New OC Hired Kenny Dillingham

auburnphan

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I think he can be the best we’ve ever had not named Cam. 

That's some heavy expectations there. Slack, White, Nix1.0, Marshall, Stidham, and Sullivan were some... Um... Pretty good QBs... I'm sure there are more really good ones but Sullivan is all I know from the years before the mid 80s.

Also, Nix2.0 may be listed as a DTQB, but Nix2.0 is MUCH MORE Stidham than Marshall. He is a DT in label only. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That's some heavy expectations there. Slack, White, Nix1.0, Marshall, Stidham, and Sullivan were some... Um... Pretty good QBs... I'm sure there are more really good ones but Sullivan is all I know from the years before the mid 80s.

Also, Nix2.0 may be listed as a DTQB, but Nix2.0 is MUCH MORE Stidham than Marshall. He is a DT in label only. 

Yep until I see him outrun SEC DEs like Johnny Football, I am not calling him a DT.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep until I see him outrun SEC DEs like Johnny Football, I am not calling him a DT.

Me either. I'm not like Gus. I don't do the same things over and over expecting different results. I've seen this ship before. I know how it works out. I won't fall for that again like i did when Stidham signed. 

The people on SECFans on YouTube said it about Stidham before he played a single game. I've started listening to those guys. They know their crap.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

That's a tough comparison. Johnny Football out ran far more than DEs as a dual threat QB.  I think they adjusted the requirement to include the ability to extend a plays.  As for Stidham I think him breaking his ankle affected his running and confidence to run. He looked wayyyy more aggressive and a little faster at Baylor before it happened.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Funny thing is we very well may have one on the roster now. He happened to be the only freshman not to take a single snap this season. Also a good majority of fans thinks he ends up at TE. Some people said the exact same thing about Cam as well..  

Gatewood needs a chance. Him not getting a single snap this season was criminal. I'd be surprised if he is on campus this time next year. 

Yes it was ..I know he was hurt earlier. no rumors allowed here.But no excuses now he has a clear shot to go out and take it this spring. 

1 minute ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

That's a tough comparison. Johnny Football out ran far more than DEs as a dual threat QB.  I think they adjusted the requirement to include the ability to extend a plays.  As for Stidham I think him breaking his ankle affected his running and confidence to run. He looked wayyyy more aggressive and a little faster at Baylor before it happened.

Really? Because this guy is rated as #1 DT in the nation? Johnny football was never ranked that high in high school. And yes he did outrun far more than DEs because he actually was a dual threat QB. At the minimum, you need to be able to get the to the edge and with no issues otherwise, are you a true DT? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but to burn redshirts isn't just during the first four games of a season is it?  So after Gatewood's injury he could've played this season....right?  I don't think he's the next Cam some wanna make him. A lot of goal line, wildcat situations they could've put him in to test the waters.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Really? Because this guy is rated as #1 DT in the nation? Johnny football was never ranked that high in high school. And yes he did outrun far more than DEs because he actually was a dual threat QB. At the minimum, you need to be able to get the to the edge and with no issues otherwise, are you a true DT? 

Johnny Football played WR on A&Ms scout team his first year there. Don't know what he was classified but he always had wheels and quickness to be labeled as such.

He's no Johnny Football but how many are.  Nix is faster than Stidham and runs like he's trying to get somewhere he needs to be. Burrows (spelling) with LSU isn't faster than Rodney Garner with my knee but he runs with confidence and toughness. Stidham is no  dual threat to compare to anybody. 

20 minutes ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

He's no Johnny Football but how many are.  Nix is faster than Stidham and runs like he's trying to get somewhere he needs to be. Burrows (spelling) with LSU isn't faster than Rodney Garner with my knee but he runs with confidence and toughness. Stidham is no  dual threat to compare to anybody. 

My point isn't about Johnny football. How about Mckenzie Milton then? What I and Eugene are saying that we would rather wait and see if he actually has any true escape speed or the ability to extend the play. I want to see it at the collegiate leave before I believe all this hype.

56 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Only 247 lists Nix as a DT (#1 DT QB). Rivals calls him a Pro-Style (#1 Pro-Style QB) and ESPN calls him a Pocket Passer (#4 Pocket Passer QB).

He threw for 3,496 yards and ran for 351 yards in his senior year. So definitely not the dual-threat QB who runs for 1,000 yards in a season.

Just now, meh130 said:

Only 247 lists Nix as a DT (#1 DT QB). Rivals calls him a Pro-Style (#1 Pro-Style QB) and ESPN calls him a Pocket Passer (#4 Pocket Passer QB).

He threw for 3,496 yards and ran for 351 yards in his senior year. So definitely not the dual-threat QB who runs for 1,000 yards in a season.

Perspective. Thank you and I think Eugene has been saying this as well. He is probably more like SW. 

Seriously? You say that in this thread? We just hired an OC that is 2 years removed from being a graduate assistant. One that has spent most of his time being a graduate assistant working with TEs. 

We were turned down by the USCe RB coach... Let that sink in.. 

We couldn't get any real OC to even talk to us. But sure... Everything in the media recently about Auburn is just lies designed by the Rec to hurt Auburn in recruiting.

Also, details of contracts usually aren't released until MONTHS after the fact. Sometimes it takes FOI requests to force the institution to even release the information. But sure... It's fake because it hasn't been released yet...

I was responding to a question that @PoetTiger asked about the renegotiating of his contract and giving MY OPINION.

Freeze was his first choice, then Bentley, and apparently Dillingham (because that is who he hired) maybe he had 40 other people in the mix that turned him down.. I have no idea.. BUT doesn't sound like he is handcuffed to me.. was free to go after whoever he wanted once again MY OPINION.

I never brought up the REC.. you did.. Once again MY OPINION about the media. They got bad information .. bad leaks whatever you want to call it, I call it lies. Lies I believe were made up by someone in the Athletic Department, president's office, maybe from a member of the BOT.. I have no idea but they were put out there to embarrass Gus and hopefully he would leave because they were NEVER going to pay his buyout. 

Name one person in the AD that has confirmed Gus' contract was renegotiated. No one has to give the details.. just need one person to confirm that it was renegotiated. Once again MY OPINION.. the contract thing NEVER happened.  

Sorry you got so butt hurt on a post that was answering someone else's question with MY OPINION. Sorry MY OPINION offends you. I never said any of this happened. I said it is what I BELIEVE and until someone comes out and proves me wrong.. I will continue to believe it. 

Good Lord.. Chill out. 

Not expecting it. Hoping for it. You also left D Craig off. But I absolutely think he CAN be better than every one of them. He is only a dual threat in the sense he can extend plays and extend drives and take advantage of coverages at strategic times. We CANNOT use him like a nick Marshall as a primary rushing threat. 

One reason why i was kinda glad Stidham was not participating in the bowl was to maybe see Joey get a few snaps. I don’t have as much confidence in a guy who barely even played qb in high school vs an Auburn legacy who broke virtually every career record in the state. 

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

My point isn't about Johnny football. How about Mckenzie Milton then? What I and Eugene are saying that we would rather wait and see if he actually has any true escape speed or the ability to extend the play. I want to see it at the collegiate leave before I believe all this hype.

Milton is good but he's no Johnny Football running the rock. I'm saying that I give Nix an early nod because he actually runs with a purpose. I understand ur point also in the discussion

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That's stuck in my craw is this mis-use of "dual-threat".  Mobile Pocket Passer should be a 3rd option when labelling these guys.  Nobody is going to confuse Bo Nix with Marshall where the pretend zone-read is effective.  One of the things that hamstrung the run-game (besides the obvious OLine issues) was the sloooow developing hand-offs, as if Jarrett was a 50/50 chance to take off with blazing speed.  I don't see Bo being any different. 

His Running strength (as would have been with Stids or Sean White) would be more along the lines of QB draws and QB runs (without the delay of RB fakes) etc.  I THINK, more like OU used Mayfield & Murray.  But I'm no expert, of course...

And BTW, I said this about SW and I feel the same way about Bo... Former AU QB Jeff Burger comes to mind (but Bo probably has more natural talent).

59 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I was responding to a question that @PoetTiger asked about the renegotiating of his contract and giving MY OPINION.

Freeze was his first choice, then Bentley, and apparently Dillingham (because that is who he hired) maybe he had 40 other people in the mix that turned him down.. I have no idea.. BUT doesn't sound like he is handcuffed to me.. was free to go after whoever he wanted once again MY OPINION.

I never brought up the REC.. you did.. Once again MY OPINION about the media. They got bad information .. bad leaks whatever you want to call it, I call it lies. Lies I believe were made up by someone in the Athletic Department, president's office, maybe from a member of the BOT.. I have no idea but they were put out there to embarrass Gus and hopefully he would leave because they were NEVER going to pay his buyout. 

Name one person in the AD that has confirmed Gus' contract was renegotiated. No one has to give the details.. just need one person to confirm that it was renegotiated. Once again MY OPINION.. the contract thing NEVER happened.  

Sorry you got so butt hurt on a post that was answering someone else's question with MY OPINION. Sorry MY OPINION offends you. I never said any of this happened. I said it is what I BELIEVE and until someone comes out and proves me wrong.. I will continue to believe it. 

Good Lord.. Chill out. 

Seems you are the butt hurt one there Skippy.

And no you didn't bring up the Rec. You said it was "outright lies by the media to embarrass Gus." Exactly who then would be behind this conspiracy? You think Auburn did it to embarrass Gus and hurt recruiting? You think the beat writers did it to lose their access? Saying its outright lies by the media to embarrass Gus would only make sense if the Rec was behind it. So you didn't say the rec but you sure implied it was. There is no one else that would do that - that would make sense. So if not the rec, who exactly was the mastermind behind the ploy to "hurt Gus" thus hurting Auburn football?

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Probably way before your time but there was another Nix that played QB before Patrick Nix. His name was Lloyd Nix. We may have to say Bo is 3.0.

20 hours ago, alexava said:

You also left D Craig off

And Jason Campbell. It was just a short list off the top of my head.

And as far as Nix vs Gatewood, I'm pretty sure if gatewood played on a team with no other legit D1 talent, and his dad was the coach, he would of broken some records as well. Not taking anything away from Nix2.0 however comparing their high school career is comparing apples to oranges. Sure they are both fruits, but that's where the comparison stops.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I can’t answer why we have such bad luck ( or failure) in stocking offensive linemen but that has been our most frequent problem. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/10/19/braden-smith-auburn-guard-colts-right-tackle-anthony-castonzo/1685433002/

It's too easy to negative recruit AU to OL prospects.

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That's stuck in my craw is this mis-use of "dual-threat".  Mobile Pocket Passer should be a 3rd option when labelling these guys.  Nobody is going to confuse Bo Nix with Marshall where the pretend zone-read is effective.  One of the things that hamstrung the run-game (besides the obvious OLine issues) was the sloooow developing hand-offs, as if Jarrett was a 50/50 chance to take off with blazing speed.  I don't see Bo being any different. 

His Running strength (as would have been with Stids or Sean White) would be more along the lines of QB draws and QB runs (without the delay of RB fakes) etc.  I THINK, more like OU used Mayfield & Murray.  But I'm no expert, of course...

And BTW, I said this about SW and I feel the same way about Bo... Former AU QB Jeff Burger comes to mind (but Bo probably has more natural talent).

I would settle for someone to be able to move around the pocket like SW. He actually made plays downfield once he moved off his planned launch point. Maybe that is the perfect compromise for the folks, like myself, who are hammering home the idea of a runner being able to bail Gus out of his predictable calls.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I would settle for someone to be able to move around the pocket like SW. He actually made plays downfield once he moved off his planned launch point. Maybe that is the perfect compromise for the folks, like myself, who are hammering home the idea of a runner being able to bail Gus out of his predictable calls.

SW had elite pocket presence and pocket movement.  He basically was Rodgers without the dynamite arm.

Archived