The State of the program

logan adams

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

Sticking a couple of years with Gus will show potential HC that the new Auburn leadership will no longer overreact to a bad season. 

have you spent the last 4 years in the congo or the rain forest of the amazon?....you're out of touch, man

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AURealist said:

Briles is off the table because the rumor mill has convicted him of running a rape gang.  

Gus loses to Purdue and we fire him.  We hire Harbaugh or Brohm. 

If Auburn can overcome the Gus Factor and beat Purdue,  we fire him after next year's 7-5 performance. 

No more talk of 2+ more years of this mess. 

Has anyone ever fired a coach based on the outcome of a December 28th bowl? Just fire him now. The Purdue game means nothing.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Has anyone ever fired a coach based on the outcome of a December 28th bowl? Just fire him now. The Purdue game means nothing.

A man can dream, can't he?  

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I would bet Gus feels the same way, but Brohm doesn’t.  Besides, if there’s a way to get fired after the bowl game, Gus could do it.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would bet Gus feels the same way, but Brohm doesn’t.  Besides, if there’s a way to get fired after the bowl game, Gus could do it.

It would make no sense from the administration's standpoint. Bowls like this are primarily for young players to get practice time and to build momentum for next season. To let Gus coach the bowl then fire him would cap off the absolute worst offseason management in college football history.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It would make no sense from the administration's standpoint. Bowls like this are primarily for young players to get practice time and to build momentum for next season. To let Gus coach the bowl then fire him would cap off the absolute worst offseason management in college football history.

How’s the administration doing so far?  There’s always hope. 

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Perfect.  Let's do it.  

4 hours ago, AURealist said:

Briles is off the table because the rumor mill has convicted him of running a rape gang.  

Gus loses to Purdue and we fire him.  We hire Harbaugh or Brohm. 

If Auburn can overcome the Gus Factor and beat Purdue,  we fire him after next year's 7-5 performance. 

No more talk of 2+ more years of this mess. 

I can picture you with your fingers in your ears screaming "LA LA LA LA" at the computer screen.  I know you hate hearing what you are actually thinking.  But I tell you what.... lets both copy and paste our back and forth and revisit in 3 years.

48 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

have you spent the last 4 years in the congo or the rain forest of the amazon?....you're out of touch, man

Gee thanks, that wasn't even my post and your telling me that I'm out of touch. That was a quoted post in my response. Thanks anyway. 

Just now, countoff said:

I can picture you with your fingers in your ears screaming "LA LA LA LA" at the computer screen.  I know you hate hearing what you are actually thinking.  But I tell you what.... lets both copy and paste our back and forth and revisit in 3 years.

I don't take any of this seriously enough for such theatrics.  These posts will be here to read next season. 

Don't misconstrue my posts about Brohm and Harbaugh as any kind of prognostication.  What I posted was what I'd like to see happen going forward.  It's my prescription to cure the Gus that ails us.  It would never happen in a million years because we're Auburn and we're dead set on doing stupid things.  

But Gus being here for 2+ years won't happen because the man is already a pariah.  Keeping him here for 2019 is just some sort of bitter pill we'll all have to swallow and everyone is going to hate the man for it.

Hey AuRealist.

I just reread my post and I think my tone towards you is not reflective of what I really think.  I truly like your posts and I was simply trying to think through what really needs to happen vs what I would like to happen.

Sorry but I think we are in for a long recovery. 

36 minutes ago, countoff said:

Hey AuRealist.

I just reread my post and I think my tone towards you is not reflective of what I really think.  I truly like your posts and I was simply trying to think through what really needs to happen vs what I would like to happen.

Sorry but I think we are in for a long recovery. 

We're totally cool.  I just thought you might have thought I believed we'd do something bold.   

I think we'll only be in for a long recovery if we keep Gus on past next season.  We've got good players and an exciting hire for head coach could minimize any damage to the team.   We'll probably go for an unemployed cast-off, though.  It's just the sort of thing this little pond's big fish are wont to do.

• WarTiger changed the title to The State of the program
4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I think early signing period is playing more than the bowl game. Let’s see what the 15 th brings us

The state of Auburn football summed up in back to back posts on my Facebook timeline. 

5* DB flips commitment from Michigan to Alabama. 

Auburn Freshman RB to transfer after coaches unknowingly burned his redshirt. 

38 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think early signing period is playing more than the bowl game. Let’s see what the 15 th brings us

If we fired our coach on December 16th it would be seen as intentionally deceptive to trap recruits, likely anyone that signed early would be granted a release, and it would scar Auburn's reputation for years.

6 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Nah man. We're stuck with the coach. Might as well relax, make the most of it. Don't need boosters flexing futility out in the open like blowhards, or clickbaiters like Moon starting street riots with the tiniest little well-aimed bits of pseudo-facts. Piss on all of them. When we all relax (support for CGM notwithstanding), Auburn can be the desirable coaching/playing spot that it should be. Let's just be a bad team for a minute and dispense with the chaos. Our time will come to fruition closer to the other end of this contract. Maybe we'll have healed by then. And maybe some outside parameters will have improved to boot. Then it's home-run time. 

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

5* DB flips commitment from Michigan to Alabama. 

They also got a 4* DB flip from aTm .

15 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Nah man. We're stuck with the coach. Might as well relax, make the most of it. Don't need boosters flexing futility out in the open like blowhards, or clickbaiters like Moon starting street riots with the tiniest little well-aimed bits of pseudo-facts. Piss on all of them. When we all relax (support for CGM notwithstanding), Auburn can be the desirable coaching/playing spot that it should be. Let's just be a bad team for a minute and dispense with the chaos. Our time will come to fruition closer to the other end of this contract. Maybe we'll have healed by then. And maybe some outside parameters will have improved to boot. Then it's home-run time. 

This has to be satire.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

This has to be satire.

Sounds more like Jack Daniels talking.

I figure Gus will do a half-ass job next year. Then find himself on the REAL hot seat and actually work and coach his ass off for a season in 2020. He will do very well and get another huge raise and another insane contract extension. Then he will lay back in his hammock and half-ass for as long as he can again. 

8 hours ago, norcuron said:

I figure Gus will do a half-ass job next year. Then find himself on the REAL hot seat and actually work and coach his ass off for a season in 2020. He will do very well and get another huge raise and another insane contract extension. Then he will lay back in his hammock and half-ass for as long as he can again. 

half ass job in 2019 likely means Gus is gone. Period.

Archived