Has anything been settled?

AUght2win

Is it too late to can him? Now we can't get Freeze and the Asa redshirt debacle has been proven to be true. Top it off with the fact that BOBBY BENTLEY is the leading OC candidate.

Seriously, it's looking impossibly bad. We never got any sort of word about the finality of this whole saga. Is there still a chance?

Just pull the trigger, even if we can't get a Stoops. Leath first then Gus.

I look at the $32 mil and understand our hesitation. Initially, I agreed with needing a home run lined up before doing it. But not now.

People can't stand Leath (see twitter and look up his mansion expenditures). Gus literally could not have had any worse of an offseason so far. What is one move that could be worse than what is currently happening? We are reaching critical mass.

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Gus is coming back. Just go ahead and accept it. Look forward to seeing Bo Nix. Enjoy basketball. Hope 2020 gets here quick.

NO!

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Gus is not going anywhere this year. 

Has there been any sort of press release or big endorsement? Any explanation of the restructured contract? Since there hasn't, that would make me think it's not over.

How much $ would y’all pay to get some one on one time in a room with Gus and Leath and be able to just go nuts? Like 15 solid minutes of red-in-the-face, spit flying screaming. I’d give a month’s pay without second thought.

I think we are at a point now that I have never seen Auburn football at. It's an accepted discontent. Nobody is happy so just cut the guy loose. Hire UAB's coach and give the fan base some hope.

What is 2019 seriously going to look like with Gus at the helm? Auburn fans are either going to be apathetic or openly against the coach. It's the twilight zone.

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I think we are at a point now that I have never seen Auburn football at. It's an accepted discontent. Nobody is happy so just cut the guy loose. Hire UAB's coach and give the fan base some hope.

What is 2019 seriously going to look like with Gus at the helm? Auburn fans are either going to be apathetic or openly against the coach. It's the twilight zone.

That seems the missing ingredient. Many remember down seasons in Auburn's history, but this is the first elongated, inexplicable rollercoaster ride in most posters' memory to follow a recent national championship and an almost. We do have higher standards due to higher hopes... or vice versa...and the continued dashing of hope, more so than expectations, is what I find so problematic.  

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Has there been any sort of press release or big endorsement? Any explanation of the restructured contract? Since there hasn't, that would make me think it's not over.

No endorsement. 

Now if the recruiting class bombs and he can’t hire an Oc and we see more coaches/players leave- things may change. Right now there is no plans to fire him this year. 

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It is indeed an odd time to be an AU fan. 

I don't think folks understand how big of a deal the Asa Martin thing is.

Just imagine the negative recruiting. "You're thinking about Auburn? Where they lost track of a Top 300, Mr. Football runningback and actually blew his redshirt without knowing it? These are the men you want to trust with your son's playing career?"

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

No endorsement. 

Now if the recruiting class bombs and he can’t hire an Oc and we see more coaches/players leave- things may change. Right now there is no plans to fire him this year. 

Are you guessing or plugged in?

14 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

What if Belichick were to retire? Gus to the Pats?

Sure, why not?  He's gotten rich off of Auburn.  He can afford good season tickets to any team.  

35 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Believe it or not we are very close to 2012 inside the program right now. You could see the fuse blow at anytime.

Let's blow the top off this sucker and jump into the coaching carousel before all the ink dries!

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

A part of me seriously hopes the answer to that is "like 2012." I know that's wrong of me to say, but I don't want there to be ANY wiggle room for going through more than one more year of this donkey show. I don't want there to be any doubt, any possibility of us looking bad for showing him the door.

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

A part of me seriously hopes the answer to that is "like 2012." I know that's wrong of me to say, but I don't want there to be ANY wiggle room for going through more than one more year of this donkey show. I don't want there to be any doubt, any possibility of us looking bad for showing him the door.

Image result for donkey show memeImage result for donkey show meme

Archived