New OC Hired Kenny Dillingham

auburnphan

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for the generous response. I still can't decide if I was attempting to be humorous about the WRs or not. 

Well, you made a good point about the receivers.  I have  wondered why any decent TE would come to AU.  Maybe they are all playing receiver.

Light bulb moment for me.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From that video he seems to know the plays very well.  He was calling TDs before the QB even threw the ball at least that is the way it appears. If he gives Gus 3 plays to choose from and they are executed to Dilly's preference then this arrangement might produce.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Are we going to talk a little more about his name? "Denny Killingham" is pretty badass. Sounds intimidating. Could be a real asset in recruiting.

I like it, but not sure we want to go with a coach named Denny...

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I don't care if the man's name is Suzi, as long as he can coach up Bo and Joey. 

15 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It's problematic, sure, but I wouldn't say that to Denny Killingham's face. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There is the whole 'Denny Chimes thing, but my opinion really doesn't matter.  Ask Wade Christopher instead.

I hope this guy knows what he is doing. This sounds like the most pointless hire in the history of football to me. I just hope he can recruit to keep something in the cupboards for the next coach.

As I am sure must have been stated by now - it's not like Gus is about to "start calling plays again". Not to mention the O-line has a LONG way to go.

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Forgive if somebody, somewhere already printed or posted this but it looks like Dill was one of Chip Lyndsey's offensive assistants at Arizona State.

Small world.

Especially when Gus is the head coach

Based on the worrisome age comments about KD,  some of you guys must have been real DA's when y'all were 29.  Not me, proud to say. I was an 11-year veteran major taxpayer, husband and father of a 5-year old by then.  Responsibility actually came well before age 30 for most of us...or so I thought.

16 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Based on the worrisome age comments about KD,  some of you guys must have been real DA's when y'all were 29.  Not me, proud to say. I was an 11-year veteran major taxpayer, husband and father of a 5-year old by then.  Responsibility actually came well before age 30 for most of us...or so I thought.

I think the concern is more about experience than responsibility. 

5 hours ago, kdog0405 said:

Did not Gus stop calling plays because it was not working and he was getting killed?  Why would it be different now?  Every DC has read his book and figured out what he is doing.  I believe without him shaking things up, he will fail again. If I know what play he is going to call 90% of the time so does everyone else.  You can say it is about the execution, but if you know what play is coming you got a great chance of stopping it. Hope he looks in the mirror and figures things out.  

Exactly. Looks like the main reason many are happy is that there will be zero questions that Gus is calling the plays. There's not Co-OC that blame can be placed if we still look like DOO DOO on offense. Unless we have another Cam or NM....i don't see how Gus calling the plays is going to be any different when our OC's where basically still running his offense. 

21 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Killingham is 1/4 on your responsibility scale.

50 minutes ago, Barnacle said:
51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't ever look him in the eye

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think the concern is more about experience than responsibility. 

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

Killingham is 1/4 on your responsibility scale.

Two down...:rollin:

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Are we going to talk a little more about his name? "Denny Killingham" is pretty badass. Sounds intimidating. Could be a real asset in recruiting.

Who is Denny Killingham?

Archived