Father Fighting to Save Six-year-old Son From Gender Reassignment

TitanTiger

On 12/6/2018 at 10:22 PM, TitanTiger said:

There are a few things troubling about this.  First, is something we've discussed before - even if you believe that the kid is driving this, there is significant evidence that a large majority of them do not persist with these feelings into adolescence or adulthood.

That's expected and the treatment plan for pediatric gender dysphoria is actually geared for if that occurs. The main thing is to avoid presumptions about future gender identity. You can't fix a troubled kid like you would fix a carburetor.

If the child is dysphoric, and every medical professional, including the one dispatched by the court, says they are, taking the "stamp it out, he's a boy and that's that" approach really needs to be avoided.

It's irresponsible to be pushing this on a kid or thinking about chemical castration or hormone blockers at such a young age.

They only said they would discuss it if it got to that point. It's simply "on the table," as it should be.

There's no concrete plan for delaying puberty as of now. The "chemical castration" bit was bull**** from the start. 

But when you couple that with the other aspects of this, it's worse.  The child's transition therapist isn't seeing the criteria of "consistent, insistent, and persistent" with James identifying as a girl.  The mother started dressing James as a girl and calling him "Luna" at 3 years old and yet even as the age of 6, he's not consistently and persistently identifying this way?  He insists on wearing boy clothes when at his dad's and it's only when the mom is around on therapists visits that he points to Luna as his preferred name?  Something there is fishy.  

There's the account from a family friend about how James behaves when with them and playing with their boys:

Don't buy everything the dad is selling. He's a known con-man. I would hardly trust him with a dog, much less a child. Don't believe the mother either for all I care.

Read what the therapists are saying, and only that. Everything seems to be on the up and up for treating a dysphoric child from what they've put on paper. 

This doesn't strike me as a child who is confused about what gender he is or wants to be. 

You're reading skewed perspectives and buying them. Given the arguments we've had about GID, this isn't particularly shocking. 

Finally, it's this muzzling of the father when he's with his child.  The dad is enjoined by the court from talking with James about the issue from his perspective on it.  But the mother is given free rein to encourage him to believe he's a girl.

The father's approach is wrong. Treatment for dysphoria, and I know this will sound crazy to you, is about affirmation and acceptance while the child figures it out for themselves. 

I know these threads tend to get heated.  I hope we can discuss this maturely.  There aren't a lot of reports on this right now outside of the ones I've provided above, so there could be more facts to shed some light on this, or corrections to what's being said right now.  But as it stands, this seems like a crazy miscarriage of justice for the father and the boy.

I don't know what to think of the mother, but I'm not really keen on trusting the father on this one. 

I'll default to the medical professionals treating or examining the child, and only them. 

A good 5 minute video from the couple who started the Save James site and have spent a LOT of time with the child.  Outside of the mother and father, they are probably the closest people to this situation and have seen the child interact with their kids and themselves (over 150 hours over the past year - on average, like getting to hang out with him in relaxed, family situations twice a week for an hour and a half each time for 52 straight weeks.)  They give a good, reasoned explanation of what the ruling did and didn't do.  I'll say having watched it, they seem to be very calm, rational, fair-minded people.

Archived