2019 4* Juco OT Bamidele Olaseni

ellitor

OVing AU this weekend
Has an AU offer despite 247 not listing one
12 P5 offers including tOSU, Vols, Huskers, Texas, & Utah
Utah is believed to be the favorite

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Kid from London, England wonder how long he's been playing American football?

Just for you, I'll do a quick search to see if I find anything.

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Kid from London, England wonder how long he's been playing American football?

Couldn't find that answer but he had film from England he sent to teams that got him some of his offers. At 6'8, 330 he is apparently athletic & light on his feet. Can play either tackle spot.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Would he be a “project” or could he contribute right away if needed?

No clue. Everything I have seen about him is already posted in this thread.  However, If Driscoll & Tega stay healthy or Tega doesn't leave after this season. we wouldn't need BO ready to play right away.

17 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m confused. What juco?

Garden City CC. It's on his 247 page but apparently they don't put juco info when people embed from their site.

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Watching that highlight does't tell us much about him. He seems to be called on to block guys 150lbs lighter than he is.

Don't know if it's any better but hear's another one...

2 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

I knew it was only a matter of time before they started dipping into the JUCO ranks here. Glad they're FINALLY doing it. We need depth AND competition on our OL.

Not a finally thing. The staff has been on him a good while. I was just not going to post much on him til he decided to OV.

I like the foreign guys. Seems like when they make the leap over here they ball out. Huge size and if he's light on his feet he could be a force!

Agreed with E he doesn't have to start right away but he could be an animal in a jumbo package.

Bam definitely has the measurables, but If he’s not an early enrollee and won’t be here for spring I’m not optimistic about his contributions in 2019. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Bam definitely has the measurables, but If he’s not an early enrollee and won’t be here for spring I’m not optimistic about his contributions in 2019. 

The staff isn't planning to use him in 2019 barring injury. Their plan is to develop him in 2019 to get him ready to be one of the OTs in 2020 after Tega & Driscoll are gone.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’ve seen a couple tweets that he enjoyed his Auburn visit.  A lot of big hitters on his list.  Where do you think Auburn falls @ellitor?

Can't really say yet. He has 3 OVs left & is a February signee.

• 2 weeks later...

We need help right off the bat. That's why we should dip into the juco ranks and sign a few more offensive limen, linebacks  and either a RB  or a QB.

Long arms. Revive the "Jumbo Package"? Imagine (w/ Phillip Lolley as strength & conditioning coach) big ole Joey Gatewood plowing behind Tega (+ 30 good lbs) & Olaseni on 4th & short!

Archived