New OC Hired Kenny Dillingham

auburnphan

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That's stuck in my craw is this mis-use of "dual-threat".  Mobile Pocket Passer should be a 3rd option when labelling these guys.  Nobody is going to confuse Bo Nix with Marshall where the pretend zone-read is effective.  One of the things that hamstrung the run-game (besides the obvious OLine issues) was the sloooow developing hand-offs, as if Jarrett was a 50/50 chance to take off with blazing speed.  I don't see Bo being any different. 

His Running strength (as would have been with Stids or Sean White) would be more along the lines of QB draws and QB runs (without the delay of RB fakes) etc.  I THINK, more like OU used Mayfield & Murray.  But I'm no expert, of course...

And BTW, I said this about SW and I feel the same way about Bo... Former AU QB Jeff Burger comes to mind (but Bo probably has more natural talent).

This third designation would cover most of the NFL, including Aaron Rodgers. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AuMarine said:

I highly doubt that his contract was renegotiated. I would bet nothing at all changed. No way is Gus handcuffed with the program either. I believe the stories being put out were out right lies made up by someone to embarrass Gus??Hell I don't know. But what I do know is that no one has published the details of his so called new contract. Maybe I am wrong, but until I see the new details of his new contract, I will call bs on all of it. 

I called BS on all of it all the way back to Josh Moon's crap about Bob Stoops "people being very interested."  Hell, Stoops emphatically denied the entire ordeal, called it stupid and ridiculous.  And had a MOD on here that spent hours and days backing up people like Moon/Tate with their non-stop rumor mill while they were pumping out the "sources" & "stories" from behind the scenes like there was no tomorrow.  

When a political journalist all of a sudden turns scoop artist on the inner workings of AU donors, supporters, BOT members and he suddenly out of nowhere starts pumping out tons of tweets & articles (along with Jay Tate/Brandon Marcello) and they begin tag teaming each other over and over then something very weird was going on.  Most of it was contradictory and unbelievable to the point of idiocy.  How odd that we haven't heard a peep out of Moon/Tate in days.

8 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Probably way before your time but there was another Nix that played QB before Patrick Nix. His name was Lloyd Nix. We may have to say Bo is 3.0.

Well played... Well played. I would say sir or mam, but I'm unable to tell which you are by your username, so I'll just stick with #WellPlayed

Must of been WAAAAAAAAAAAAY before my time. I've never heard that name until just now. Is he related to the others? When did he play? 

38 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Dang!  That's almost as if an al.com writer submitted a story to them.

Also, it's not lost on me that Purdue is in IN, so maybe a subtle jab of gamesmanship?

35 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I would settle for someone to be able to move around the pocket like SW. He actually made plays downfield once he moved off his planned launch point. Maybe that is the perfect compromise for the folks, like myself, who are hammering home the idea of a runner being able to bail Gus out of his predictable calls.

Yes.  Instead of *run left; throw out of bounds* how 'bout *run either way and try and make something happen..... even if it's YOU (the QB...not YOU you 😉) running for a few yards and first down*.

I think THAT would be Bo's (or Cord's) running strength.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

And Jason Campbell. It was just a short list off the top if my head.

And as far as Nix vs Gatewood, I'm pretty sure if gatewood played on a team with no other legit D1 talent, and his dad was the coach, he would of broken some records as well. Not taking anything away from Nix2.0 however comparing their high school career is comparing apples to oranges. Sure they are both fruits, but that's where the comparison stops.

We’ll see come spring. 

50 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well played... Well played. I would say sir or mam, but I'm unable to tell which you are by your username, so I'll just stick with #WellPlayed

Must of been WAAAAAAAAAAAAY before my time. I've never heard that name until just now. Is he related to the others? When did he play? 

Don't know if he is related to the other Nix's. He played in the late 50's and actually he was before my time as well, but he was a dentist in Decatur and the local news had him on a lot of times.

49 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Dang!  That's almost as if an al.com writer submitted a story to them.

Also, it's not lost on me that Purdue is in IN, so maybe a subtle jab of gamesmanship?

Maybe you're being sarcastic and I missed it, but did you notice the writer of that article? One Joel A. Erickson, former AU beat writer for al.com.

7 minutes ago, fortworthtiger said:

Maybe you're being sarcastic and I missed it, but did you notice the writer of that article? One Joel A. Erickson, former AU beat writer for al.com.

I WAS being sarcastic but not because I noticed the writer.  I really couldn't ID an actual al.com writer (former or otherwise) outside of Crapea & Marshmallow.

Good catch on your part 🤜🤛

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I WAS being sarcastic but not because I noticed the writer.  I really couldn't ID an actual al.com writer (former or otherwise) outside of Crapea & Marshmallow.

Good catch on your part 🤜🤛

I'm not sure why I remember his name. Funny thing is I googled his name and it pulled up old videos he and Marcello uses to do for al.com.

1 minute ago, fortworthtiger said:

I'm not sure why I remember his name. Funny thing is I googled his name and it pulled up old videos he and Marcello uses to do for al.com.

It certainly explains the tone of the article though.

Not "Braden Smith Good" but rather "Auburn Sucks".

But, with that said.... Good for Braden.  Dude is a straight up beast.  I did like that description.... Like a polar bear standing in the doorway. LOL!  Beautiful!!!

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

It certainly explains the tone of the article though.

Not "Braden Smith Good" but rather "Auburn Sucks".

But, with that said.... Good for Braden.  Dude is a straight up beast.  I did like that description.... Like a polar bear standing in the doorway. LOL!  Beautiful!!!

Article did take an unusual route to make the case that Braden just might work out for the Colts.

You can take the beat writer out of al.com, but you can't take al.com out of the beat writer. 

4 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Yes it was ..I know he was hurt earlier. no rumors allowed here.But no excuses now he has a clear shot to go out and take it this spring. 

I thought for sure I read he injured his hand in camp or early season and got behind in reps prior to the season starting. Was that not true?

59 minutes ago, fortworthtiger said:

You can take the beat writer out of al.com, but you can't take al.com out of the beat writer. 

Can we beat the al.com out of a writer?

2 hours ago, fortworthtiger said:

Yep. Joel wasn’t a bad one. I guess his gig as Saints beat reporter was short lived.

IIRC, he was the only al.com reporter that picked Auburn over Alabama in 2013.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Seems you are the butt hurt one there Skippy.

And no you didn't bring up the Rec. You said it was "outright lies by the media to embarrass Gus." Exactly who then would be behind this conspiracy? You think Auburn did it to embarrass Gus and hurt recruiting? You think the beat writers did it to lose their access? Saying its outright lies by the media to embarrass Gus would only make sense if the Rec was behind it. So you didn't say the rec but you sure implied it was. There is no one else that would do that - that would make sense. So if not the rec, who exactly was the mastermind behind the ploy to "hurt Gus" thus hurting Auburn football?

Just read what I said... stop making up things such as I was implying REC was behind it. We do not need the REC to screw up this situation we did it on our own. I said and I quote: .” I believe the stories being put out were out right lies made up by someone to embarrass Gus??Hell I don't know” I also said after you accused me of blaming the REC that the media got bad information .. I called that information lies and the information could have been from someone in the AD, BOT or whatever trying to embarrass CGM and hoping he would leave. I am not sure why you would continue to rehash it when all you have to do is read what I said. 

Once again.. relax chill whatever. It’s my damn opinion you don’t have to like it or agree with it.. just stop saying I said or implied something. I don’t imply things, I come right out and say them. 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

I called BS on all of it all the way back to Josh Moon's crap about Bob Stoops "people being very interested."  Hell, Stoops emphatically denied the entire ordeal, called it stupid and ridiculous.  And had a MOD on here that spent hours and days backing up people like Moon/Tate with their non-stop rumor mill while they were pumping out the "sources" & "stories" from behind the scenes like there was no tomorrow.  

When a political journalist all of a sudden turns scoop artist on the inner workings of AU donors, supporters, BOT members and he suddenly out of nowhere starts pumping out tons of tweets & articles (along with Jay Tate/Brandon Marcello) and they begin tag teaming each other over and over then something very weird was going on.  Most of it was contradictory and unbelievable to the point of idiocy.  How odd that we haven't heard a peep out of Moon/Tate in days.

I agree. You nailed it from the beginning. I think someone in the know at Auburn dilibertly put false info out. We will probably never get the truth. 

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus could just come out like 2013 and have no Clemson moments 

Its not impossible for him to be that guy again, its just very unlikely. I have to think if there's anyone who can shift the paradigm of a scenario that SHOULD be set in stone, its Gus

Or he could be the guy that plays 3 QBs in a game against Clemson. Then says he's going to do it again only to be stopped by the AD and others. Agree...it's just unlikely unless we have another prime time QB. 

9 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Or he could be the guy that plays 3 QBs in a game against Clemson. Then says he's going to do it again only to be stopped by the AD and others. Agree...it's just unlikely unless we have another prime time QB. 

Really?  I didn't know this.

I do know the "AD & others" had to meddle an awful lot in Gus' operation to get Muschamp/Steele in here and let them do their own thing on defense.  Including completely revamping the process for evaluating and putting a premium on defensive recruiting.  Gus was clueless on staffing for a defense at this level.

And I knew the "AD & others" had to grab Gus by the short hairs to make him cut Lashlee, but I didn't know they were so intrusive that they'd actually mess with the game planning/play selection.  Of course the AD & others were probably 100% right.

I'd love to see how some of the current & former college HC's at other schools would react if their "AD & others" came in and tried to dictate and micromanage them like ours have done to CGM............  There are just some men you don't effing mess with in this profession.

29 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

How do you know this ?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

How do you know this ?

I think we currently have solid QBs. Nix could be in that category but no...i don't see a Cam or NM on our roster...do you?

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

Really?  I didn't know this.

I do know the "AD & others" had to meddle an awful lot in Gus' operation to get Muschamp/Steele in here and let them do their own thing on defense.  Including completely revamping the process for evaluating and putting a premium on defensive recruiting.  Gus was clueless on staffing for a defense at this level.

And I knew the "AD & others" had to grab Gus by the short hairs to make him cut Lashlee, but I didn't know they were so intrusive that they'd actually mess with the game planning/play selection.  Of course the AD & others were probably 100% right.

I'd love to see how some of the current & former college HC's at other schools would react if their "AD & others" came in and tried to dictate and micromanage them like ours have done to CGM............  There are just some men you don't effing mess with in this profession.

So you don't recall Gus having to be stopped after playing 3 QBs in the Clemson game and wanting to do so again but had to be told it wasn't a good idea?  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/auburn_backup_quarterback.html

He even said after the Clemson game in his presser that the plan would remain the same until being told it wasn't a good idea. 

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

I agree. You nailed it from the beginning. I think someone in the know at Auburn dilibertly put false info out. We will probably never get the truth. 

I'm going to throw a "coincidence" out there and some may say I'm chumming the waters.......But I distinctly remember many "rumors & leaks" that made it's way to certain Arkansas media members back when CGM was at Arkansas.  Of course the root of those leaks were to make it appear that Gus was being mistreated, undermined and that his bosses weren't allowing him to run his own offense.                                                                                                             

I'm not accusing anyone, but some of the Stoops rumors and then the rumors of the PTB trying to deligitimize CGM's contract, and then the rumor that the PTB were restricting Gus' ability to get an OC due to the contract limitations, etc were reminiscent of some of that Nutt/Malzhan stuff back in 2006. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

So you don't recall Gus having to be stopped after playing 3 QBs in the Clemson game and wanting to do so again but had to be told it wasn't a good idea?  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/auburn_backup_quarterback.html

He even said after the Clemson game in his presser that the plan would remain the same until being told it wasn't a good idea. 

There's been so much boneheaded shart with CGM that I have selective amnesia about so much of it.  :(

Archived