Bentley

NorthGATiger

Gus told Bobby that he isn't looking for someone to revamp things and change anything. He made it clear that the offense was not changing. Why are we allowing this guy to have Auburn pay someone $700k to do nothing. Now it is crystal clear why position coaches at lower tier schools are not willing to come here. What a thick skulled hard headed idiot he is.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Gus told Bobby that he isn't looking for someone to revamp things and change anything. He made it clear that the offense was not changing. Why are we allowing this guy to have Auburn pay someone $700k to do nothing. Now it is crystal clear why position coaches at lower tier schools are not willing to come here. What a thick skulled hard headed idiot he is.

JustGusBeingGus.

Time to embrace the horror.

Just exactly how do you know this to be true? Or does it even matter if its true? Do you have any kind of personal relationship with Bentley to know what was told to him? This continuous rumor mill and taking every single shot at Gus, whether he earns it or not, is getting REALLY old. Nothing against you, we are all frustrated, but how do comments like this even help?

I do not blame BB at all in wanting to see his son finish his football career where he is coaching. I thought it might be possible, but family should come before business in this case. I would do the same as BB if I was in the same spot.

Gus should bring in the guy from Bethel Univ. Dearmon I think is his name. He performed a miracle of sorts with a 360 turn around with that school's offense. Gus could get him for $350,000 per year for a 2 year stint or more. I doubt if he is making near that much now at that school. I will check though. Do a good job and he could gain more $$$$.

58 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Just exactly how do you know this to be true? Or does it even matter if its true? Do you have any kind of personal relationship with Bentley to know what was told to him? This continuous rumor mill and taking every single shot at Gus, whether he earns it or not, is getting REALLY old. Nothing against you, we are all frustrated, but how do comments like this even help?

I don't want to post stuff here from pay sites but it is common knowledge there from people who know.

I don’t believe every thing I read. I think “reporting” has gotten to be like sharks in a feeding frenzy.  My philosophy is that if you don’t know it to be true yourself, don’t post it as fact.  If it’s your opinion, state it as your opinion. 

9 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Link or I don’t believe you.

Surely we aren’t getting to the point where so called insiders think they know Gus so well that they know what he’s really doing without actually knowing it. 

8 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I don't want to post stuff here from pay sites but it is common knowledge there from people who know.

It wasn’t Josh Moon was it?

5 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

That doesn’t back up what NGA said though, just that Bentley turned down the offer which was known.  I don’t blame him either wanting to be with his son.  I would most likely do the same.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That doesn’t back up what NGA said though, just that Bentley turned down the offer which was known.  I don’t blame him either wanting to be with his son.  I would most likely do the same.

Just posting the only link I could find. It was news to me that he turned down the job. 

As an aside, if -- I said if -- what NGA said is true, then Gus should just be his own OC. Period. Hire a QB coach. There is absolutely NO reason to hire an OC not to do anything.

This whole situation is just stupid. Leath should be getting blame for it, IMO.

10 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Two of the mods on Auburnsports.com have said the same thing NGT is saying. This info was reported prior to Bobby Bentley, but it certainly applies. They have also said that Gus is is regarded in coaching circles as carrying a casket, meaning he's a dead man walking. Believe this info can be heard on episode 352 or 353 in the rundown podcast. Provides pretty good info and insight.

http://rundown.libsyn.com/

9 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I appreciate the info, but you might want to put an "another source" disclaimer when it isn't first hand. Just a suggestion..

8 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Two of the mods on Auburnsports.com have said the exact same thing NGT is saying. 

The mods at AU sports are good at recruiting (although I think KN is better) but they all lack the inside scoop many times. I am not saying they made it up, but they sometimes get it wrong.

Rant: I am a member of most pay sites. The Auburn rivals board is a vile cesspool of some terrible auburn fans. It makes the Sec Rant look like a church service. There are a few good ones and there is some good inside info if you know who to talk to, but for the most part it has turned into the worst place you could go as an Auburn fan. They openly call out coaches and players with nasty names. They post open messages to recruits and their parents to get them to go to another team because they hate Gus. And the mods just let it go because they also hate Gus. It is embarrassing and shameful. Rant over. 

25 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Two of the mods on Auburnsports.com have said the exact same thing NGT is saying. They have also said that Gus is is regarded in coaching circles as carrying a casket, meaning he's a dead man walking. Believe this info can be heard on episode 352 or 353 in the rundown podcast. Provides pretty good info and insight.

Thanks Doug. It is crazy how some attack when you are just passing along info. If I wasnt sure about it then I would have said something like "rumor is" or "posters are saying"

26 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Believe this info can be heard on episode 352 or 353 in the rundown podcast. Provides pretty good info and insight.

Thank you for posting this. I wish we had a pinned thread with all Auburn football podcast links. I love them and listen to all that I can. So thank you very much for providing me with another source.

If you have more, let me know either here or in a PM since its OT to this thread.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

The mods at AU sports are good at recruiting (although I think KN is better) but they all lack the inside scoop many times. I am not saying they made it up, but they sometimes get it wrong.

Rant: I am a member of most pay sites. The Auburn rivals board is a vile cesspool of some terrible auburn fans. It makes the Sec Rant look like a church service. There are a few good ones and there is some good inside info if you know who to talk to, but for the most part it has turned into the worst place you could go as an Auburn fan. They openly call out coaches and players with nasty names. They post open messages to recruits and their parents to get them to go to another team because they hate Gus. And the mods just let it go because they also hate Gus. It is embarrassing and shameful. Rant over. 

I’m not a member, nor will I be ever again. However, the Bunker can be an entertaining place at times. With that said, JGT and BM do a pretty decent job on the podcast and it’s free. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

It wasn’t Josh Moon was it?

Moon would be my guess.  He probably overheard part of a mumbled conversation between Waffle House waitresses and heard something that wasn't there.

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That's a really, really sad state of affairs. Thanks for sharing that info, as I don't go anywhere but here and the official auburntigers.com site.

It's good to see sources being validated in today's age, but even if this story wasn't, its pretty obvious the only case you were going to get where Gus was going to allow changes was with Freeze. Here, you can blame the BoT, not Gus. Afterwards, anybody else he calls or promotes is just an ends to a means really. 

There's literally not a light at the end of the tunnel as long as these two parties run Auburn and you unfortunately cant fire a board of trustees

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Link or I don’t believe you.

Even with links people will still deny its real. Case in point yesterday about the article with direct quotes from Asa's mom. Links were provided and people still didn't believe it. Not saying you personally Jeff, but it seems lately even with links people still refuse to believe anything after what's happened the last few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Not saying you personally Jeff, but it seems lately even with links people still refuse to believe anything after what's happened the last few weeks

I just have general rules of thumb.

-The truth is somewhere in tbe middle of both sides of the story.

- Things are never as good or bad as it seems.

-Just because it’s in black font on the internet, that doesn’t mean it’s true. 

You know by now that I believe Asa’s mother view of what happened is 100 percent sincerely truthful. But what does she know? All of tbe game planning? Or does she just know what was told to her? 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I just have general rules of thumb.

-The truth is somewhere in tbe middle of both sides of the story.

- Things are never as good or bad as it seems.

-Just because it’s in black font on the internet, that doesn’t mean it’s true. 

You know by now that I believe Asa’s mother view of what happened is 100 percent sincerely truthful. But what does she know? All of tbe game planning? Or does she just know what was told to her? 

I feel ya and of course she only knows what was told to her. And yeah I know you believe her. I was just using that as an example. Although, I just had to put that caveat in there that it wasn't directed at you. Didn't  want another misunderstanding like I went through yesterday, lol

Archived