would be needed and produce eventually. I can't see them intentionally ruin a redshirt. I say it's possible but not likely they accidentally burned it. What i think happened is his mom reads the constant ripping on Gus, the frustration sets in on players and family. then the media tries to pounce on everything they can. I think its overblown, intentionally overblown. Ceretain people are enjoying this and some will read this very thread. we are not by any means a "family" like most have claimed.

So...  We thought it might be Gus' fault, but turns out it's the fans' fault again.  Gotcha.  

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

So...  We thought it might be Gus' fault, but turns out it's the fans' fault again.  Gotcha.  

Not plural. Your fault. 

Just now, AURealist said:

if it suits your fancy to blame Gus, go ahead. Just make sure you touched your bases. Many of you haven't.

If you don't think the media is not going to pounce on this frustration you are crazy.

Just now, alexava said:

if it suits your fancy to blame Gus, go ahead. Just make sure you touched your bases. Many of you haven't.

If you don't think the media is not going to pounce on this frustration you are crazy.

The media jumps on us no matter what.  When we do stupid things, even more so.   

10 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

So Gus is being paid 7 million year for doing bone headed crap like burning Asa's redshirt year.

Well...  going 7-5 and losing to Tenn.  But...  yeah.   

41 minutes ago, alexava said:

If you've cited our need for depth as the reason for Asa to burn a year of football by walking onto the field for one touchless penalty snap, you're crazy.

18 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

If you've cited our need for depth as the reason for Asa to burn a year of football by walking onto the field for one touchless penalty snap, you're crazy.

We had two guys ahead of him that’s been here for years but never produced much. One guy ahead of him that was day to day most of the season. I don’t think it was a stretch to think he might get significant playing time one way or another during the first third of the season. I have seen no indication that anyone planned to redshirt him prior to that touchless snap 

1) Boobie

2) K. Martin

3) Shivers

4) Miller

5) A. Martin

So... #1 is SEC quality. #2 had his shot and lost it. #3 kind of unknown at this point. Showed flashes during his limited playing time. Can he carry the ball 20+ x's/game? Don't know. #4 likely needs to shave about 1-1.5 seconds off his 40 time, leaving #5 who has transferred. Hope we stay healthy this year...

17 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

None of that changes a single thing. NONE OF IT. The coaches screwed up big time, and they are now being called out by Asa's parents... You think Asa's parents would throw the coaching staff under the bus like this if it wasn't true?!? You think she would put her son in that position? There is NO WAY she would do that. She is pissed and I don't blame her one bit. 

Its ASTOUNDING you people are so naive to think this is just BS reporting. Asa's family wouldn't of out right called out the staff if it wasn't true. How y'all can believe there's no way it could be true when his mother is BLATANTLY calling them out is beyond me. 

I see you haven't been involved in coaching or teaching for the last 20 years. The families of kids running 5th string or getting F's on their reports are seldom happy. They tend to see see things through a certain light that's different from reality. Just recently I was standing close enough to hear a father and mother tell the coach of a team that was 10-1 that the reason he lost so many games was because their 3rd string DB son didn't get to play enough. Such blindness has been a sad part of the world we live in for several years now.

I put this at 5% likely that the coaches made a mistake, 95% likely that there's more to the story. For obvious reasons the staff will never tell their side to the public.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I see you haven't been involved in coaching or teaching for the last 20 years. The families of kids running 5th string or getting F's on their reports are seldom happy. They tend to see see things through a certain light that's different from reality. Just recently I was standing close enough to hear a father and mother tell the coach of a team that was 10-1 that the reason he lost so many games was because their 3rd string DB son didn't get to play enough. Such blindness has been a sad part of the world we live in for several years now.

I put this at 5% likely that the coaches made a mistake, 95% likely that there's more to the story. For obvious reasons the staff will never tell their side to the public.

The coaches are in charge Mikey, unless you think the players get to decide how much they get to play and how they're used? You don't waste a year of a player's eligibility if he's buried on the depth chart. You don't play a kid you don't think is good enough and only play him for 15 meaningless plays in 5 games and burn his redshirt. 

Dabo didn't burn Kelly Bryant's year of eligibility. He only played in 4 games and then he named Trevor Lawrence the starter. He made sure he didn't screw up Bryant's eligibility. But the new rule must be too complicated for our coaches to figure out or stay on top of.

On 12/8/2018 at 3:30 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

About 70% of the fanbase is at this point.

Archived