August 2019

musicitytiger

6 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

Just before the season starts, dyou think this board will still be this negative?  Can’t say I’ve ever seen it this bad

$49,000,000 for this crap shoot? There are high school coaches on this blog smarter than Gusto. The ineptness of this coach was overshadowed by a few stellar athletes at skill positions, over the last few years. It will be worse next fall, when we see the same old, same old.

56 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

Just before the season starts, dyou think this board will still be this negative?  Can’t say I’ve ever seen it this bad

It was this way in 2016 before we went on our run and then most of the posters you see now disappeared.  Just the way of the world.  

I will be very surprised if a majority of minds forget the very real reasons the "negativity" has erupted and escalated come August.  I believe, regretfully, we have reached a new level of "unprecedented."  From some chain-reaction decisions, there is no turning back.  There is only starting over. 

I think it is rather rabid right now. Fans are taking every thing and acting like it is the end of the world. Hopefully, the really rabid ones will get so disgusted that they will slink away in the night. If not, I guess I'll go. I'm a fixer and would love to see things fixed, but I am not a hater (unless it's Bama). Life's too short to be stuck in a negative way of thinking. Bad for your health...

22 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

Don’t get me wrong, Gus leaves me scratching my head on the regular.  Just never seen so much of the fan base turned.  Weird

I HATE that I feel this way.  It's just too much, too tentacled.  It is RARE that I can't "keep on the sunny side."  I just can't ignore reality and pattern.  My sunny side is a genuine belief that "it's always darkest before the dawn."  Philosophically, hitting rock bottom for an individual or for an organization can often catalyze redemption, speaking outside of football, of course, as well.  That's my sunny 2 cents.  My other is "musicity"...LOVE THAT PLACE!

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

I think it is rather rabid right now. Fans are taking every thing and acting like it is the end of the world. Hopefully, the really rabid ones will get so disgusted that they will slink away in the night. If not, I guess I'll go. I'm a fixer and would love to see things fixed, but I am not a hater (unless it's Bama). Life's too short to be stuck in a negative way of thinking. Bad for your health...

Like the old cliche: When the ship is going down, first thing to jump off are the rats..

6 minutes ago, soblfly said:

Like the old cliche: When the ship is going down, first thing to jump off are the rats..

Last ones to jump off are....dead?

35 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I HATE that I feel this way.  It's just too much, too tentacled.  It is RARE that I can't "keep on the sunny side."  I just can't ignore reality and pattern.  My sunny side is a genuine belief that "it's always darkest before the dawn."  Philosophically, hitting rock bottom for an individual or for an organization can often catalyze redemption, speaking outside of football, of course, as well.  That's my sunny 2 cents.  My other is "musicity"...LOVE THAT PLACE!

I love it here too - but wouldn’t mind if the hordes ceased their migration here:-)

Just now, musicitytiger said:

I love it here too - but wouldn’t mind if the hordes ceased their migration here:-)

That's what I hear!  Perhaps Nash-VEGAS isn't too far off?

Don't know about August, but I can tell you what may be the feeling in September, especially if Gus takes an entire spring, and 90% of fall camp to name a starter at QB. Then plays no less than 5 players at said position in the first meaningful game. Wait, haven't we seen that before? 

Seriously, nothing much will change. The pumpers will still have hope, and the realists will continue to hold Gus accountable for every unexplainable decision both on the field, and in program management. The only thing that will curb the negativity is winning, and frankly given the prior body of evidence expect 4-6 losses next year as well.

12 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

Don’t get me wrong, Gus leaves me scratching my head on the regular.  Just never seen so much of the fan base turned.  Weird

I’ve been an AU fan 45+ years and I guess I can’t remember a time when there was so little hope and enthusiasm about the program. The Barfield years, I wasn’t in Alabama and there was,of course, no internet so maybe I missed it. The transitions from Tuberville and Tot were painful but quick. This definitely “feels” different and makes the performance and retention of Gus more frustrating. Next year already seems likely to be a “zombie” year for the program; hard to muster any excitement now for certain.

14 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

No. It will not stop being negative as long as we keep seeing the same crap over and over. Which means it won't stop until a new staff is in place. The relationship is fractured. Its beyond the point of repair.

Also, you think its bad now, just wait until we start 2-4 next season. There will most likely be blood in the water by October 5th.

I predict the team comes out looking solid and beats Oregon. Just like this year, problems will start showing up even against the lowly teams like Kent St and snowball against A&M and UF.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

I predict the team comes out looking solid and beats Oregon. Just like this year, problems will start showing up even against the lowly teams like Kent St and snowball against A&M and UF.

I don't see it. But maybe. Gus is just lucky he plays Tulane and Kent State between Oregon and A&M. 

Maybe not in Aug, but as the season goes on and continue watching Malzahn coaching this team to another 8-5 record or worse, then yes.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

I’m not sure.I think Gus’ recruiting strategies started to bear ugly fruit this year and next year will be more pronounced. Oregon are hardly world beaters, so I’m not ready to predict a loss there but it’s a tough game on the road and it just gets tougher from there. 

Best thing that can happen to this team and Gus is

1. Dominant bowl win

2.top 10 recruiting class

3. Qbs look sharp at Aday.  I realize it’s Aday but it would help build optimism for next year.  

Archived